Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cape makes a huge difference

I like it with for sure, but I think it works both ways and it's awesome that it's removable! Did anyone see a price? Usually they post it on Tuesday with the preview, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

They usually add it with "He'll be up for PO on Thursday!" Maybe they just forgot the last line of the preview? I'd say that's the likeliest explanation.

Any estimate on how long we'll have to wait for a Skeletor PO after He-Man goes up?

Any estimate on how long we'll have to wait for a Skeletor PO after He-Man goes up?

They said he'll be followed up shortly by Skeletor...that almost definitely means by the end of the year he'll go up, but I'd say it's possible we'll see him go up for PO in October.

They said he'll be followed up shortly by Skeletor...that almost definitely means by the end of the year he'll go up, but I'd say it's possible we'll see him go up for PO in October.

SS Alex said might be next year.

He-Man will be up for Pre-Order soon. Skeletor might make it for 2015 Pre-Order but he's still going through revisions based on what Mattel wants amended on him, so he could slip to 2016 for Pre-Order. Voltron will not be up for Pre-Order until 2016 (more than likely within the first 6 months of 2016)

Possible Spooktakular PO?

After guessing wrong for a couple of years on both Alien LSBs and Ripley HTs, I've given up on guessing what will ever go up for Spook as a PO! :lol

He-Man will be up for Pre-Order soon. Skeletor might make it for 2015 Pre-Order but he's still going through revisions based on what Mattel wants amended on him, so he could slip to 2016 for Pre-Order. Voltron will not be up for Pre-Order until 2016 (more than likely within the first 6 months of 2016)

That's unfortunate. I'm hoping they're minor changes, as Mattel needs to realize that modernized versions of characters are just as appealing as classic versions -- and sometimes more to certain people. I loved the TV show growing up, but watching it as an adult is torture. These versions of He-Man and Skeletor are also 100x more appealing to me than the versions I grew up with. Fingers crossed Mattel doesn't cause Skeletor to lose the badassery that lead him to be one of the biggest surprises of the SDCC reveals.

Not sure I like the sound of that, this looked perfect as is and don't see anything that could be improved IMO. I hope they aren't toning down the dark, evil look of Skeletor.

Yep, they just left off the last line in the preview. $399.99 as I assumed it'd be, even though I was hoping for $20 cheaper. :lol

The Exclusive and regular editions of the He-Man Statue will be priced at $399.99, with optional payment plans available. Pre-orders begin this Thursday, September 24th!

Anyone know the height of the statue? Are we regular 1/4 or Lobo/Apocalypse sized?
Its 1/5 scale. Its only 23 inches because of the base and his arm is stretched above his head.
I thought this was 1/5, isn't 23 inches pretty close to 1/4?

Edit: Just to give you an Idea, This Punisher PF is 1/4 and the tip of the gun is about 23 inches, I lined up He-man with the over all dimensions.

Heman Compare.jpg

Heman Compare2.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure I like the sound of that, this looked perfect as is and don't see anything that could be improved IMO. I hope they aren't toning down the dark, evil look of Skeletor.

This is what Igo said

Just a heads up guys, talks with Mattel went REALLY REALLY well… only thing changing on either of them is we'll be tweaking the colors on Skeletor a tiny bit, but otherwise these were both totally approved.

Its 1/5 scale. Its only 23 inches because of the base and his arm is stretched above his head.

Yeah, I think this line will benefit greatly from being 1/5th in terms of detail and size. Him being outstretched like this is perfect, and it's easily the best He-Man statue I've ever seen. Even with an exchange rate that makes $399.99 into a number that I don't want to say out loud, I'm likely going to jump on this guy.

Guess I can edit my Skeletor fear comment! :lol Yeah, I'm guessing that his chest was too dark. That'd be my main guess for what's changing. They did say a tiny bit, which likely means just a bit lighter. Either way, that's a huge relief. Thumbs up to this combo!

Yeah, I think this line will benefit greatly from being 1/5th in terms of detail and size. Him being outstretched like this is perfect, and it's easily the best He-Man statue I've ever seen. Even with an exchange rate that makes $399.99 into a number that I don't want to say out loud, I'm likely going to jump on this guy.

Guess I can edit my Skeletor fear comment! :lol Yeah, I'm guessing that his chest was too dark. That'd be my main guess for what's changing. They did say a tiny bit, which likely means just a bit lighter. Either way, that's a huge relief. Thumbs up to this combo!

Trust me that price makes me shudder. I remember paying $260 for 1/5 scale Daredevil...

Trust me that price makes me shudder. I remember paying $260 for 1/5 scale Daredevil...

:lol Yeah, it sucks because I'm not sure how you walk away from collecting ever...especially when so much awesome in on the horizon! It's just all about being really picky now. I only get pulled towards things that instantly make me go, "Yes," and that's actually a fairly rare thing. $350 for Obi-Wan mythos was more than worth it for me. They had a lot more to them, but he's one of my favourite pieces. I picked up Vader as well, and regret not getting Fett.

That was three years ago, so $50 more isn't something that shocked me. I was hoping for a bit less for the introductory character, but alas, it is He-Man! Sideshow has also stepped up its quality control quite a bit, so I'm hoping the bump also went towards that. This guy could look brilliant if the QC is as on par as it's been with most of Sideshow's recent releases.

I really, really just hope that they don't think Skeletor needs a price jump. $399.99 is fine for the entire line. For some reason I see them thinking $424.99 or something stupid is okay for Skeletor...but that'd be bad. I'm hoping they realize that these two should be on the same pricing scale, just like how all the Mythos after Maul were $350.

:lol Yeah, it sucks because I'm not sure how you walk away from collecting ever...especially when so much awesome in on the horizon! It's just all about being really picky now. I only get pulled towards things that instantly make me go, "Yes," and that's actually a fairly rare thing. $350 for Obi-Wan mythos was more than worth it for me. They had a lot more to them, but he's one of my favourite pieces. I picked up Vader as well, and regret not getting Fett.

That was three years ago, so $50 more isn't something that shocked me. I was hoping for a bit less for the introductory character, but alas, it is He-Man! Sideshow has also stepped up its quality control quite a bit, so I'm hoping the bump also went towards that. This guy could look brilliant if the QC is as on par as it's been with most of Sideshow's recent releases.

I really, really just hope that they don't think Skeletor needs a price jump. $399.99 is fine for the entire line. For some reason I see them thinking $424.99 or something stupid is okay for Skeletor...but that'd be bad. I'm hoping they realize that these two should be on the same pricing scale, just like how all the Mythos after Maul were $350.

Well as far as collecting 1/4 goes I have a list of pieces I'd like. After that if they make smaller batman statues fine, but I can't wait to stop dropping this kind of money :lol

Back