Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say yes it is. Don't risk it. Check again and ask for a replacement.

Its not mine just a picture that was posted...I wasn't sure if it was overlooked by the owner or if its how is supposed to be. Im just looking through the thread:wave

I don't think the cracks should be there. I didn't see any on mine yet. I will check again later. Btw my reg heads magnet does not stay on at all. I tap close to the statue or on it the head falls off. Anyone have this issue? The ex head stays on fine but not the reg head. :(

I have the same problem with the ex head.. it's to weak. I move Rhino around and his head falls off.
I bought some small magnets two days ago, they arrived today. very strong little magnets ;) they are called neodym in germany, really thin 0,04 inches and smaller than a penny. I used two of them (the problem with my ex head is, that the connection between head and body is too small) and everything is fine now.

i have Ex on order n final payment yet to charge i m thinking abt this one should i cancel or keep my order if this kind of issue comes it will be headache for me coz i have to pay 30% customs here on over all price means 400$+110$ shipping so 30% of 510$ .......:gah:

I hate to say this DHAVAL but it's just the luck of the draw. There is obviously some issues with cracking on this piece. Only you can decide if it's worth the risk. My only point is that you shouldn't be put in this position. It sucks because this is a really good looking statue that you are paying a lot of money for. I have to believe that you and the other collectors who ordered this wouldn't have any problems if SSC hadn't decided to make this an eggshell statue. Skimping on materials to save cost has really hurt this piece overall it seems. The QC issues probably could have been avoided if this just weighed a little more. It didn't have to be solid and clock in at 60 lbs but if he at least weighed about 40 lbs (like Skaar) I would have to believe that could have eliminated the cracking issue. The Hulk Com is another statue that isn't solid but when you handle him he has very nice weight to him and a solid feel to it. He also weighs more than 30 lbs so the hollow parts of it are not as thin as Rhino.

The bottom line is that I'm not surprised to see some of these having cracking issues. A statue as massive as Rhino clocking in at less than 20 lbs just seem all kinds of wrong to me. Hell, I have 1/7 scale Bowen statues that are heavier than that. I can't lie, Rhino being less than 20 lbs would really bother me if I had ordered the piece.

What an amazing piece guys but he does have some issues!

[ame]https://youtu.be/K9ca0sw2tWU[/ame]

I have the same problem with the ex head.. it's to weak. I move Rhino around and his head falls off.
I bought some small magnets two days ago, they arrived today. very strong little magnets ;) they are called neodym in germany, really thin 0,04 inches and smaller than a penny. I used two of them (the problem with my ex head is, that the connection between head and body is too small) and everything is fine now.

Great idea! I will see what SS says first. Then I might do this is they are no help. The head is so lose it's not even on the magnets. Well barely that it holds. Only my reg head. Ex head is strong.

Excellent video Vectorsigma. He looks nasty good. Sorry to hear about the cracks. I hope that more don't pop up in the future since you are not going to ask for a replacement.

Really sucks for all those with QC issues for such a great piece. Thankfully mine had none. Curious to see how sideshow deals with this as both the reg and ex are now sold out. On the upside, Rhinos overall appearance is pretty simple, so anyone with some modelling and/or painting ability should be able to fix it. But paying 400 bucks to have to fix anything sucks...

ugh im home all day, go to pick up my girl from work for a measly 30 minutes and come home to a UPS sticker on the door. KAHNNNNNN!!!!

How long does it usually take them to reply back to you about replacements? It has been 3 days since I e-mailed them.

Excellent video Vectorsigma. He looks nasty good. Sorry to hear about the cracks. I hope that more don't pop up in the future since you are not going to ask for a replacement.

Hey thanks filip! I'll deff be asking for a replacement...just hope sideshow can deliver! Lets see how they respond.

Hey thanks filip! I'll deff be asking for a replacement...just hope sideshow can deliver! Lets see how they respond.

Cool. I thought you were going to keep it and ask for a discount. I would've definitely returned it if that happened to me. No way I try to fix something I paid over $400 for. Good luck with your replacement. I hope you get a minty fresh one.

#371 of 500.

Gotta say Hulk is the better statue. Better painted, more detailed and not as hollow.

20130320_182713.jpg

20130320_182901.jpg

20130320_182755.jpg

20130320_182741.jpg

Back