Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those were still considered European last time I checked. :dunno

I think you just need to clarify what you consider to be "American." Is it only white people? Bruce Lee was American, so is Cheech Marin. They don't look white. What about Wesley Snipes? Is he American?

My point is not difficult to grasp. I have to think you're just being silly and argumentative.

If I really need to spell it out for you.... I'll try again.

White Americans are, generally speaking, a blend of multiple European ethnicities. That blending somehow has removed the most stereotypical features I associate with "pure" ethnic Europeans.

So yes, wise guy, Irish and Slovakian and Germans are all Europeans, but when you get them mixed they look classically American. OBVIOUSLY full blood Irish or German or any race can be Americans too...thats not the point.

The point is that generally speaking, most white Americans are not 100% one ethnicity, therefore the most striking features that identify pure Russians, for example, have been slightly watered down.

I've worked with several 100% Russians and it is VERY EASY to identify that they are pure Russian just based off their face. I've also known white Americans who have traces of Russian ancestory and I would have never guessed.

The Jack Krauser figure looks like its a pure blood European to me. You can disagree on the Jack Krauser, I don't care, but I think you're being silly by trying to say that the average white American looks just like a full blooded ethnic European :lol.

My point is not difficult to grasp. I have to think you're just being silly and argumentative.

If I really need to spell it out for you.... I'll try again.

White Americans are, generally speaking, a blend of multiple European ethnicities. That blending somehow has removed the most stereotypical features I associate with "pure" ethnic Europeans.

So yes, wise guy, Irish and Slovakian and Germans are all Europeans, but when you get them mixed they look classically American. OBVIOUSLY full blood Irish or German or any race can be Americans too...thats not the point.

The point is that generally speaking, most white Americans are not 100% one ethnicity, therefore the most striking features that identify pure Russians, for example, have been slightly watered down.

I've worked with several 100% Russians and it is VERY EASY to identify that they are pure Russian just based off their face. I've also known white Americans who have traces of Russian ancestory and I would have never guessed.

The Jack Krauser figure looks like its a pure blood European to me. You can disagree on the Jack Krauser, I don't care, but I think you're being silly by trying to say that the average white American looks just like a full blooded ethnic European :lol.

I don't think I'd stereotype anybody. Being American is looking like anyone of any race, regardless of features. I don't think being born here makes you any more American than being a naturalized citizen. And to think otherwise, well, is un-American. :huh

I don't think I'd stereotype anybody. Being American is looking like anyone of any race, regardless of features. I don't think being born here makes you any more American than being a naturalized citizen. And to think otherwise, well, is un-American. :huh

What the hell are you talking about? :lol

I'm not talking about who can be American and who can't...:lol

Its a freaking figure. :lol

I still think Snake Eyes wouldn't look like an ethnic Euro like the Jack Krauser figure. I personally picture him more as a young Abraham Lincoln...can't get more American than that. :lol

Last edited:
What the hell are you talking about? :lol

I'm not talking about who can be American and who can't...:lol

Its a freaking figure. :lol

I still think Snake Eyes wouldn't look like an ethnic Euro like the Jack Krauser figure.

I'm talking about your complete misconception of what the "all American" Caucasian is. If we wanna go by stereotypes, the all american boy is a redhead with freckles which sounds more like an Irish "ginger" to me. What I'm saying is, white, black, green, purple or blue, there's no definitive look that makes one more American than another, unless said look is Native American features.

I'm talking about your complete misconception of what the "all American" Caucasian is. If we wanna go by stereotypes, the all american boy is a redhead with freckles which sounds more like an Irish "ginger" to me. What I'm saying is, white, black, green, purple or blue, there's no definitive look that makes one more American than another, unless said look is Native American features.

That wasn't my point...and that isn't my perception of what American is. Its my perception of who SNAKE EYES is and also in general who represents "American" in media (which GI JOE is). You created this all in your mind by trying to create an argument when there wasn't one.

My point was simply that I don't see Snake Eyes as someone who just got off the boat with distinctive European features. Growing up I always thought of Snake Eyes as "American Ninja" like Michael Dudikoff who even though his father is apparently Russian he doesn't have that distictive ethnic look.

Anyway, sounds like you probably loved the direction Rise of Cobra went.

That wasn't my point...so if we got there its only because you tried to make an argument.

The point was simply that I don't see Snake Eyes as someone who just got off the boat with distinctive European features. Growing up I always thought of Snake Eyes as "American Ninja" like Michael Dudikoff who even though his father is apperently Russian he doesn't have that distictive ethnic look.

Considering we've never seen him without his mask in any other medium than the comic book (and a rare 3 3/4" based off of said comic book), and given that Lerath's custom looks pretty damn close to the image from the comic that he used as a source, I'd say you're wrong.

