1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, those are different figures for sure.

HT version looks MUCH better. I wonder if both versions will get released? It's odd that out of all of the characters, this would be the one that both companies would produce at the same time.

Disappointed.

The proposed Hot Toy looks better. Better figure and better stand.

I would have jumped at the Hot Toy version but with sideshow figures costing £240 here now I cannot justify that outlay for this inferior looking figure.

This whole deal:slap Of course we don't know the details, but why couldn't we get the HT version of the commander with sideshow making an attempt at Veers....why:gah:

Definitely will think hard before preordering this one. That's quite a puzzling move. With so many desired figures and so many characters expected y the collector community, both manufacturers spending ressources simultaneously on (arguably) a non army building character is bound to cost them.

This whole deal:slap Of course we don't know the details, but why couldn't we get the HT version of the commander with sideshow making an attempt at Veers....why:gah:

In this instance, i'd rather have HT switch to the Veers project.

The Sideshow version doesn't look so hot there. I hope with Sideshow releasing one, it won't prevent Hot Toys from releasing theirs as well.

Sideshow posted a pic from their booth. Cropped it together for a side-by-side with the original Hot Toys pic from page 1. My first impression is boots, gloves, helmet and chest armor are all different. Basically, this is a different figure than the original offering Hot Toys teased.

Hot Toys on the left, Sideshow on the right.

View attachment 335666

Maybe relations between the companies have deteriorated for some reason?

Betting Sideshow is just reusing the AT-AT driver body for their's too. Something about that body I don't particularly like.

Betting Sideshow is just reusing the AT-AT driver body for their's too. Something about that body I don't particularly like.

Yeah, they are certainly decent bodies, but something is off about them - a bit oversized too.

..studs on helmet...holster size....

If you look at the other pic from the Sideshow site (where their commander is in background) you can also see the helemt profile is different SSC vs HT.

It's definitely a whole different figure.

Given sales, maybe HT is backing off from too much Star Wars saturation. They are very fast to drop lines based on sales performance. Maybe they feel they went too deep into the OT and decided to back off, keep their focus on the required new movie with some scattered figures from the OT here and there.

We're still missing several teased figures as it is (GONK, Death Star Trooper, this Commander). Maybe they just dropped their Commander and said 'go with yours' to Sideshow.

But whatever -- everyone should be happy that this one-shot Commander is even getting made.

I want the Death Star Trooper -- and the Imperials that will come from that outfit. Where the hell is he?

Thanks for the side by side photo, if they release the HT version on the left I will buy it. The one on the right looks like a cheap toy in comparison.

Given sales, maybe HT is backing off from too much Star Wars saturation. They are very fast to drop lines based on sales performance. Maybe they feel they went too deep into the OT and decided to back off, keep their focus on the required new movie with some scattered figures from the OT here and there.

But whatever -- everyone should be happy that this one-shot Commander is even getting made.

Agree with you 100%. Too much on their plate with all the licenses they have. Seems like 25% of the figures they announce never get made. :lol

Thanks for the side by side photo, if they release the HT version on the left I will buy it. The one on the right looks like a cheap toy in comparison.

Looking at pictures of the original commander uniform the perfect one would be a combination of the two quite frankly.

We're still missing several teased figures as it is (GONK, Death Star Trooper, this Commander). Maybe they just dropped their Commander and said 'go with yours' to Sideshow.

I want the Death Star Trooper -- and the Imperials that will come from that outfit. Where the hell is he?

Can say that some what for TFA SW figures but OT and even R1 troopers are selling well, including the the new Snowtroopers. I don't think the commander was getting released in 2017 anyways as not a lot of people can afford a two pack and a commander on top of that. It is also not on the catalog I think? I was expecting next year but SSC making one just created a weird situation. I am holding off on the SSC based on that comparison.

Back