1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Snowtrooper Commander

Glad it's Sideshow. It'll be a better figure overall, even if the base body might not be. If they do one of their special bases, it'll be much nicer than the HT rectangles and as far as I'm concerned, the boxes are equivalent (and something I absolutely don't care about at all).

Gotta be joking right?

Even the normal HT Snowtrooper kills the SS one now.

I can't stand the SS's Snowtroopers squinty eyes, the weird folds in the mask and the giant oven mitt hands. :gah:

Even the normal HT Snowtrooper kills the SS one now.

I can't stand the SS's Snowtroopers squinty eyes, the weird folds in the mask and the giant oven mitt hands. :gah:

Because you have a new HT Snowtrooper in hand right? SS's effort is from 2012 - it's MUCH easier to make a product when you have something to base it on, and by all appearances, the HT version is directly based on the SS version. So much so that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it had been the exact same staff to design it and assemble the prototype. You're in Australia so I'l forgive you for not knowing what a large pair of fitting gloves look like. :) Anyway, I have one on my shopping list because it'll fit perfectly along side the SS version.

I've also bought every HT OT figure (except Vader) up until the end of last year and kept only the most impressive parts and figures - there are a few stand-outs and a number of duds - most are middling, with a few stand-out or salvageable pieces.

Everyone thought the Commander prototype was HT and everything was all and good. Now it turns out it's probably a Sideshow piece and some folks are getting ready for panic mode. :rotfl

SW 1/6 requires mixing and matching to get the best. Can't stick with only one vendor.

I see it now, thanks!

1bf5fd5ad7913a4b3e6878a990caff91.jpg

I mean from this it looks very much like a HT release. With all of the other HTs SW previews and the stand. I'd prefer HTs. I can't justify the HT snowtrooper but I can the commander. But all around yeah a very weird situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

star-wars-snowtrooper-sixth-scale-hot-toys-silo-902807.png

I wasn't going to, but now I think I have to add this to my Imperial Hoth display.

Glad it's Sideshow. It'll be a better figure overall, even if the base body might not be. If they do one of their special bases, it'll be much nicer than the HT rectangles and as far as I'm concerned, the boxes are equivalent (and something I absolutely don't care about at all).

They are equivalent because you absolutely don't care about them. :)

The Snowtrooper is one of Sideshows best figures so the only problem I see with this is it will probably be necessary to replace the body and that kinda bothers me. At least when you overpay for a HT figure you get a decent body under there.

How are the later Sideshow figures? Still plagued by Limp Wrists™ and/or Floppy Ankles™ syndrome at least 50% of the time?

I have a few HT Bodies lying around so I'll survive.

The Snowtrooper is one of Sideshows best figures so the only problem I see with this is it will probably be necessary to replace the body and that kinda bothers me. At least when you overpay for a HT figure you get a decent body under there.

How are the later Sideshow figures? Still plagued by Limp Wrists™ and/or Floppy Ankles™ syndrome at least 50% of the time?

The last couple of Sideshow figures, TOD Indy and Biker Scout, were fine as far as floppy joints. I think they have the plain male figure bodies fine at this point. I know the Jawas were a floppy mess, but that could be because they were new special bodies.

The problem I have with Sideshow bodies is proportions. While both my TOD Indy and Biker Scout are actually pretty good in that respect, you still get the odd ones like Fett and Tusken Raider that have super short forearms. The Sideshow bodies don't really hang/pose all that naturally either.

All that said, I think recently there have been HT figures with loose joints, haven't there?

Hot Toys Snowtrooper Commander

The main problem I had with the Biker Scout was getting the arms close/flat to the body. Other than that it was fine.

Neither of those has been an issue with the bodies on the figures I have from 2012 onward. I'm not a fan of the Prometheus functional design in general, however.

Now that I look at the Commander's skirt it does look suspiciously like the same material Sideshow used on their Snowtrooper.

Back