Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20130320_182520.jpg

20130320_182449.jpg

Light as a feather!
So what, can we move forward
It's nice to know I can put Rhino on top shelf and not worry about killing my back doing so

It's sold out so it's true. Better move fast if you want a replacement.

:panic: crap!

Yep....weighs 18 lbs.

Wow! Is this the new norm for SS statues now? Galactus next?? Wow.... The massive hulk is the same........

Light as a feather!
So what, can we move forward
It's nice to know I can put Rhino on top shelf and not worry about killing my back doing so

Ok this I admit is a good thing on a positive note that I can put him on a shelf, which he is on now :) im just now wondering, I mean is this the right way to make statues without future issues with the lesser materials used by SS? I mean if I don't get issues from the way these new cheaper materials are used then it might be ok. The price still sucks since we are still charge a premium for the highest quality product. But as long as QC in the future is good with this technique then I can live with it. :/

:panic: crap!

Wow! Is this the new norm for SS statues now? Galactus next?? Wow.... The massive hulk is the same........

Ok this I admit is a good thing on a positive note that I can put him on a shelf, which he is on now :) im just now wondering, I mean is this the right way to make statues without future issues with the lesser materials used by SS? I mean if I don't get issues from the way these new cheaper materials are used then it might be ok. The price still sucks since we are still charge a premium for the highest quality product. But as long as QC in the future is good with this technique then I can live with it. :/

Maybe the hollow casts are only for the statues with no ES. I bought a LOTR Snow Troll from SS very recently and he is very solid, very heavy.

Maybe the hollow casts are only for the statues with no ES. I bought a LOTR Snow Troll from SS very recently and he is very solid, very heavy.

But rhino had an ES? It's all saving that's what the bottom line is. I guess as long as I don't get issues from this material used I will be ok. Otherwise it's unfair to make us pay premium and have cracking layer on months or years down the road with no recourse. If this was the case I will quit collecting. Not worth the risk of the new way they make these suppose high end things. Once if I find out things start to secretly appear on rhinos, hulks or newer hollow statues. It's time for me to move on. I love statues and hope I don't have to do it. All depends on QC years from now. If I must I can live with hollow, now QC issues down the road from this material I could not.

But rhino had an ES? It's all saving that's what the bottom line is. I guess as long as I don't get issues from this material used I will be ok. Otherwise it's unfair to make us pay premium and have cracking layer on months or years down the road with no recourse. If this was the case I will quit collecting. Not worth the risk of the new way they make these suppose high end things. Once if I find out things start to secretly appear on rhinos, hulks or newer hollow statues. It's time for me to move on. I love statues and hope I don't have to do it. All depends on QC years from now. If I must I can live with hollow, now QC issues down the road from this material I could not.

:slap You're right CBG. Rhino is not an open ES...so this might be the new status quo for SS. My point was that if hollow casts are the new norm, it is a very recent change. So much so that it seems SS initially intended the Hulk Maquette to be solid, and for some reason changed the production piece to be hollow cast during production. (By some reason I mean...they decided to skimp and save $)

So do you think a set lower edition size might mean better quality with fewer qc problems?

Again, I was wrong in my statement about No ES=Hollow statue. But...as far as paint apps go, I don't think ES matters. These are all being painted in the same factories in China. I doubt the factory workers are being told the ES and at what degree of detail to paint.

Back