Sideshow Sold Out!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not your business? I think you should wonder why they are asking so much for a statue. Do the price make it seem more appealing. Something that is a little out of reach? This is what the thread was supposed to be about. The fact that SS may not be on the up and up and its sold out practice. Other people want to discuss the economics of business when all i want to know is do you think they are doing this on purpose and does it play a bigger role in the buyer psychology? Plus i don't want to spend a lot on statues, haha.

Its not your business? I think you should wonder why they are asking so much for a statue. Do the price make it seem more appealing. Something that is a little out of reach? This is what the thread was supposed to be about. The fact that SS may not be on the up and up and its sold out practice. Other people want to discuss the economics of business when all i want to know is do you think they are doing this on purpose and does it play a bigger role in the buyer psychology? Plus i don't want to spend a lot on statues, haha.

If you don't want to spend a lot on statues, then don't.

If you want something then be ready to pony up :lol

Well it's misnomer, they are using the word wrong intentionally or otherwise.

If they thought it was sold out or they were checking inventory that's another thing, but they obviously know some products are not sold out since they convert instantly (Bullseye, Guile, Sabretooth).

If they know a product is still in stock and maintain a sold out sign on their website, that's misleading and untrue. Emotional manipulation of customers and creating hype is accepted advertising and sometimbes good business practice, but not by intentional deception.

Tnaig001...I don't want to spend a lot on a statue. I feel like we have all become so familiar with spending 300 on statues. If we actually saw one for 200, we might all pass out.

then I guess you're in the wrong hobby :dunno

Thank you fuzzylojiks. Finally some support! Its me and you vs. the employees of the SS! HAHA

It's not my business. It's Sideshow's. What is my business is my collection: what I want in it, and how I intend to pay for it. That is all I provide to the process, aside from minor feedback in the form of personal opinion that may or may not influence product development.

What is it that they are doing on purpose? Selling all available pre-orders, offering waitlist status for those who wish to take advantage of declined cards and cancellations, shipping remaining orders when product is ready, fulfilling further waitlist orders, until the point where all the retailer and customer returns have been exhausted, there are none left to sell, and they finally state SOLD OUT?

Yes, I imagine they do that all on purpose. They even do it openly. Are there people who are led by the nose while they do it? Yes. Many. They eventually realize they let someone else make their decisions for them, and now need someone to blame so they don't feel so easily manipulated (particularly when no one was pulling the strings).

devilof76... did you even read the previous post? Sold out should mean sold out. As in no longer available. I can't believe i have to say this again but do you think that the sold out status on a product has any influence on the buyers mentality, and if so do you think SS is stating something as sold out as a ploy to get you to get on the wait list on purpose?

devilof76... did you even read the previous post? Sold out should mean sold out. As in no longer available. I can't believe i have to say this again but do you think that the sold out status on a product has any influence on the buyers mentality, and if so do you think SS is stating something as sold out as a ploy to get you to get on the wait list on purpose?
STFU-Hand_Puppet.gif

Ok, so SS is using the "sold out" tactic. Now you know...And knowing is half the battle ...GI JOE

Good to know, cause I base ALL my Sideshow purchases on the sold out/wait list statuts. Now that I know its just a tactic I can stop ordering stuff!

Money saved for more hookers and cocaine :yess:

Sold out does mean sold out. If you go on the site and find an item that has SOLD OUT on its page, you'll notice that there is no waitlist available. That is because it's SOLD OUT. Waitlist status is not equivalent to being sold out; that just means that the pre-orders have sold through.

On rare occaisions, a piece that has sold out will become available in extremely low quantities. Is that what you're complaining about?

I'll say one more thing and then leave this thread forever, despite clealry being insane, marvelcollector has been civil and extremely respectful. Nice to see that kind of attitude for a change. :clap

Sold out does mean sold out. If you go on the site and find an item that has SOLD OUT on its page, you'll notice that there is no waitlist available. That is because it's SOLD OUT. Waitlist status is not equivalent to being sold out; that just means that the pre-orders have sold through.

On rare occaisions, a piece that has sold out will become available in extremely low quantities. Is that what you're complaining about?
If wait list status is not the same as being SOLD OUT then maybe sideshow shouldn't list SOLD OUT under the status on the individual statue page.

Look at Ms. Marvel exclusive, it sold out in the first hour. How do they sell 750 statues that quick? I love the statue but does it seem weird?

Thank you King Darkness. I was hoping to discuss this thing i noticed about SS and for the most part i did.

Star Wars figures used to sell out with edition sizes of several thousand in a matter of minutes. As prices rose, and people learned that figures were cheaper if you waited, it began to take longer.

If you want to understand the difference between Ms. Marvel's 'sold out' status, and true sold out status, look up the Doom PF product page. Ms. Marvel's page clearly states 'waitlist available. All Doom's says is 'Sorry, this item is sold out.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back