Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl Mad me? it takes more than some internet antagonist to get me mad. Just telling it like it is....the truth hurts. Keep padding that post count...that speaks volumes about who you are! LOL

Last edited:
Well, one thing Bodie is right is that solid quality pieces are long gone. And this one, in spite of being awesome-looking, further proves it. Good luck with your eggshell sculpts lasting more than...5 years

Nor does he have OCD like most of the guys who complain about weight....that don't own the statue...but come here to post anyhow. ^^^^^ :cuckoo:

How do I know you guys have OCD?....you repeat the same thing over...and over...and over

Really? I put the pokey stick and the wink in at the end of the sentence. I thought that made it clear that I was just kidding.

On a serious note, what difference does it make to you what anybody says about the Rhino Com? If you enjoy it, if you like it, if you bought it....you should care less about what people say about it. I own the original green Hulk Com. That piece was ripped to shreds on this and other forums. I could care less. My skin is thick enough to buy what I like and not let other peeps opinions (good or bad) sway me.

Whether you like it or not, the weight issue won't go away. It's been brought up here and in the Galactus and Hulk maquette threads. It's a serious issue for some of us who collect. Just because it is not a serious issue for you doesn't mean we can't discuss it.There is an ignore feature on this forum. Feel free to use it on any member you like. I think that is far more fair than you deciding what topics are worth discussing and what topics are not.

Well, one thing Bodie is right is that solid quality pieces are long gone. And this one, in spite of being awesome-looking, further proves it. Good luck with your eggshell sculpts lasting more than...5 years

It will last more than 5 without a sweat. I have vinyl models of Marvel characters that were assembled and painted over 20 years ago and they are much much thinner. They are still intact.

Some people love spreading misinformation.

Really? I put the pokey stick and the wink in at the end of the sentence. I thought that made it clear that I was just kidding.

On a serious note, what difference does it make to you what anybody says about the Rhino Com? If you enjoy it, if you like it, if you bought it....you should care less about what people say about it. I own the original green Hulk Com. That piece was ripped to shreds on this and other forums. I could care less. My skin is thick enough to buy what I like and not let other peeps opinions (good or bad) sway me.

Whether you like it or not, the weight issue won't go away. It's been brought up here and in the Galactus and Hulk maquette threads. It's a serious issue for some of us who collect. Just because it is not a serious issue for you doesn't mean we can't discuss it.There is an ignore feature on this forum. Feel free to use it on any member you like. I think that is far more fair than you deciding what topics are worth discussing and what topics are not.

You have a real loose definition of the word discussion. If it means the same suspects coming in here and other threads to repeat themselves numerous times or spread misinformation every time someone is excited their waitlist comes through or are glad they have it. Is that really a discussion?
Listen, we all know what Bod-CD's intents are...he gets posts deleted all the time, and we know why. Then complains about it. People with the same mentality are on most online posting boards. And we know what it is, as well as the reasoning behind it. And we know what they are.
I don't feel the need to put anyone on ignore. I said my peace about this and if some want to take it as me getting angry...so be it. :dunno

Last edited:
You have a real loose definition of the word discussion. If it means the same suspects coming in here and other threads to repeat themselves numerous times or spread misinformation every time someone is excited their waitlist comes through or are glad they have it. Is that really a discussion?
Listen, we all know what Bod-CD's intents are...he gets posts deleted all the time, and we know why. Then complains about it. People with the same mentality are on most online posting boards. And we know what it is, as well as the reasoning behind it. And we know what they are.
I don't feel the need to put anyone on ignore. I said my peace about this and if some want to take it as me getting angry...so be it. :dunno

I never said you were angry bro. I just think having a thicker skin would serve you well in life and around here. No matter what peeps discuss in this or other threads, they will speak their minds. We will not always agree. None of that should matter. The one thing we ALL agree on is how bad @ss this sculpt looks. The thing we disagree on is how well made it is. Regardless, you have it in your collection. The peeps that passed on it because of quality don't. They will never own a 1/4 SSC Rhino statue because of this. That frustration is very real. You will never be able to covince any of the Vets that own old school SSC merch that eggshell statues are quality made pieces. So what? Keep adding the ones you like to your collection and let them keep passing on them and complaining. No harm done to you so long as you are happy with them and they obviously hold up over time.

