Sideshow should do a predator 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IF it's support for the Provisional Irish Republican Army (so named because, IIRC, the original IRA simply became the Irish Army after independence) then it's rather akin to having a sig saying "Go Al Qa'eda!" - the PIRA waged a bloody campaign which, for example, regarded the families of servicemen as legitimate targets. All of which is quite apart from the more recent activities of splinter groups like the "Real" IRA (RIRA) who disapprove of the peace process in recent years.

Irish republicanism is, of course, also a legitimate political view. The problem is that much of its imagery has become associated with extreme violence and can therefore seem offensive, especially to Brits who have been on the receiving end.

As far as a figure, they may not be able to. My understanding is that Hot Toys has to market their figures as 'model kits' because someone else already holds licensing rights to 1/6 scale figures for Predators.

Besides, I am more than happy with HT's versions. Sure, there's little things that could be done better, but on the whole, I think they're the best Predator "poseable model kits" :naughty we'll have for quite some time.

I think the Predator figures are in the right hands... each release seems to improve upon its predecessor. Even the Cleaner version of the Wolf Preadator had a better designed mesh suit.

I think P1 will be mind-blowing :rock

IF it's support for the Provisional Irish Republican Army (so named because, IIRC, the original IRA simply became the Irish Army after independence) then it's rather akin to having a sig saying "Go Al Qa'eda!" - the PIRA waged a bloody campaign which, for example, regarded the families of servicemen as legitimate targets. All of which is quite apart from the more recent activities of splinter groups like the "Real" IRA (RIRA) who disapprove of the peace process in recent years.

Irish republicanism is, of course, also a legitimate political view. The problem is that much of its imagery has become associated with extreme violence and can therefore seem offensive, especially to Brits who have been on the receiving end.

I dont see the reasons behind being offended. The news stations around the world can say what they want people to believe. And as far as people thinking that the IRA are terrorists, if thats the case, than so was the United States' George Washington and all of his men who fought and won their independence from the British empire. And you cannot forget that these men came from their communities, to attempt to free their lands from an outsiders oppression. and if the phrase Tiocfaidh ar la offends you, maybe i could go with "Beidh ár lá linn". Im sorry to those who may take offense, but i vow to never forget the 10 men who were denied special status in '81 hunger strikes in the H-block cages of long kesh. And the crimes that the RUC committed against Pearce Jordan, and many, many others, or any other conflict that the IRA was involved in. Because when its all said and done, the British empire awoke and provoked these brave men into doing such. well enough said. this is not the time nor place to discuss world politics. Im sorry to those who may take offense to the ways i was rasied. my appologies.

As far as a figure, they may not be able to. My understanding is that Hot Toys has to market their figures as 'model kits' because someone else already holds licensing rights to 1/6 scale figures for Predators.

Besides, I am more than happy with HT's versions. Sure, there's little things that could be done better, but on the whole, I think they're the best Predator "poseable model kits" :naughty we'll have for quite some time.

i think you may be right. but theres always smaller flaws when the production models hit the shelves. but its nothing major. im just gratefull that they are actually producing this line of creature.

SO it was ok for the IRA to kill hundreds of people, the majority of them innocent. WAKE UP. Anyway, I couldnt care less anymore.. same old YAWN material.

Its like me logging on here and calling myself Osam Bin Laden and saying up Al qaeda

Back to the topic :D

Last edited:
ive noticed the hot toys versions of all the poseable models, but i noticed their heads are huge. i think sideshow could do a better job than hot toys. plus it would rock.

definitely, but it shouldn't be the P1 predator again, i guess P2 would be the right one.

Sorry bout all that guys. It would be cool if sideshow did, but it's just too much $ then :lol

the day the IRA bombed Manchester I should of been there with my dad. Luckily I didn't end up going. The blast shut my back door.

Anyway , I wouldn't want sideshow to do 1/6 predators !. Too much cash !!! :lol

Back