Sideshow Spike Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also think there's something weird about the eyes, or the eyebrows, I don't know yet. But other than that, this is a true piece of art. And it looks stunning with Buffy on its side. I will be so proud to own this.

He's the best one yet, you'll see when he's in hand. You are going to wonder how the photos didn't capture the pure brilliance in the sculpt. I am glad he's not due till next year because I just have too much coming. They just added Jessica Rabbit to my bills. Ugh.

I don't mind whatever it is he's using, either. To me it looks more like a railroad spike from the lip around the large end.

If you watch the video or check out the hi-res pics, whatever he's holding in his hand has a grain to it. That would point me towards it being a stake.:wink1:

spike.jpg

spikebuffy.jpg

from this angle it looks a bit like the Dene Mason MAC Spike mini-statue which i love..
so i confidently went ahead and ordered him.

He looks much better in these photos although my minor gripe is for all the money this item costs they could get his coat right?

Also It made me smile when the chap in the video was going on about having him dark and brooding etc, and I'm think what show were you watching mate? I think you're confusing him with Angel. :lol

Still a lovely piece though. I wish I could afford it.

I don't know if some have checked it out yet, but I watched the 'Comic Con Showcase' video for this piece and it looks CRAZY awesome. A lot better than the pics, I feel. They posed it next to the Slayer and they look great, great, GREAT together.

I'm really excited about this one. I dare say I like it better than Faith. A toss up for me right now which one I like better.

from this angle it looks a bit like the Dene Mason MAC Spike mini-statue which i love..
so i confidently went ahead and ordered him.

I was hoping the top photo would help out a lot of people. It's hard to see it on Sideshow's page, but the sculpt is dead on. I believe that most of you will prefer the human face on this one, to the pf. Right now you think I'm insane. But when you have it in hand..totally different story!

Congrats on the order BL.

"He wanted a crouching, really dark brooding, really batmanesque pose, to try to bring out the character of Spike."

This made me lol.

I know that Spike was broody from time to time, but I think that description fits Angel a lot better. Love the pose and the expression is good, but this description just made me smile.

I guess that might be the little problem I've had that I've been trying to put my finger on. The pose would have fitted Angel better. Worked for this piece anyway, which is similar https://timespacetoys.stores.yahoo.net/anontom9vins.html

When you think of Angel, and a good way to represent him, that would be broody and batmanesque, as he often is, but with Spike, it's the cockyness that springs to mind. I wish the statue could have shown that side of Spike, that seems to be ever present.

"He wanted a crouching, really dark brooding, really batmanesque pose, to try to bring out the character of Spike."

This made me lol.

I know that Spike was broody from time to time, but I think that description fits Angel a lot better. Love the pose and the expression is good, but this description just made me smile.

I guess that might be the little problem I've had that I've been trying to put my finger on. The pose would have fitted Angel better. Worked for this piece anyway, which is similar https://timespacetoys.stores.yahoo.net/anontom9vins.html

When you think of Angel, and a good way to represent him, that would be broody and batmanesque, as he often is, but with Spike, it's the cockyness that springs to mind. I wish the statue could have shown that side of Spike, that seems to be ever present.

Oh I totally agree. I thought of that old vinyl statue the moment I clocked eyes on this piece. It's the stance that does it. :wink1:

I've always wanted a smirking Spike with a ciggy in his hand. :lol

There is one thing that I'm still trying to figure out. Is his shirt black with a red wash? Or is it one or the other and the lighting is making it look different?

I am much happier now I've seen the hires pic and video he looks great. The pose is just like a vinyl statue of Angel I have on top of my bookcase.

There is one thing that I'm still trying to figure out. Is his shirt black with a red wash? Or is it one or the other and the lighting is making it look different?

I think It looks like a dark red shirt with a black wash to me.

I noticed that his eyebrows appear to be lighter than on the show. Could be why he seems off around the eyes. I think I would ahve liked the eyes darker as well, but I can't recall if they're suppose to be.

@sueworld, what's off about his coat?

so I confidently went ahead and ordered him.

Link?

I was hoping the top photo would help out a lot of people. It's hard to see it on Sideshow's page, but the sculpt is dead on. I believe that most of you will prefer the human face on this one, to the pf. Right now you think I'm insane. But when you have it in hand..totally different story!

I already like it more than the PF human face. Mainly because his eyes look less blank, as if he's actually focusing on something.

sueworld, what's off about his coat?

Well on the vid they say it's not an exact copy of the clothes he wears and that If you look at it it seems much of the detailing is a bit off. The straps on his sleeves aren't right for example.

Yup, thanks for the hi-res picture. I still don't think it's supposed to be a portrait though. It looks faintly Asian because of the eyes. Maybe it's the angle, but it looks too squinty.

Small adjustment to placement of eyebrows and pupils.

Untitled-1.jpg

But it's fine as is. It's a nice statue. More in character for him to be lurking than pretending to be Angel, but you can still spin the pose that way.

Back