1/6 Sideshow Mythos Boba Fett Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here they are side-by-side. Sorry for the yellowish pic. Can't take a decent pic to save my life. Have the Sideshow helmet elevated very slightly

IMG_20200117_065641055.jpg

here they are side-by-side. Sorry for the yellowish pic. Can't take a decent pic to save my life. Have the Sideshow helmet elevated very slightly

View attachment 476144

Man, I can hear the urinal flushing from just out of shot.:lol

But thanks for the comp pics, guys.:clap It actually looks a bit better in these comp pics than in a few of the vids I've seen.

The one thing that concerns me most beyond the brow gap and the flare issue (though ROTJ - for the most part - lacks much of the ESB flair) is the sculpted line in the cheek. It's subtle and may be able to be filled, but I don't think this line appears on any OT Fett helemt, yet SSC has sculpted it on both their Fett sculpts.

7ZFPzda.png

Of course the helmet apps are also not a 100% match to ESB or ROTJ, but this is an EU helmet so can't fault it for that.

It does look a bit small, but Matrix got some nice results with the Medi helmet which is a few notches smaller than the old SSC helmet.

I ordered one of these from TA while they were still in stock, so will be interested to see in-hand.

But thanks for the comp pics, guys.:clap It actually looks a bit better in these comp pics than in a few of the vids I've seen.

The one thing that concerns me most beyond the brow gap and the flare issue (though ROTJ - for the most part - lacks much of the ESB flair) is the sculpted line in the cheek. It's subtle and may be able to be filled, but I don't think this line appears on any OT Fett helemt, yet SSC has sculpted it on both their Fett sculpts.

Of course the helmet apps are also not a 100% match to ESB or ROTJ, but this is an EU helmet so can't fault it for that.

It does look a bit small, but Matrix got some nice results with the Medi helmet which is a few notches smaller than the old SSC helmet.

I ordered one of these from TA while they were still in stock, so will be interested to see in-hand.

LOL Lord yes

Curious what you think with the helmet in hand!

The one thing that concerns me most beyond the brow gap and the flare issue (though ROTJ - for the most part - lacks much of the ESB flair) is the sculpted line in the cheek. It's subtle and may be able to be filled, but I don't think this line appears on any OT Fett helemt, yet SSC has sculpted it on both their Fett sculpts

7ZFPzda.png

This is almost certainly an attempt to differentiate the SSC helmet sculpt from the HT helmet, most likely for legal reasons.

Legal reasons? Please. They both have the license to make Boba Fett merch from Lucasfilm.

That crease in the cheek is just a common inaccuracy that has made its way into many many Boba Fett items over the years. The ESB Hot Toys figure was one of the first to really get the subtle curves of the cheeks pretty darn accurate, to be honest.

Got this guy the other day; first Sideshow since Dengar.

From the neck down, this guy is AMAZING.......sideshow's weathering is better than I remember from their past efforts..............but the helmet. Two main issues for me: it's small and does not flare out as it should. Next to the HT ESB one, the issues with the helmet are apparent. It's by no means a bad helmet, but its not as dead-on as I had hoped. Now, I am not a fan of the ROTJ HT helmet either, as it has 'long face' syndrome, so I dunno. HT is on the left. Right next to eath other, the SSC doesn't seem as small as when on the figure. It should be noted, the HT figure is a smidge shorter.
Sorry for the ghetto set up
View attachment 476140
View attachment 476141
View attachment 476142

Paper towel makes it look extra classy I know. The new helmet also just sits on a peg. It does not snap in or anything. Odder than anything. I am using a bit of the Blu Tac to have the helmet sit a tad higher up off the neck. To my eyes, it makes the helmet look less pin-headish

Gotta say that the Mythos style of Fett is my fav version of the character. If they had him appear in Mandalorian, this is exactly how I'd want him to look.

Whoever came up with the concept: Kudos.

I think the overall shape of SS looks better, especially the brow and visor. The flair is the only thing HT got right...

I just got a return authorization from Sideshow. After how Mythos Obi-wan turned out, this really feels like a major step backwards. Definitely not worth $250+.

My first Sideshow return/refund in 20 years.

I feel like Mythos Obi Wan was close, if they had better paint apps, particularly on the head I think it would be about to the Hottoys mark. Still a great figure though.

I think the overall shape of SS looks better, especially the brow and visor. The flair is the only thing HT got right...

Ok, sounds right.....I am no expert but that seems to be throwing it off to my eyes..........

It's a human centipede!

:horror

Yeah, good luck getting some sleep!!! Holy crap, is that their idea of upgraded articulation? I mean, I usually put my figs in museum type poses so it almost doesn't matter to me, but odd

Legal reasons? Please. They both have the license to make Boba Fett merch from Lucasfilm.

That crease in the cheek is just a common inaccuracy that has made its way into many many Boba Fett items over the years. The ESB Hot Toys figure was one of the first to really get the subtle curves of the cheeks pretty darn accurate, to be honest.

Yeah, I'm not sure about a company intentionally sculpting an inaccuracy just to differentiate it. Boba's cheeks are extremely complex shape-wise, and yeah, almost everyone is unable to make the complex curves and planes work.

My guess is they were unable to get it all to match so added that crease to bring all the shapes/curves together.

Fortunately this time (unlike the first SSC Boba sculpt) it looks shallow enough that it might be able to be carefully filled/sanded over.

What are your main couple of issues with the HT ESB helmet?

The body is parted out on TA...

I've never seen so many abs on a 1/6 body before:horror

View attachment 476170

That body is the one they produced for the V2 Biker Scout - it's designed to be able to have the scout riding the bike where he's hunched down low but also with his back arched upward quite sharply so he can see.

So it has enormous range in terms of bending front/back - though why they chose that body for this fig, where he doesn't need to do that, is a mystery.

Unfortunate that it's yet another slightly loose SSC body, esp on such an expensive fig. They've had more than ten years to get a really tight and well engineered/proportioned body that's equivalent to a HT TT, but alas - they couldnt do it even with their very last 1/6 SW fig.

That body is the one they produced for the V2 Biker Scout - it's designed to be able to have the scout riding the bike where he's hunched down low but also with his back arched upward quite sharply so he can see.

So it has enormous range in terms of bending front/back - though why they chose that body for this fig, where he doesn't need to do that, is a mystery.

Unfortunate that it's yet another slightly loose SSC body, esp on such an expensive fig. They've had more than ten years to get a really tight and well engineered/proportioned body that's equivalent to a HT TT, but alas - they couldnt do it even with their very last 1/6 SW fig.

That Scout body sucks though too. I remember I had to swap one out for a HT Sandtrooper body to be able to pose one looking down the sights of the glorious exclusive sniper rifle.

Also a trip down memory lane regarding Sideshow bodies would be incomplete without bringing up the Jawas right? Those buggers really pissed me off when I got them but nowadays when I pick up one of those floppy bastards to repose I almost laugh at how absolutely terrible those bodies were made. How could Sideshow QC possibly have approved them? :lol

Back