Sideshow Monty Python figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first set of five were released in 2001.

What the crap?!? I've never seen these. Thanks so much for introducing me to these! I'll have to do some research on how much these go for.

Yep they were great figures... but one of the earlier ones that actually ended up in stores. Used to be able to buy them for next to nothing, even a full set of the knights boxed will nowadays will usually set you back less than $100.

The only one that's really valuable and hard to get his the Ni Knight. They can be upwards of $300 last I'd checked.

No Suncoast stores in your area? They, along with Buffy, rotted on their shelves for 10 years. :lol

There was one that I never frequented before they all crapped out. I wasn't even collecting when these came out but I know I would have noticed Python figures none the less.

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll definitely check them out.

been collecting 12" figures from sideshow since the universal monsters collection. never did monty python but how about young Frankenstein???

youngfrank2.jpg

I have the dead collector, got him for 18 bucks in a really beat up box, but the figure was never removed. Only other ones I'd really want are the Black Knight or maybe TimTheEnchanter.

I actually just picked up the Black Knight off eBay a couple months back to put in my office at work. I think I paid around $40 shipped. A couple people understood what it was and thought it was funny.

And then there was someone that asked me if it was Game of Thrones.

The Black Knight is a great figure... and they pull apart limbs work really well. I have him displayed in pieces as it seemed a waste not too :lol

I have all of the knights, the Black Knight, Patsy and the French Taunter. I'd considered getting a few more, but with the price of the Knight who says Ni being so high I decided to not bother being a completest.
p.jpg

Yeah, the whole collection was/is great. . . well, kind of . . . when it got down to Prince Herbert and King of the Swamp Castle, I was like "I can't believe I paid money for these" but I had the whole set up to that point, so I couldn't not get them.

The Knight who Says Ni is funny though, because he's only half of a figure stuck on top of a cone. . . yet he was "full price" at the time. So all these newbs talking about how Sideshow is cutting corners doesn't know what they're talking about. "Back in my day, we bought half of a figure and paid full price, and WE LIKED IT"

But it is a really tall half of a figure :lecture Yeah, I think Prince Herbert would have been a difficult buy if I'd gone into "completist" territory. I think the only figure I'd still really like to have aside from the Ni Knight is Tim the Enchanter. That one looked like it came out really good.

I did have Brian and Mandy from The Life of Brian... but they were pretty awful in-hand so I eventually sold them.

I've got them all (just the clean Knights) except for Sir Galahad, Patsy, Prince Herbert, and the Knight that says Ni! Didn't know about Patsy until later and just never got around to getting him or Galahad. I never liked Prince Herbert and I missed out on the Ni! Knight which is impossible to find cheap.

For those that don't know about these, there are:

First series (Clean Knights):
  • King Arthur
  • Sir Bedevere
  • Sir Lancelot
  • Sir Galahad
  • Sir Robin
The Dirty Knights:
  • King Arthur
  • Sir Bedevere
  • Sir Lancelot
  • Sir Galahad
  • Sir Robin

The others:
  • Patsy
  • The Black Knight
  • The Dead Collector
  • The Bridge Keeper
  • Prince Herbert
  • The King Of Swamp Castle
  • Tim The Enchanter
  • The French Taunter
  • The Knight Who Says Ni!

My favorites are Bedevere, Lancelot, King Arthur, Black Knight, French Taunter, and Tim the Enchanter. I might pick up Patsy someday.

Last edited:
been collecting 12" figures from sideshow since the universal monsters collection. never did monty python but how about young Frankenstein???

youngfrank2.jpg

I got both, but yeah, I was floored to find out (years late) that they had made Young Frankenstein figures (like the guy finding out just now about the Monty Python figures) and was lucky to find a good deal on them on ebay later on:

12inchscarymovieFigs.jpg

Tim the Enchanter and the Black Knight are must-haves...Everyone that stops by my cubicle knows EXACTLY who they are!

The Knight that says Ni is an impressive figure - I probably spent $150 bucks for him several years ago and thought it was expensive even then. I only wish he came with some nice shrubbery...

Back