Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone that accept these kinds of statues with obvious QC problems are telling SSC that it is OK to continue this practice. It tells them that we'll take $20 gift cards since there is no replacements and display a defective statue or fix it ourselves because we love the character. Personally, I say F that. If it's defective, it's going back and they can keep their gift card. Try telling the many peeps that love Rhino and received a defective piece and returned or destroyed it, that this is a well made piece. I doubt they will agree with you. The QC issues can't be denied on this piece. It will continue to be talked about. This is a shame because it is obviously an AWESOME looking sculpt.

This is the hardest thing. Many collectors collect what they think looks cool, but there are those who collect the characters they love. I've been reading Marvel for most of my life at this point. Batman, X-Men and Spider-Man were my first comics and I still follow those characters.

Not speaking specifically for Rhino, but for any piece, to have the excitement over not just the sculpt, but the love of the character, and to have it come to you with problems the manufacturer won't resolve is a huge letdown.

It's so much easier to return a piece when you thought it was cool but there's no real connection, but having to return or destroy a character you really do enjoy because you weren't delivered what you paid for is disappointing. When this happens, that's Sideshow's biggest failure.

I still have faith. They hit skaar out of the park. Just not sure what it is you've got until its in hand. Customer service is always gracious to take it back at least. (U just cant talk about it. Lol)

Last edited:
can someone summarize what exactly is the real issue with this statue, what defect are owners seeing?

I looked over mine once more and don't see anything wrong, but want to know what to look for

can someone summarize what exactly is the real issue with this statue, what defect are owners seeing?

I looked over mine once more and don't see anything wrong, but want to know what to look for

Its called fear. Some of the loudest critics have never even touched the statue yet claim to be butt hurt. They never even preordered it.

Its called fear. Some of the loudest critics have never even touched the statue yet claim to be butt hurt. They never even preordered it.

Fear? :dunno Well I don't know what that means but I had it and returned it. The regular head magnet was very weak, the head fell of twice. There was a sizable (over 1/8 inch) gap between the head and body. Both heads were a different shade of gray than the body. He had some thick, globby flashing across two fingers that was just painted over. He would not fully seat into the base, just kind of hovered above it. And had all the same crack issues in the same places that others reported.

No fear here, just facts.

Use a hammer

Yeah I just recently had to destroy a Hawkeye head and that was tough to do. Took about 15 smacks to just crack it in half. This head is very solid too so probably take a few swings.

Deep cracks on the back and tons of air bubbles on the arm/ hand area. Also a slash on his arm.

Fear? :dunno Well I don't know what that means but I had it and returned it. The regular head magnet was very weak, the head fell of twice. There was a sizable (over 1/8 inch) gap between the head and body. Both heads were a different shade of gray than the body. He had some thick, globby flashing across two fingers that was just painted over. He would not fully seat into the base, just kind of hovered above it. And had all the same crack issues in the same places that others reported.

No fear here, just facts.

I wasn't targetting you and at least you can bring up a valid concern from first hand experience. There are some legitimate claims but your experience doesn't mean they are all like this. There is always a more vocal minority. Mine has a strong head magnet and barely has a seam.

Ok SS was nice enough to give me a new replacement head for my reg. The magnet is very strong. So I must give SS credit for doing it right. I cant say the rest is perfect. But now I'm happy enough with it. Thanks SS :)

rhino-comiquette-exclusive-2-low.jpg

rhino-comiquette-exclusive-7-low.jpg

rhino-comiquette-exclusive-9-low.jpg

Had some issues with mine but not as many as some people did, still a really impressive statue. I'd just make sure to check for damage or issues if you grab it.

I tossed up a review and video over here :

https://www.whatsyourobsession.com/sideshow-collectibles-rhino-comiquette-exclusive-statue-review/

Back