Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really need to start puttin' these explanations of what the design is and how it works as official previews and as manuals in the box.

True. Especially after all the criticism of the so called batarangs you'd think they would've mentioned or displayed the diagram. Common sense, not so common. I believe Sideshow is above explaining anything much less themselves.

For me it's not a case of it not looking good, it looks fine. It's just I want a Batman I recognise from the comics, animated world or movies and not someone's twist on that. There are dozens of possible versions they could have done but they obviously think their own vision is better than all the great artists that have drawn Batman since 1940.

Makes a lot more sense... Now.

That diagram is cool, but this isn't a video game and/or film, it's a statue. You'll never see these all-in-one bat-devices in action. They'd be much more appreciated if we had some history behind them.

Anyone looking at this piece will just see giant hand blades, and that's still an odd look for Batman... IMHO.

For me it's not a case of it not looking good, it looks fine. It's just I want a Batman I recognise from the comics, animated world or movies and not someone's twist on that. There are dozens of possible versions they could have done but they obviously think their own vision is better than all the great artists that have drawn Batman since 1940.

Comic accuracy isn't something sideshow is concerned with nowadays. They are in full fashion design mode and insist on using made up never seen before costumes on most of their releases lately. There's really almost no company that is committed to comic accurate statues. Tweeterhead's Superpowers line is the only one I can think of that remains true to classic comic costumes. However, their statues are in 1/6 scale so that won't help any collector complete their 1/4 collection. Hopefully some company makes a 1/4 Bats to your liking because Batman is an essential character in any DC line.

Comic accuracy isn't something sideshow is concerned with nowadays. They are in full fashion design mode and insist on using made up never seen before costumes on most of their releases lately. There's really almost no company that is committed to comic accurate statues. Tweeterhead's Superpowers line is the only one I can think of that remains true to classic comic costumes. However, their statues are in 1/6 scale so that won't help any collector complete their 1/4 collection. Hopefully some company makes a 1/4 Bats to your liking because Batman is an essential character in any DC line.

Good post!

It is what it is. Like you said Sideshow do their own designs now on quite a lot of their new pieces including DD Thanos on Throne Captain America and this New Batman. You either like it or hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, it's a real shame for those wanting to collect almost exclusively in 1/4 scale.

Prime 1 are pretty good at sticking to the source material though? I know they are mostly 1/3 scale.

I agree, it's a real shame for those wanting to collect almost exclusively in 1/4 scale.

Prime 1 are pretty good at sticking to the source material though? I know they are mostly 1/3 scale.

Prime 1 has a 1/4 Batman directly from the source material.

Too bad it’s the wrong source material :lol

Haha my thoughts exactly. Hopefully Prime 1 do more DC stuff in this scale from now on.

It is a great looking statue but I just have little love for anything New 52. At these prices it has to be something I love. Miller, Adams or Finch Batman ideally.

Haha my thoughts exactly. Hopefully Prime 1 do more DC stuff in this scale from now on.

It is a great looking statue but I just have little love for anything New 52. At these prices it has to be something I love. Miller, Adams or Finch Batman ideally.

I think P1 is doing a Finch Batman

Miller Batman will happen when 1/4's SRP is $100 less than what the 1/3 scale version's cost. And I might be being very conservative :lol

Back