1/6 Sideshow Mythos Boba Fett Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we get a V2 based on the mando show? Would be pretty easy too.

Yeah almost all they need to do is replace all the soft goods with black versions lol.

I wonder if Fett will change clothes at some point to match this version.

Gonna order one of these. Will be my first sideshow figure. Is the helmets visor just painted black or is it like the Hot Toys one with a separate piece for the visor?

I'm going to wait for the inevitable Hot Toys version!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'm going to wait for the inevitable Hot Toys version!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I do hope Hot Toys makes a Fett from Episode 15. That black under suit looks good. I?ll definitely buy that. Just hope they redo the helmet to be more accurate but that?s doubtful

Hot Toys Version? The "Book of Boba Fett" will surely get some love but these figures are taking 12-18 months to make it to the market. With all the Disney plans and character costume changes, I would prefer Hot Toys tackle some original trilogy figures missing from the lineup. Their look will not change in 18 months.

Hot Toys Version? The "Book of Boba Fett" will surely get some love but these figures are taking 12-18 months to make it to the market. With all the Disney plans and character costume changes, I would prefer Hot Toys tackle some original trilogy figures missing from the lineup. Their look will not change in 18 months.

I agree, and I love this mythos look, it just happens to align with his look from episode 15 except his under clothes were black. Will HT do that version, maybe, maybe not. I don't know for sure. What I do know for sure is that even if they do, it will be 1 1/2 to 2 years from now before we see it.

So for now I'm going to see what I can do to tweak this figure. Its a nice figure, SS did a great job, but shot themselves in the foot with the crappy body choice.
Everything else is really good IMHO. The helmet is not quite as good as HT but close. I'd say this one helmet a 8 and HT helmet a 9.

Took a few new shots of Mythos Fett...

MYTHOS FETT 035.jpg

MYTHOS FETT 036.jpg

I still love the look of this figure...the gear, the outfit, the armor, the helmet...all look great.
The biggest let-down with this figure is still the rag-doll body. It's a challenge posing him considering all of the gear, the wired cloth and the weapons...only to have to fight with the loose limbs and floppy body too.

I've never customized any figure beyond a simple add or adjustment, but maybe next year I will venture into switching the body for this.

Yes, HT will inevitably produce multiple new versions from Mando and Book of Fett and I will no doubt add a few to the Fett collection, but this one will always be a unique figure I'll continue to enjoy.

I ordered a second one of these because it?s one of my favorite Fett looks and because I just had to convert my current one to a Mando Fett. It?s not perfect but I?m pretty happy with it as a placeholder for the next couple of years waiting for HT...

8f25b732eed075c594e42681d6af6a27.jpg

982f45cb83fa7da9d900c083b1e1cbcd.jpg

4b1c21934ebf1abae967de288e4f759a.jpg

7e464018804a63674ba4e8f2de5b1af1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, I just noticed Sideshow is doing another run of these for mid-2021. I've been really wanting a ROTJ Fett in the collection so wonder if that might be a cheaper option than paying $500 for the HT figure?

Or would I be better off holding out for a HT reissue that may come with the new TV series?

Hmm, I just noticed Sideshow is doing another run of these for mid-2021. I've been really wanting a ROTJ Fett in the collection so wonder if that might be a cheaper option than paying $500 for the HT figure?

Or would I be better off holding out for a HT reissue that may come with the new TV series?

Mythos is a great figure but definitely different than ROTJ. I have another Mythos on order because I converted my current one to minty fresh Mando Fett and it's unique enough to require representation in my Fett collection. The ROTJ HT figure is also a wonderful figure. You know HT will re-issue an ROTJ eventually (likely 40th of Jedi in two years) and they'll make at least one, if not more representations of Fett from Mando. Any of those are a minimum of 18-24 months away though. I'm the wrong person to ask as a Fett-freak as my answer is by them all! :)

Yeah I've been studying the figure and it appears pretty accurate to ROTJ other than the painted horns on the helmet. But I would likely have to do some repainting on this anyway.

Obviously the ideal option though would be to wait for the inevitable HT reissue, so that's probably what I'll end up doing.

Yeah I've been studying the figure and it appears pretty accurate to ROTJ other than the painted horns on the helmet. But I would likely have to do some repainting on this anyway.

Obviously the ideal option though would be to wait for the inevitable HT reissue, so that's probably what I'll end up doing.

Yeah, I think you're right as far as ROTJ accuracy. You could probably get away with just re-painting the dome to get rid of those eyes. The rest of the helmet is close enough, I think. Jet pack is close, gauntlets are close, so yeah could work. You might also give Fett mania a couple months to calm down and try your luck on eBay. Could see a dip in demand and a lowered price... Good luck either way!

Nice work darth dennis! I'm not a fan of that clean look but i am working on a battle damaged version from The Tragedy episode...

I like that look as well. Wasn't sure which way to go but decided that the Mythos version converted best to the clean look...at least without adding other soft goods. Would love to do one of the heavy battle damaged looks as well eventually though. Definitely going to do full size helmet paint-ups of both...

that`s what i did with mine. turned him into the ROTJ version of boba fett. with a mix of some HT ROTJ boba fett parts like the back pack waist sash ammo belt.

Back