1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tarkin will be sought after in time and surely sold out soon. Snow Commander is important to me as an Imperial collector, but it doesn't look like it should, accuracy is not what I want. Snow commander is the only figure Imperial I didn't pre-order in my collecting life, tat can say something. I might get it if on sale some day, otherwise I won't cry after it. But I'd cry if not getting HT Tarkin

trying to decide between this and tarkin at the moment , knowing my luck I buy this and hot toys put theirs up for pre order

The odds of ever seeing another Tarkin figure being made are slim to none, especially being as he's as close to flawless as I think could be. This figure, to me, ain't going anywhere. Between the two, I'd go Tarkin every time. You'd regret passing on him when his price doubles after the inevitable sellout.

The odds of ever seeing another Tarkin figure being made are slim to none, especially being as he's as close to flawless as I think could be. This figure, to me, ain't going anywhere. Between the two, I'd go Tarkin every time. You'd regret passing on him when his price doubles after the inevitable sellout.

I'm waiting for Sideshow to do a Tarkin.

Did some mods to the commander. Polished the armor and reduced the size of the hand armor.

20180302_074240.jpg
20180302_074132.jpg
20180302_074005.jpg
20180302_074048.jpg

The more I look at this the more I want it but at the same time the length of the helmet. It is also just too clean. I really am on the fence, I wish HT did this as well. Pull a rotj luke HT!!

No, I laid the armor flat on sandpaper. And moved the armor I'm am up and down motion. Worked great and yes, looks way better now.

What's a bit sad is that I had to do the exact same thing on the hands from my SSC Snowie (which had oven mitts for hands and hand armor that was goofy big, just like the Commander)... from five years ago. Makes me suspect they reused the same armor sculpt from the Snowie and just glued them onto reused ATAT driver hands.

Sideshow has been doing a truly awful job on hands in the last several years; both gloved and regular hands. Simplistic unconvincing sculpts, sometimes oversized, sometimes undersized, often with mediocre paint apps.

It's the thing that has stuck out like a sore thumb on this fig since the prototype - really not good enough.

Just picked this up from BBTS-

SNOWTROOPER-CMDR-002.jpg

Out patrolling in the battle-damaged snow...

SNOWTROOPER-CMDR-001.jpg

He looks in line with the other Sideshow Imperials and that works just fine for me.

I'll get some more snow shots before it disappears up here...

Back