Sideshow Packaging

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alienhelm

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the polystyrene in sideshow packaging feels a lot more fragile, in other words ... cheap?

I got the Jason Part III PF and the polystyrene basically crumbles in my hand. I have a few other PF and the polystyrene in those are that dark dirty grey polystyrene but its very very strong.

Is sideshow going for the more cheaper polystyrene too cut costs? I just find it disappointing that we are given high priced collectibles with cheap fragile polystyrene to protect them. :'(

Has anyone noticed that the polystyrene in sideshow packaging feels a lot more fragile, in other words ... cheap?

I got the Jason Part III PF and the polystyrene basically crumbles in my hand. I have a few other PF and the polystyrene in those are that dark dirty grey polystyrene but its very very strong.

Is sideshow going for the more cheaper polystyrene too cut costs? I just find it disappointing that we are given high priced collectibles with cheap fragile polystyrene to protect them. :'(

Might be an issue of give and take. Sometimes the packing can be so sturdy that there's no give if the pieces should move during shipping, so they break. I'd rather have cheaper styrofoam than a busted statue.

I had great packaging for ToD Indy, Jack Sparrow, but lousy for The Rocketeer.

while we're on the topic of sideshow packaging, anyone know how much the brown shipper boxes are worth? I know not as much as HT ones, but IT's got to be close, right?

Does the styrofoam packaging come from overseas? If so then I'd question the quality of the styrofoam packaging it's shipped in.

Everything is packaged from the factory, which is in China. The packing material they use is based on the cost that Sideshow or any other company tells them. Now some factories are better and some are worse. It depend on both company and factory on how the packages are packed.

Sideshow used to have superior product and packing. They have both suffered in quality while the price rises.

They did ... i just find that ye there prices on there figures go up but the packaging "protection" gets less. The only thing that hasn't fallen in quality is the act box and printing quality. Quality over money ...

Everything is packaged from the factory, which is in China. The packing material they use is based on the cost that Sideshow or any other company tells them. Now some factories are better and some are worse. It depend on both company and factory on how the packages are packed.

So does sideshow use a few factors to manufacturer the figures and the packaging?

Sideshow also has to give specs on how well the packaging must perform... this is a problem at the factory as well as SS

Back