1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see a sixth-scale eopie!

b9QJu-1483728396-1319-blog-andy_opie_color_1200.png

Mythos Obi on Rey's speeder :lol

:rotfl

There goes the mythos.:dunno:lol

Though I’m sure it would look awesome, there’s a lifetime and a big chunk of space between Mythos Obi And Rey’s speeder.

He could have borrowed it from Rey's Mom and Dad on a trek to Jakku.:dunno

08f0a320950779.5a0db59412e71.jpg

So true... sorry, didn’t think about that. Obvious!

I take it you guys are all Americans. Aren't you? And I also take it you guys have all some degree of higher education. Haven't you?
I say this because I always thought Americans with higher education would be more open-minded than us Europeans. The lightning-fast, happy-trigger negativity to unconventional thinking that I am meeting on these forums is really astounding! Now it is just this, but before, it has been my complaining about figures which most people were OK with.

Granted, I don't give a damn about the sequels (even if some designs like Rey's speeder were instant hits with me), and I care even less about any EU stuff related to them, explaining aaaaaaaaaall the details about Rey's speeder and its provenance. Hence, I fell freer to play with any elements available in a way that might be unacceptable to sequel scholars (any of them in this room?). So, combining Obi Mythos with Rey's speeder takes me next to no (creative) effort to justify. In fact, it is very obvious to explain, so that coherence is kept, and hence, a good part of the beauty of this game.

I'll give it to you as simple as possible: Rey's speeder looked, and was, old. ****ing old. And a extremely cheap, basic and common 1-seater for that matter, manufactured on Corellia by the zillions, with slight yearly mods and improvements, and distributed to as many other planets as possible to maximize sales. Not to Jakku nor Tatooine, granted, but ****hole-planets like those would certainly be a common end-of-life destination to this kind of vehicules. Being cheap and old would be the sole reasons why Rey, poor among the poorest, could afford one. And since it is so old, why wouldn't there be some units on Tatooine, "a lifetime before", by the time Obi was there in hiding. Heck, you even have Luke's speeder, which looks so similar to Rey's (at least the front, albeit placed vertically... check it for yourselves!) that I'd almost dare to say the latter was designed intentionally so by the ILM's guys, implying that they were from the same manufacturer. Then, if Luke's unit got to Tatooine, why not Rey's?

Now, do you really need more information to even begin to consider the possibility that Obi Mythos+Rey's speeder is a plausible concept, before deriding the idea on the spot, right away?? Where is your creativity guys??
On top of that, just as slikkerias says, IT WOULD LOOK ****ING AWESOME!!!!!

He has an Eopie named Rooh in the Kenobi book.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to see a sixth-scale eopie!

I got this one. It is 1/6, and does not look bad at all (to be Hasbro). It is perfect for customizing something great out of it:

https://www.rebelscum.com/potj12kaadu.asp

RfC
m.

I take it you guys are all Americans. Aren't you? And I also take it you guys have all some degree of higher education. Haven't you?
I say this because I always thought Americans with higher education would be more open-minded than us Europeans. The lightning-fast, happy-trigger negativity to unconventional thinking that I am meeting on these forums is really astounding! Now it is just this, but before, it has been my complaining about figures which most people were OK with.

Granted, I don't give a damn about the sequels (even if some designs like Rey's speeder were instant hits with me), and I care even less about any EU stuff related to them, explaining aaaaaaaaaall the details about Rey's speeder and its provenance. Hence, I fell freer to play with any elements available in a way that might be unacceptable to sequel scholars (any of them in this room?). So, combining Obi Mythos with Rey's speeder takes me next to no (creative) effort to justify. In fact, it is very obvious to explain, so that coherence is kept, and hence, a good part of the beauty of this game.

