1/6 Sideshow Mythos Boba Fett Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the feeling on this figure has taken a turn. Based off the early in hand shots and that first review vid I was seriously considering picking this guy up. SS is always the opposite to HT - in HT threads the early pics and vids always have people freaking then later opinions debunk that. I'm still considering this figure though. I passed on HT RotJ so don't have the red gauntlets represented in my collection (1/4 Fett doesn't count)...

On the body, *if* this is sideshows last 1/6th, I'm not surprised they are using up what bodies they have left rather than a new one. This looks like a complicated outfit with fiddly details and from the review not easily removable elements. I wonder how hard a body swap for the completely untalented butter fingers (aka me) would be.

Last edited:
That Scout body sucks though too. I remember I had to swap one out for a HT Sandtrooper body to be able to pose one looking down the sights of the glorious exclusive sniper rifle.

Also a trip down memory lane regarding Sideshow bodies would be incomplete without bringing up the Jawas right? Those buggers really pissed me off when I got them but nowadays when I pick up one of those floppy bastards to repose I almost laugh at how absolutely terrible those bodies were made. How could Sideshow QC possibly have approved them? :lol

Was that the V.1 or V.2 Scout? I seem to recall it was only the later re-release that had that centipede-like body. Here's the black Scout version:

Nude-Body__41913.1539761212.1280.1280.jpg

And yeah the Jawa bodies were approved because they were old Hobbit bodies, so no extra tooling costs. Nothing gets a rubber stamp faster than that.:lol

I bought my Jawas late (and super cheap - I seem to recall I actually got two two-packs for less than the cost of a single two-pack) and the bodies weren't too bad. Were they equivalent to what a HT Jawa body would be though? Not even close. They are rough old-style joints common in lower end 12" figs from the mid to late 2000s.

Was that the V.1 or V.2 Scout? I seem to recall it was only the later re-release that had that centipede-like body. Here's the black Scout version:

Nude-Body__41913.1539761212.1280.1280.jpg

And yeah the Jawa bodies were approved because they were old Hobbit bodies, so no extra tooling costs. Nothing gets a rubber stamp faster than that.:lol

I bought my Jawas late (and super cheap - I seem to recall I actually got two two-packs for less than the cost of a single two-pack) and the bodies weren't too bad. Were they equivalent to what a HT Jawa body would be though? Not even close. They are rough old-style joints common in lower end 12" figs from the mid to late 2000s.

I didn't realize they changed the bodies of the Scout in the re-release, my fault. My Scout troopers are definitely from the first run.

Well the feeling on this figure has taken a turn. Based off the early in hand shots and that first review vid I was seriously considering picking this guy up. SS is always the opposite to HT - in HT threads the early pics and vids always have people freaking then later opinions debunk that. I'm still considering this figure though. I passed on HT RotJ so don't have the red gauntlets represented in my collection (1/4 Fett doesn't count)...

It's a really cool Fett look, and you're kinda getting a ROTJ Fett with some extras (though it is missing a few things vs ROTJ Fett like the upper saddlebag pockets) and the helmet sculpt looks like one of the better ones overall, despite some more minor issues. So it's a great fig overall, mostly because it's a great idea for a Fett fig and I'd seriously doubt HT will do this version ever seeing how Mando will take over all things mando for years.

That being said, sounds like the body has some issues and it does have some funky aspects - the hands have that slightly odd "skinny fingers" look the SSC Biker Scout hands had, and the chest armor plates seem slightly off shape-wise and slightly too far apart (though maybe they can be teased in closer.) Bottom line is that many Fetts have odd looking hands (even the HT Fetts had bad hands) and off-looking chest armor (the SSC ESB Fett was notorious for the "boxy" look.)

I didn't realize they changed the bodies of the Scout in the re-release, my fault. My Scout troopers are definitely from the first run.

The main problem I had with my V.1 Scout (before I sold it) was the arms wouldn't lay flat on the sides of the torso - I stripped the fig and dremeled under the arms so they laid flat and looked more natural.