For the record, since you quoted me, I thought your post was directed at me. That is why I said what I said. I do not like statues that are completely hollow. I understand that larger characters will be made hollow. I just wish they would be solid in some way. Again, I use the Hulk Com and Skaar as examples. The reason I do is because niether of those pieces had ANY of the issues that Rhino has and they were not solid pieces.

Anyone that accept these kinds of statues with obvious QC problems are telling SSC that it is OK to continue this practice. It tells them that we'll take $20 gift cards since there is no replacements and display a defective statue or fix it ourselves because we love the character. Personally, I say F that. If it's defective, it's going back and they can keep their gift card. Try telling the many peeps that love Rhino and received a defective piece and returned or destroyed it, that this is a well made piece. I doubt they will agree with you. The QC issues can't be denied on this piece. It will continue to be talked about. This is a shame because it is obviously an AWESOME looking sculpt.

As far as Bodie is concerned, it really doesn't have anything to do with me. While his posts may be too colorful for some peeps tastes, I find them very entertaining. Peeps like Ski, Shai, and Bodie take some getting used to. I may not always agree with them, but for me, it's a blast having them around here. This place just wouldn't be as much fun without them.

All right brother, hopefully this ends on a positive note for the 2 of us. I really do respect you and your point of view. These posts and comments are getting too long for my tastes. :lol I really hope that when we visit other threads of characters we like we can all get back to talking about how awesome or not that statue looks. I always enjoy that far more than talking about QC issues.

I never said you were angry bro. I just think having a thicker skin would serve you well in life and around here. No matter what peeps discuss in this or other threads, they will speak their minds. We will not always agree. None of that should matter. The one thing we ALL agree on is how bad @ss this sculpt looks. The thing we disagree on is how well made it is. Regardless, you have it in your collection. The peeps that passed on it because of quality don't. They will never own a 1/4 SSC Rhino statue because of this. That frustration is very real. You will never be able to covince any of the Vets that own old school SSC merch that eggshell statues are quality made pieces. So what? Keep adding the ones you like to your collection and let them keep passing on them and complaining. No harm done to you so long as you are happy with them and they obviously hold up over time.

For the record, since you quoted me, I thought your post was directed at me. That is why I said what I said. I do not like statues that are completely hollow. I understand that larger characters will be made hollow. I just wish they would be solid in some way. Again, I use the Hulk Com and Skaar as examples. The reason I do is because niether of those pieces had ANY of the issues that Rhino has and they were not solid pieces.

Anyone that accept these kinds of statues with obvious QC problems are telling SSC that it is OK to continue this practice. It tells them that we'll take $20 gift cards since there is no replacements and display a defective statue or fix it ourselves because we love the character. Personally, I say F that. If it's defective, it's going back and they can keep their gift card. Try telling the many peeps that love Rhino and received a defective piece and returned or destroyed it, that this is a well made piece. I doubt they will agree with you. The QC issues can't be denied on this piece. It will continue to be talked about. This is a shame because it is obviously an AWESOME looking sculpt.

As far as Bodie is concerned, it really doesn't have anything to do with me. While his posts may be too colorful for some peeps tastes, I find them very entertaining. Peeps like Ski, Shai, and Bodie take some getting used to. I may not always agree with them, but for me, it's a blast having them around here. This place just wouldn't be as much fun without them.

All right brother, hopefully this ends on a positive note for the 2 of us. I really do respect you and your point of view. These posts and comments are getting too long for my tastes. :lol I really hope that when we visit other threads of characters we like we can all get back to talking about how awesome or not that statue looks. I always enjoy that far more than talking about QC issues.

I agree with everything you said except for 2 things. I would never put Shai or Ski in the same classification as Bod-CD. Do they try and get a rise? Of course they do! But they generally say something then shut it down. And you are right, he has nothing to do with you and I apologize for that. So a positive note it is!

The other being, I think it's a well made piece and have given my reason as to why I think so. My statue came with only 3 hairline cracks in the back and it took 5 minutes and less than $10 to correct.....so I kept it.

Last edited:
Back