Sideshow please get the licence back for Freddy Krueger!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would not be a bad choice. First of all, Freddy is one of the highest selling modern horror icons. That is why the licence is so valuable. Second, they made a lot of Jason Voorhees sideshows which all sell for a great price on eBay, and the Freddy Krueger ones sell at a high prices as well, especially the normal burnt ones like the Classic Freddy and the Dream Warriors Freddy. If people bought all these Different versions of Jason, why wouldn't the Freddys sell as well. I could understand you saying that there is little difference between most of Freddy attire in the films, which is true. Sideshow does a great job of capturing the difference between the makeup looks of Freddy (good example, the classic Freddy and The Dream Warriors Freddy)

It would be a poor business choice. The ones Sideshow has made pretty much cover the significant changes to the character over the course of the movies. It was stated in chat that to turn a profit on Gandalf they had to sell 3000 pieces. I'm not sure if that applies to Freddy as well, but I just can't see them selling that many of each Freddy, especially at the price they'd need to charge to break even let alone turn a profit. As cool as Jason was, and as different, there were versions of him that actually sat on their website for quite a while and really only sold out as the average price for other figures increased to about $75 making the $49 ones more appealing.

Now that said, I'd love to see what they could do with the license now, given that the figures they're making are simply awesome.

Yeah, I'd really like to see a Haley Freddy done properly in 1:6 scale. I doubt HT would ever tackle modern horror stuff, so that really just leaves Sideshow. They've got the newline license for those dios. Hopefully those do well enough they consider picking up the license for 1:6 again and gives us a remake Freddy and Jason to go with the remake Leatherface they already made. And then go back and at least finish up the last 2 or 3 Jasons and throw in a couple of Englund Freddys for good measure. They could get away with at least one classic Freddy before needing to resort to tux or surgeon Freddies.

I can't imagine how sick these figures would look with Sideshow's current level of detail. Especially if they put as much effort into these as they do the G.I. Joes.

:lecture:lecture:1-1:

Yeah, I'd really like to see a Haley Freddy done properly in 1:6 scale. I doubt HT would ever tackle modern horror stuff, so that really just leaves Sideshow. They've got the newline license for those dios. Hopefully those do well enough they consider picking up the license for 1:6 again and gives us a remake Freddy and Jason to go with the remake Leatherface they already made. And then go back and at least finish up the last 2 or 3 Jasons and throw in a couple of Englund Freddys for good measure. They could get away with at least one classic Freddy before needing to resort to tux or surgeon Freddies.

:lecture:lecture::1-1:

It'd certainly give them a chance to dust off the Hobbit body again. :p

Sideshow should really consider the options ............... but i'm sure they won't. I too would love to see what they could produce with their newer bodies and what not.

Hot Toys would blow them all outta the park. Can you imagine what a Jason 3, ANOES Freddy and 78' Myers would look like if produced by HT's? :thud:

PICT1079-1.jpg

Yea from One, its actually pretty darn accurate, check out 1:30 for a few referance pics.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0OvMkRTAtsw&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0OvMkRTAtsw&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nothing around yet aside from NEca's figure to really show off his make up well.

That went for a ton on ebay. The bust version they made. Make-up looks accurate, but I think it looks kinda goofy, the expression, and would have waited to spend that much on something that big until someone a little more refined like Howard S. tackles it.

Yea definatley, I was just pointing out that someone payed like well over $500 for the bust/display version on ebay last week, and they have them on that site for $300.

Ah. I personally wouldnt buy it. My opinion on the movie aside, I dont think the bust entirly reflects the look of the film.

Sideshow should really consider the options ............... but i'm sure they won't. I too would love to see what they could produce with their newer bodies and what not.

Hot Toys would blow them all outta the park. Can you imagine what a Jason 3, ANOES Freddy and 78' Myers would look like if produced by HT's? :thud:

I think this would be so awesome. I can imagine Hot Toys doing a wicked job with those. Imagine a Leatherface too. I know i'd definitely pick up each. They could just make the iconic look for each. Like u said, Jason 3, original Myers and original Freddy, and in my opinion the original Leatherface too.

Back