The body and proportions are the worst part of the package, but most of the "exclusive" gear like the leather belt (cheap material), and wrapped rifle (visible metal wire used to hold the straps in place) were not high enough quality to justify the price. The knife and sheathe are by far the best of the new accessories. The poncho is sewn into the jumpsuit apparently, so there isn't a lot of options unless you want to cut it out. I didn't see the big complaint about the jetpack, it attaches just like the Hot Toys version. Magnets would have been a better option, especially without the ability to remove the poncho.

Honestly, for anyone wanting a Fett in their collection, just get one of the already released Hot Toys or wait for the inevitable next release. I can see them revisiting ROTJ Fett now that ESB Fett is starting to sell out. Especially with the success of The Mandalorian.

For $250, I was definitely out. I would probably have kept this if it was in the $160 - $175 range.

Last edited:
First negative review I?ve seen... and yet you aren?t giving us the nitty gritty. What don?t you like about it?

Don't get me wrong, I love the figure, it's one of my favorites. I just think the headsculpt and lightsaber (especially the headsculpt) isn't painted to the Hottoy's level of realism.

Yeah it's really hard to justify paying $250 for any Sideshow figure. Especially one that doesn't look like much of an upgrade over their previous Fett figures that went for $190 or so.

Ugh I'm so unlucky. Why does it seem like there's always something wrong with every figure I buy? I usually tolerate rogue nubs and bad paint work on HT but this is a bit disappointing considering it's my first SS. Do you think Sideshow will take this back? Other than that, it's a fantastic figure overall. Sure the legs aren't tight as an HT counterpart but the figure is just so cool looking.

Yea I've had issues with pieces before and they sent a replacement part. Shouldn't be a problem at all as long as you send the customer support the pics.

On the body, *if* this is sideshows last 1/6th, I'm not surprised they are using up what bodies they have left rather than a new one. This looks like a complicated outfit with fiddly details and from the review not easily removable elements. I wonder how hard a body swap for the completely untalented butter fingers (aka me) would be.

easy; the hand joints and ankle joints don't always match, but that's the ONLY challenge.....for example, on my pic with the HT ESB Fett, I am using the Sideshow gloves w their v2 Fett (far as I recall). You may need to cut the wrist peg down to fit, but if I can do it, Anyone can. I am a hack on a good day

easy; the hand joints and ankle joints don't always match, but that's the ONLY challenge.....for example, on my pic with the HT ESB Fett, I am using the Sideshow gloves w their v2 Fett (far as I recall). You may need to cut the wrist peg down to fit, but if I can do it, Anyone can. I am a hack on a good day

Cutting eh... Might wanna follow my hyperlink in my post to see how well that worked out for me :rotfl

Thanks for the advice.

Overall an ok fig. The jet pack situation is 10 steps backwards put it in after a struggle and don’t look at it ! It’s hard to pose the figure without everything falling off. The long rifle has a strap made of toilet paper and is very short making it difficult to put on the shoulder without of course knocking off the jet pack. And yes the body is flimsy :(
327859A3-D625-441D-BE13-BB9916874313.jpeg

Cutting eh... Might wanna follow my hyperlink in my post to see how well that worked out for me :rotfl

Thanks for the advice.

I mean with a xacto. Now, this body may be different than the last one I did this with, but it used to be that the wrist pegs for sideshow were a tad long. Trim them with a xacto and they will work. that said, I have not played with one of their bodies in two years.

It's interesting how in some pics the helmet looks about the right size; others kinda small...

For those being scared off: its gonna be a fun figure to futz with. I do not regret my purchase. Did get it for $60 less using points via sideshow.

I was happy to see that Sideshow did ship w double box, and total shipping was $10. Back when I got Dengar, they still charged $10 extra just to get double box shipping. Still behind BBTS, but better.

Last edited:
I have to say, I find it very odd how there are only two reviews on youtube of this figure, one of which is from SSC themselves. Doesn't seem like viral collectors are very interested :(

Overall an ok fig. The jet pack situation is 10 steps backwards put it in after a struggle and don?t look at it ! It?s hard to pose the figure without everything falling off. The long rifle has a strap made of toilet paper and is very short making it difficult to put on the shoulder without of course knocking off the jet pack. And yes the body is flimsy :(
View attachment 476263

Thanks Jay, tells me all I need to know. Think I would rather buy another HT deluxe Jedi Luke.

Back