1/6 Sideshow Mythos Boba Fett Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's face it, Fett does not do that much in the movies besides look like a badass. Which is also worthy, don't get me wrong. Its on the printed page where he really comes to life. [Or the Kindle page, whatevs :)] He's a busy guy. Quite busy. And then you have the comics...

Think of it like this: without Fett, you would have no Mando. Not speaking of buying this figure particularly, but just in general.

In my unlucky case I am interested not only in the Fetts, but the Mandalorian series and woe betide my wallet, I say truly.

LOL wish I hadn't read that; too true:lol. Puts the meter over on the "buy" side:horror. IMO it's just a cool interpretation with the "desert look". Am already rooting for Din D'jarin to get a kama skirt and poncho (TBH hadn't heard of that before, the skirt reportedly being a Mandalorian thing - luv that. Makes sense - carry extra ammo and get some environment protection without constricting movement. Also rip into bandages etc.)

Yeah, the wallet thing is *sad*:monkey2. But I cringe looking at most after-market prices. I've bit the bullet a few times for some older MCU stuff, but I'd rather open a nice shiny new box and get that waft of fresh plastic.:cool:

It's bad enough that Sideshow put Boba in a frock, I hope Djarin doesn't start transitioning as well. :horror

Uhhhh... if you wear a jetpack, you NEED a kama. Its not for show, you need one. Or you'll have very hot legs...

Agreed that Mando will most likely get one. It's needed. His armor will evolve again this season, at least once. *sighs* Iron Man is over, and you know HT is just salivating for another cash... nerf.

:wink1:

LOL wish I hadn't read that; too true:lol. Puts the meter over on the "buy" side:horror. IMO it's just a cool interpretation with the "desert look". Am already rooting for Din D'jarin to get a kama skirt and poncho (TBH hadn't heard of that before, the skirt reportedly being a Mandalorian thing - luv that. Makes sense - carry extra ammo and get some environment protection without constricting movement. Also rip into bandages etc.)

Had no idea why they wore those, till I read the Republic Commando novels. Now they make sense.

Yeah, the wallet thing is *sad*:monkey2. But I cringe looking at most after-market prices. I've bit the bullet a few times for some older MCU stuff, but I'd rather open a nice shiny new box and get that waft of fresh plastic.:cool:

These things bring me joy. I look at Mythos Fett every day, and he makes me happy. Right now, we all need whatever joy we can get in our lives.

One or the other. A kama or a poncho.

Both make Boba look like he's wearing a dress. And not a very pretty one. :lol

Reminds me of Foreign Legion/Arabia in general/exotica and deadly. Haven't traveled enough but to me plenty of countries wear some kind of robe, esp. in hot climates. U.S. has a manly pants thing. For me it's a selling point for this fig, and also telegraphs that Boba isn't an idiot. E.g. supposedly the loose robes worn by Bedouins etc. are actually cooler even tho it's a lot of fabric. Tho, obviously, he is also wearing pants.:cool:
Probably with garrote wires in the seams.:monkey3

So IMO for this Mythos fig the character is adapting to environment. Like the fabric too.

These things bring me joy. I look at Mythos Fett every day, and he makes me happy. Right now, we all need whatever joy we can get in our lives.

For sure! At the moment my SSC Jawas - which haven't put into cabinet yet - are making me happy (they are what I think of as my first Mandalorian figures in 1/6).
And getting up to speed on some Mandalorian history has helped distract too.

One or the other. A kama or a poncho.

Both make Boba look like he's wearing a dress. And not a very pretty one. :lol

As I recall, the Null commandos took a certain amount of ribbing over this too. Which they bore with external schadenfreude, and a certain amount of inner annoyance.

stare.jpg

Sassafras: Reminds me of Foreign Legion/Arabia in general/exotica and deadly. Haven't traveled enough but to me plenty of countries wear some kind of robe, esp. in hot climates. U.S. has a manly pants thing. For me it's a selling point for this fig, and also telegraphs that Boba isn't an idiot. E.g. supposedly the loose robes worn by Bedouins etc. are actually cooler even tho it's a lot of fabric.

I don't really understand why people in hot climates wear long layers, but I am sure I would if I lived in them myself. In Mythos Fett's case, it seems like perhaps this would be for protection from sandstorms...? What a hellhole somewhere like Tatooine would be: Arrakis but without the sandworms.

I don't really understand why people in hot climates wear long layers, but I am sure I would if I lived in them myself. In Mythos Fett's case, it seems like perhaps this would be for protection from sandstorms...? What a hellhole somewhere like Tatooine would be: Arrakis but without the sandworms.