But hey, if having wet dreams about Snake Eyes taking off his mask and being Michael Dudikoff floats your boat, by all means, go sailing! :lol

weak. guess insults are all you got since you can't even win your own fabricated arguments.

Not trying to win anything. Just trying to figure out what the hell you're talking about. :lol You stated that the sculpt looks too "euro" yet have failed to establish what you meant only adding that Americans look different, and not as "European." To further "prove" your argument, you said you don't look European because your pop is Irish and German. Yet, newsflash bub, people from those countries ARE European, so your point still makes no sense whatsoever.

P.S. You threw the first insult by saying I "liked the direction" of ROC.

Not sure how to explain it. He looks European and not American. The facial structure makes him look like a Russian or a German, maybe because its so angular?

So you're saying he's either not fat enough in the face, or not Germanic enough for you? ( the rounded, Square faciel structure, commonly reffered to as a "hero" chin is a Trait common among the people who were at one time known as the Gauls, Which made up ALOt of what is now Germany, though some of them did become the celts, those features are prominant there.)

That and the slicked back Eurotrash looking hair. :lol

Heh, that, I can give you.

But being under a balaclava, you're either gonna end up with hair like that, or serious "hat hair"

To me it's the eyes and expression that don't look right for Snake Eyes.

Mask only.

While i disagree, i can understand your perspective :)

Now, lets see if i can find my reference picutes.

At the time of his injury

snakes2.gif

His original scars

snakesscars.gif

After the 4th plastic surgery

snakes7.gif

I do wish i could find a few pictures of him in his dress greens from the marvel series, but those are damn hard to find.

as for the general " he looks to euro"

his resemblence to a British actor is present in those pics I soppose

peter-cushing-grand-moff-tarkin.jpg

Last edited:
... and the other half is Blue lasers and red lasers :lol

Bah, everyone's entitled to their opinions, i made it for me, and for no-one else.

I'm the only one required to like it :D

Not trying to win anything. Just trying to figure out what the hell you're talking about. :lol You stated that the sculpt looks too "euro" yet have failed to establish what you meant only adding that Americans look different, and not as "European." To further "prove" your argument, you said you don't look European because your pop is Irish and German. Yet, newsflash bub, people from those countries ARE European, so your point still makes no sense whatsoever.

P.S. You threw the first insult by saying I "liked the direction" of ROC.

Yes yes yes. Everyone knows that Germans and the Irish are European...my point is that being a mutt of 3 or 4 different European ancestries plus African, Spanish, Asian, Native American, etc is what constructs most modern caucasian Americans. I don't look Slovakian, German or Irish despite having all 3 ancestries in my blood and its precisely because I have multiple ancestries in my blood that I look like neither of them. I think thats the case for guys like John Wayne and Clint Eastwood types. Looking at them they don't give off any essence other than "American".

The same can be said for a lot of African American or Latin American people. The typical African American does not look like the African people from the Congo or from Ethiopia because most African American blood lines at some point were mixed with caucasion or are multiple different African lines mixed. You would not use Will Smith to portray a person from Congo or Ethiopia...

Everyone is free to use whatever face they want, I was just giving my constructive opinion that to me, the Krauser head does not look like what I imagine Snake Eyes to look like.

Last edited:
... and the other half is Blue lasers and red lasers :lol

Bah, everyone's entitled to their opinions, i made it for me, and for no-one else.

I'm the only one required to like it :D

Yeah, unlike nam, who likes to belittle and criticize people for not agreeing with him, I can care less what you do. I was just voicing an opinion. I ain't holding your choice against you have fun with it.
Might have been a fun conversation if I didn't have a monkee on the other end thinking he's smarter than everyone else.

Yeah, unlike nam, who likes to belittle and criticize people for not agreeing with him, I can care less what you do. I was just voicing an opinion. I ain't holding your choice against you have fun with it.
Might have been a fun conversation if I didn't have a monkee on the other end thinking he's smarter than everyone else.

Hey, opinions are like ^^^^^^^s and some stink more than others. In this case, bub, you need a bath. Americans look like anybody and everybody. African, Irish, Russian, Japanese, etc, be it mutt or purebred. To think otherwise is such a narrow-minded perception of what America truly is, that it's absolutely absurd.

Americans look like anybody and everybody. African, Irish, Russian, Japanese, etc, be it mutt or purebred. To think otherwise is such a narrow-minded perception of what America truly is, that it's absolutely absurd.

I can't disagree with that, but I wouldn't make Snake Eyes african descent, Japanese descent or of ethnic Euro descent. He would have what I call the mutt look or a classic rugged look like Eastwood or Dudikoff or even a young Hasselhoff. :lol . And IMO that mutt look is not represented in the Krauser sculpt. Simple as that. I'm cool with people not agreeing with that, but the argument should never have been about "what do Americans look like." You just fabricate arguments to justify your enjoyment for antagonism. :rolleyes:

Back