Sideshow Line of Licensed Heads? Maybe? Someday?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tathataboy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
South of Kansas City, on the Kansas side.
I wonder if counterfeiters would lose livelihood if the major licensors would step in to that market and make loose heads. I know the figure is the major moneymaker, but there's a blatant, obvious, large, demanding, freaky market for heads.

Is there a reason Sideshow (or others) don't step up to that plate, much akin to Head Play, et al?

I am honestly curious.

Last edited:
Head Play doesn't pay for any likeness rights or licensing fees, Sideshow, Hot Toys or others do... I'm pretty sure that to use an actor likeness there's a license tied to it for a particular theme, movie or entertainment brand associated with it...
It would be cool, but I don't see it happening...

Head Play doesn't pay for any likeness rights or licensing fees, Sideshow, Hot Toys or others do... I'm pretty sure that to use an actor likeness there's a license tied to it for a particular theme, movie or entertainment brand associated with it...
It would be cool, but I don't see it happening...

There have been several likenesses that HotToys has used but hasn't paid for either. Sideshow's not exactly innocent here either. :lol

The headsculpt is pretty much the most expensive part of a figure. If you are going to pay for the rights for a head, you might as well make the full figure and get a bit more back. The only way they could do this would be to do generic heads kinda like GI Joe. But I think most people would want real likeness over generic ones.

Back