There's this:
Researchers have studied the heavy black robes worn by Bedouins in the desert. They say the key there is thickness. The outer layer of fabric does get hotter because the black color absorbs more heat. And that heat doesn't get transmitted to the skin because of the thick fabric.
https://www.npr.org/2012/07/25/157302810/summer-science-clothes-keep-you-cool-more-or-less

Gonna guess having layers of loose robes insulates against heat - or cold as temps drop in a lot of deserts at night - key being loose. For a Mandalorian a kama skirt and poncho could have multiple functions. Plus u could ditch fast if needed.

IMO it looks cool, too.

Has anyone successfully body swapped this figure yet? I'm really interested in doing it. Just a little paranoid about taking everything off of the stock body.

I love the inclusion of the lightsaber trophies. As made by previous posts, Boba Fett didn't do much in the films. Yet the idea of him taking down a Jedi...I don't know man but that's always seemed very cool to me. The idea of a Jedi, one of these virtually omnipotent figures, being gunned down like Force didn't even exist... badass is all I'm saying haha

Does anyone know who the lightsabers belonged to, before they were killed?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I love the inclusion of the lightsaber trophies. As made by previous posts, Boba Fett didn't do much in the films. Yet the idea of him taking down a Jedi...I don't know man but that's always seemed very cool to me. The idea of a Jedi, one of these virtually omnipotent figures, being gunned down like Force didn't even exist... badass is all I'm saying haha

They were probably all Padawans who were obnoxious, didn’t listen to their masters, got lured away and cut off and cried like little b****es (cough*Anakin*cough) at the end.
Fett wasn’t good enough to take down a master, Jango couldnt why should Boba?
(Especially after those prequels & ep.6 ruined him.)

Last edited:
Does anyone know who the lightsabers belonged to, before they were killed?

He had a bunch of them. I think it was in "A Practical Man" where he admired a Jedi's green lightsaber and casually remarked that he needed one for his collection. Heh.

Neither Fett had a problem taking down regular Jedi, not masters true, but regular Jedi were not really a problem. What put Jango on the Jedi radar was the day he took down six Jedi with his bare hands. Jango HATED him some Jedi, for sure.

He had a bunch of them. I think it was in "A Practical Man" where he admired a Jedi's green lightsaber and casually remarked that he needed one for his collection. Heh.

Neither Fett had a problem taking down regular Jedi, not masters true, but regular Jedi were not really a problem. What put Jango on the Jedi radar was the day he took down six Jedi with his bare hands. Jango HATED him some Jedi, for sure.

Is that canon?
Doesnt sound like it.

Is that canon?
Doesnt sound like it.

I don't really care about "canon," since Disney does what they want and today's non-canon is tomorrow's YES IT ALWAYS WAS, HOW DARE YOU. Day after tomorrow, they try and wipe it again. All of them do this, hello Marvel and DC.

I love how these companies think they can just wave away anything they'd like to forget and erase it from fan's hearts. Good luck with that one, guys.

The event I referred to took place in the comic's "Jango Fett: Open Seasons" miniseries. Which, IMO is a must for people interested in Mandalorians - but that is just me.

I don't really care about "canon," since Disney does what they want and today's non-canon is tomorrow's YES IT ALWAYS WAS, HOW DARE YOU. Day after tomorrow, they try and wipe it again. All of them do this, hello Marvel and DC.

I love how these companies think they can just wave away anything they'd like to forget and erase it from fan's hearts. Good luck with that one, guys.

The event I referred to took place in the comic's "Jango Fett: Open Seasons" miniseries. Which, IMO is a must for people interested in Mandalorians - but that is just me.

That is a good story, especially how Dooku selects Jango but the film canon has both Fetts being inept at fighting Jedi, albeit rather powerful ones.

That is a good story, especially how Dooku selects Jango but the film canon has both Fetts being inept at fighting Jedi, albeit rather powerful ones.

Truth! Although I always enjoy seeing both these men onscreen, I don't give their film appearances heavy weight, especially Boba's. Both individuals LOOK really cool, but its their doings elsewhere that resonate. Especially their deaths, Jango?.. gah, he just got done WRONG, would he ever actually be that stupid and then we have what happened to Boba... not that I really take his screen "death" that seriously, but come on. To kill him like that, as if he were an idiot.

Of course SW is known for giving villains and anti-heroes inappropriate deaths, or doing things to them that they absolutely do not deserve. See: Dengar's treatment in RoS, when I saw that I just.... I was so mad, Dengar did NOT deserve that why the hell would they do him like that.

Straying far from topic, one of these days I am going to get some decent pics of Mythos Boba, a figure I like so much that he actually makes me consider Mythos Kenobi.

I’m really interested in switching out the body of this figure. Can someone make a recommendation? I would really appreciate the insight.

Back