1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said. I agree entirely on what your saying on attachments. Ultimately, the prequels served to show that the Jedi were flawed, and their strict devotion to transcending what it means to be human led to their downfall.

I also completely agree on what you're saying about the Jedi tunics, I've been making that same argument for years now. I mean, the Jedi are basically based on monks. If you look at it historically, monks dressed the way they did because they wanted to rise above materialism, and so they dressed in rags.

In the same way, what Jedi wear can be seen as the rags of the Star Wars universe. I mean, look at A New Hope... that movie showcased one of the poorest parts of the Star Wars universe, and if you noticed, almost all the less fortunate souls of Tatooine dressed the same way Obi-Wan did.

Exactly! You get it!

Well, despite him dying and turning ghost rather quickly, he does have the OT to look forward to.:dunno:lol

But not Johnson's ST. Unless Abrams decides that Luke's ghost needs ghost training on ghost etiquette/behavior/abilities...

In a deleted TLJ scene Obi's ghost tried to offer his services to train Rey, but she immediately rejected him saying no training was necessary as she clearly needed no assistance figuring out the force on her own:monkey3

But not Johnson's ST. Unless Abrams decides that Luke's ghost needs ghost training on ghost etiquette/behavior/abilities...

In a deleted TLJ scene Obi's ghost tried to offer his services to train Rey, but she immediately rejected him saying no training was necessary as she clearly needed no assistance figuring out the force on her own:monkey3

I've come to expect seeing you complain about the ST/Rian/Rey/KK/etc nonstop in sequel threads, but this is impressive. You found a way to post about it in a completely unrelated figure thread, while no one was even talking about the ST. :rotfl

Back on topic of Obi-Wan, I think they made the decision about what Jedi wear in ROTJ with the ghosts at the end. It's inconsistent to me since Lars, etc are all wearing similar stuff - so in ANH I basically assumed they were all just wearing desert gear. It made less sense to me later in retrospect when Obi-Wan was trying to hide that he was a Jedi lol. But whatever, I guess it can be chalked up that people outside of the Jedi order wore similar clothing...somewhere.

I've come to expect seeing you complain about the ST/Rian/Rey/KK/etc nonstop in sequel threads, but this is impressive.

a3a8ce6f9ca0d1b07e0a3c0b3fd99ef1.gif

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Back on topic of Obi-Wan, I think they made the decision about what Jedi wear in ROTJ with the ghosts at the end. It's inconsistent to me since Lars, etc are all wearing similar stuff - so in ANH I basically assumed they were all just wearing desert gear. It made less sense to me later in retrospect when Obi-Wan was trying to hide that he was a Jedi lol. But whatever, I guess it can be chalked up that people outside of the Jedi order wore similar clothing...somewhere.

"To Tatooine you must take him, blend in with the cosplayers you will."

I'm sure this has been brought up in the past, but why would he be carrying around that armor? Nostalgia? Doesn't seem like and aging Obi Wan needs it while hermiting out on Tattooine. Maybe he suits up for the occasional Tusken Raider hunt?

It does look cool so that is reason enough I suppose.

Technically it's him just "moving" so he was still young if you go by the story that came with the statue. I posted the story in post #113 if anyone wants to read it.

Just cancelled this figure.

I learned my lesson. NEVER pre-order a Sideshow produced figure until the production photos are posted.

I've been waiting a long time for this figure and got it in hand yesterday and I'm absolutely loving it. Well worth the $$ and the wait. For anyone thinking about canceling their PO just give it a chance, perhaps the pics aren't doing it justice (sorry to those that have posted pics already). It's really cool.

I can't say enough how satisfied I am with the overall figure. The presentation is gritty and this figure is downright made to look dirty. The paint job is stellar; his fingernails all look like hes had his hands in sand for a while. Also, that headsculpt, man is it beautiful. Really looks like a young Guiness to me.

I've been waiting a long time for this figure and got it in hand yesterday and I'm absolutely loving it. Well worth the $$ and the wait. For anyone thinking about canceling their PO just give it a chance, perhaps the pics aren't doing it justice (sorry to those that have posted pics already). It's really cool.

I can't say enough how satisfied I am with the overall figure. The presentation is gritty and this figure is downright made to look dirty. The paint job is stellar; his fingernails all look like hes had his hands in sand for a while. Also, that headsculpt, man is it beautiful. Really looks like a young Guiness to me.

And this is all that matters. You are happy with it, and think it's worth what you paid. Good on you my friend. I too have mine and absolutely love him, worth every penny.

Sideshow better be paying you guys, because you're doing a heck of a lot better job advertising than they are. I'm almost convinced that I should buy it...

I'll get some pics up for ya in the next few days, but I assure you he looks WAAAAY better in person. Pictures are not doing him justice at all. There are so many small details and things that all came together perfectly enough for me to never want to sell this guy ever.

I've come to expect seeing you complain about the ST/Rian/Rey/KK/etc nonstop in sequel threads, but this is impressive. You found a way to post about it in a completely unrelated figure thread, while no one was even talking about the ST. :rotfl

I always took it as the Jedi simply wore rugged, all environmental clothing that would be practical and relatively comfortable in various environments they found themselves in. They just wore it in a more formalized and recognizable way in order for it to become a uniform.

The same way that most modern military members wear some variation of cargo pants, work boots, and a tactical jacket. Not too different from what is worn by a lot of civillians that do manual labor jobs.

I'll get some pics up for ya in the next few days, but I assure you he looks WAAAAY better in person. Pictures are not doing him justice at all. There are so many small details and things that all came together perfectly enough for me to never want to sell this guy ever.

I mean, to be fair, pictures might do a bit more justice by the people getting him if they bothered to futz him... like at all. lol So far all the pics his robes look like crap because no one even bothers to straighten them out or actually pose the figure. =P

Great figure. Probably my favorite in my collection.

CAE7D417-FFE1-4B98-A5CA-D85C0F12BE5D.jpg

6F72FABF-F756-4B5D-BB6D-5EFD5EA3240B.jpg

Attachments

• 61313E9A-1373-4BA3-BE1D-2506990CEE37.jpg
    61313E9A-1373-4BA3-BE1D-2506990CEE37.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 141
Back