Sideshow should...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's more to Bombadil than songs and Goldberry :google The ring had no power over him whatsoever, As previously pointed out, it was suggested at the Council of Elrond that the ring should be entrusted to Tom.

Gandalf threw this out, because destruction was the only option, but also because he knew the ring was unimportant to Bombadil. TB would have dropped it, forgotten it and who knows who could have found it!!

It's also worth pointing out that if the hobbits hadn't been so foolhardy, they'd have stayed out of the Old Forest (Tom had to pratically carry them to Bree!!!)

Finally: If you ever wondered how Aragorn "knew" he needed 4 small swords for the hobbits :confused::confused: I suggest you read the relevant chapters.

They'd have been up a creek with no paddle if they hadn't met Tom!!!!!

TC :sick

TolkienCollector said:
Finally: If you ever wondered how Aragorn "knew" he needed 4 small swords for the hobbits :confused::confused: I suggest you read the relevant chapters.

They'd have been up a creek with no paddle if they hadn't met Tom!!!!!

TC :sick

Wait...I thought Aragorn didn't provide the swords in the book. Didn't the hobbits take the swordss from the barrows after being attacked by the whights?

Customikey said:
Wait...I thought Aragorn didn't provide the swords in the book. Didn't the hobbits take the swordss from the barrows after being attacked by the whights?

That is correct

Darth Rage said:
That is correct
Ok so far :D Therefore, who was it that rescued said hobbits from said barrows? And who was it that found them the swords??

And who therefore isn't just some yodelling yokel???

TC :confused:

No one is contesting that Old Tom did indeed do stuff, important stuff, in the books. Nor can one deny his powers must be great. But he's still a little doofus in yellow boots.
His contribution to the story is minimal in the long run. He was excised from the BBC Radio Drama, the cartoon, and the films. He neither drives the narrative of the story, nor contributes in any way towards increasing our knowledge of the plot and it's characters or components.
He's a bit of fantastic whimsy, and an opportunity for Tolkien to display his considerable talents as a poet.
But, for all that- Doofus, yellow boots.

To Tom Bombadil, I say bleh. Bleh, do you hear?!!

Customikey said:
No one is contesting that Old Tom did indeed do stuff, important stuff, in the books. Nor can one deny his powers must be great. But he's still a little doofus in yellow boots.
His contribution to the story is minimal in the long run. He was excised from the BBC Radio Drama, the cartoon, and the films. He neither drives the narrative of the story, nor contributes in any way towards increasing our knowledge of the plot and it's characters or components.
He's a bit of fantastic whimsy, and an opportunity for Tolkien to display his considerable talents as a poet.
But, for all that- Doofus, yellow boots.

To Tom Bombadil, I say bleh. Bleh, do you hear?!!

Each to their own. But I like Tom. Huzzah fer Tom!!!!!

TC :lol

Back