Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think the value of this statue will decrease if it doesn't come with the original box? If yes, how much will you think it should decrease? Thanks

I regret throwing away my original box too.Not planning on selling mine yet but you never know years from now.I contacted Sideshow about it,specially the special built Styrofoam box,but they said that won't be possible.

I guess the best option is to try the Styrofoam spray thing.

optimus prime slipped away for me, i dident really know about this community, before couple of months ago. And im totally hooked! Can't stop thinking about optimus prime, so i'm trying to save some bucks to buy him in the next few months. Hoping to see some more transformers statues very soon.

Here are some pictures/inspiration for your next transfomrers product that would look awesome! Bumblebee as in third picture is my favorite, even tho its most "logical" that u will make megatron next ;)

bumblebee liek this, freakin awesome!
transformers-bumble-bee.jpg

yes to bumblebee!!! if you're doing Megatron, please to the ROTF version!

Last edited:
I do hope that's not true and that SS would do another OP and also BB. I'm mentally kicking myself every time I see how I missed Optimus, by the time I found out (and was able to afford one), it was already sold out.

Please give us a DOTM version of BB and OP!

Thanks for the offer but no thanks! :wink1:

:rotfl lol, I guess you never know these days. I did get 2 nice members here who help me and found a baby doll for retail and told me to get on the WL for Freddy ex way after he was gone. I will soon have both because of members like these. It's always worth a shot no matter how off things may seem. I still give the guy credit for asking haha...

Two local collectibles shop owner recently brought out their personal piece for display. I notice that there is different level of QC between both statue but never the less the actual statue itself is one of the most impressive thing I have ever seen. Major regret I didnt order this although advise to last time as I was into hottoys instead of statues then.

Two local collectibles shop owner recently brought out their personal piece for display. I notice that there is different level of QC between both statue but never the less the actual statue itself is one of the most impressive thing I have ever seen. Major regret I didnt order this although advise to last time as I was into hottoys instead of statues then.

No worries SS or someone will do another one in the future because they know demand is there.

I still cant fathom why There is no other TF piece. Its illogical. I would suck one up sooo dang fast, and Im sure there are "thousands" out there that would gladly do the same. Please do a bumblebee! Hes is by far my favorite autobot from those movies(design wise)

I'll never sell this piece!!

I think the next piece will be high es since this one sold so fast.... Or open es!!! That sucks!

yes international shipping is a huge risk specially at the prices its going for and no replacements available...:(

yes international shipping is a huge risk specially at the prices its going for and no replacements available...:(

if it's packaged properly in original styrofoam with padding and wires so it doesnt move during transit, there is little risk, but most sellers including the ones here have no clue how to package their statues, as most are too lazy to even tape the styrofoam shut. It just boggles the mind... then they act all surprised when the statue arrived damaged...

people are just stupid sometimes...

if it's packaged properly in original styrofoam with padding and wires so it doesnt move during transit, there is little risk, but most sellers including the ones here have no clue how to package their statues, as most are too lazy to even tape the styrofoam shut. It just boggles the mind... then they act all surprised when the statue arrived damaged...

people are just stupid sometimes...

tell me about it , one in 4 shipments from sideshow has been arrving damaged, 2 terminator pf reg head replacement came damaged , one replacement dutch ex head came damaged and one replacement reg psylocke head came damaged , ud think sideshow would know how to pack better, they need a class lol
TBH i dont know whether to blame it on customs, sideshow items are valued at full value and customs are bound to open them
when i buy from ebay i usually ask seller to declare low and it passes customs and i have had about 1 in 10-12 damage,whereas when its from sideshow its 1 in 4
these customs once they open dont repack it as well and on the journey afterwards , is where i expect the damages might be occuring

I feel like a turncoat. I've been saying that this optimus looks too skinny and have been looking at pics of the calibre toys version.

Then I went into a local toy store and guess what was just sitting on a shelf?????????? Yep, the Optimus Prime Maquette!!! Holy crap, this thing is MUCH more impressive in person. And less skinny.

I went to the shop for something completely different, but soon forgot what it was. I had to take him home. :) The maquette has a strong presence. Your eyes get drawn directly to it. I may need to move it away from the CM Preddy. Trying to figure out where I want it.

What a day yesterday was!!! :D

Back