I'll give it to you as simple as possible: Rey's speeder looked, and was, old. ****ing old. And a extremely cheap, basic and common 1-seater for that matter, manufactured on Corellia by the zillions, with slight yearly mods and improvements, and distributed to as many other planets as possible to maximize sales. Not to Jakku nor Tatooine, granted, but ****hole-planets like those would certainly be a common end-of-life destination to this kind of vehicules. Being cheap and old would be the sole reasons why Rey, poor among the poorest, could afford one. And since it is so old, why wouldn't there be some units on Tatooine, "a lifetime before", by the time Obi was there in hiding. Heck, you even have Luke's speeder, which looks so similar to Rey's (at least the front, albeit placed vertically... check it for yourselves!) that I'd almost dare to say the latter was designed intentionally so by ILM's guys, implying that they were from the same manufacturer. Then, if Luke's unit got to Tatooine, why not Rey's?

Now, do you really need more information to even begin to consider the possibility that Obi Mythos+Rey's speeder is a plausible concept, before deriding the idea on the spot, right away?? Where is your creativity guys??

I got this one. It is 1/6, and does not look bad at all (to be Hasbro). It is perfect for customizing something great out of it:

RfC
m.

I'm pretty sure that regardless of region or education, most of us are just *******s. :lecture

As far as Rey's speeder goes, it would look sick with a number of figures. I would buy it in a heartbeat to go with my Jakku Rey.

...I’m not American. But I’m extremely well educated ;-)
...I’d probably buy that speeder too and you can have anyone you like riding it. Don’t take it so serious.

Mythos Obi on Rey's speeder :lol

:rotfl

There goes the mythos.:dunno:lol

Though I’m sure it would look awesome, there’s a lifetime and a big chunk of space between Mythos Obi And Rey’s speeder.

He has an Eopie named Rooh in the Kenobi book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true... sorry, didn’t think about that. Obvious!

He could have borrowed it from Rey's Mom and Dad on a trek to Jakku.:dunno

08f0a320950779.5a0db59412e71.jpg

...I’m not American. But I’m extremely well educated ;-)
...I’d probably buy that speeder too and you can have anyone you like riding it. Don’t take it so serious.

This is not about silly Star Wars, but about ever recurring narrow-mindedness. It IS serious. It hurts MY enjoyment of forum life.

I like Rey's speeder because it has a tiny windshield that has absolutely no use and makes it look like a fisher-price toy

Yeah I thought the same at the beginning. Windshield looks tiny, but at huge speeds, its deflection power might be huge(?). As long as the driver ducks deep enough, they might not even notice the wind(?).
Might this be another example? Look at the tiny individual windshields:

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/mercedes/2009-mercedes-mclaren-slr-stirling-moss-ar68380.html

RfC
m.

Okay gents...let's dial it back to just enjoying the figure please...thanks!

Preparing for a night ride....

MYTHOS KENOBI-017.jpg

MYTHOS KENOBI-018.jpg

Last edited:
Someday I'll get out in the desert with those two!

In the meantime, I finally got him gear'd up...

MYTHOS KENOBI-019.jpg

....and when all is said and done, one of the best thing about this figure is how much FUN it is!

With how cool this one has turned out, I’m really looking forward to Mythos Fett.

I sorta am too. I definitely feel like Old Ben is the character best suited for a mythos figure and Fett is probably runner up. Not sure what character would be next in line? Curious what others here think? Unlikely but maybe turn to characters outside the films like Thrawn, Ahsoka, Revan?

I'll give it to you as simple as possible: Rey's speeder looked, and was, old. ****ing old. And a extremely cheap, basic and common 1-seater for that matter, manufactured on Corellia by the zillions, with slight yearly mods and improvements, and distributed to as many other planets as possible to maximize sales. Not to Jakku nor Tatooine, granted, but ****hole-planets like those would certainly be a common end-of-life destination to this kind of vehicules. Being cheap and old would be the sole reasons why Rey, poor among the poorest, could afford one. And since it is so old, why wouldn't there be some units on Tatooine, "a lifetime before", by the time Obi was there in hiding. Heck, you even have Luke's speeder, which looks so similar to Rey's (at least the front, albeit placed vertically... check it for yourselves!) that I'd almost dare to say the latter was designed intentionally so by the ILM's guys, implying that they were from the same manufacturer. Then, if Luke's unit got to Tatooine, why not Rey's?

RfC
m.
JFC, this is about the obi wan figure.

Back