Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They messed up the Biker Scout

But we all knew that from the very first photo of it. And it came out of production looking as close to the proto as anyone would expect. So... Should this go the same way, some flush side-cutters to get rid of the nibs on the ears and we're pretty well off.

They messed up the Biker Scout but this fig looks superb so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

Sorry how'd they mess up the scout?
It isn't perfect I know and will ht take it to the next level of realism.... Yeah I'm sure they will, but for the moment the scout on the bike is a pretty epic piece and is achieving and holding a pretty dynamic pose in my display....
As far as the atat driver it's looking good and really just needs to be able to stand on it's own from proto to be a success. I'm hoping for some extras to be included as I'm expecting it to be overpriced

Sorry how'd they mess up the scout?
It isn't perfect I know and will ht take it to the next level of realism.... Yeah I'm sure they will, but for the moment the scout on the bike is a pretty epic piece and is achieving and holding a pretty dynamic pose in my display....
As far as the atat driver it's looking good and really just needs to be able to stand on it's own from proto to be a success. I'm hoping for some extras to be included as I'm expecting it to be overpriced

As Pixel says, many of these issues were visible in the proto, so no surprises, but maybe I just hoped for the in-hand bump.

It's a nice quality figure, it just doesn't really look like the ROTJ movie scout... at all. The helmet is way off in a number of ways, many other inaccuracies (e.g correct puffy "diaper" look of the codpiece replaced by a ladies' underwear look) boots wrong and too short, pistol way too small, even the overall non-white look of the armor and over-weathering doesn't look like ROTJ. Overall proportions are off also - everything riding too high. It's possible a few of these things were done to make it sit on the bike better but the fact I had to dremel to make the arms sit down against the body bothered me. I was going to try to fix the helmet inaccuracies a bit, but decided there are too many.

I had expected a major upgrade on my custom Hasbro Scout, but side-by-side that fig still rules in terms of screen accuracy around here which is very weird.:(

As I've said many times, my SSC Scout I call a "Sniper Scout" - a Scout variant not related to ROTJ and in that way it's cool to me.

Fair enough. Agree it has issues but yeah it was all in the proto too, I've had my fair share of disappointments ssc proto to release program too, and really am questioning if too keep with ssc for the remainder or just wait it out for HT

You'll be waiting a long time for a new Scout, what with SSC still working on their second run.

Another year away...wow. Hope this turns out well. Would love an AT-AT Driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SSC Scout has its own accuracy issues like most SSC figures. But still a nice figure, glad I got it.

Heck, the SSC AT-AT Driver has its own too, but will get this figure as well.

I hope this means we might get General Veers and maybe some Hoth Rebel Troopers soon.

I hope this means we might get General Veers and maybe some Hoth Rebel Troopers soon.

After the mess that is Jango Fett I hope that Sideshow doesn't produce them. At the very least they'll probably screw up Veers' uniform and make it green.

After the mess that is Jango Fett I hope that Sideshow doesn't produce them. At the very least they'll probably screw up Veers' uniform and make it green.

Indeed. Human faces for HT please, including Tarkin and Veers.

Indeed. Human faces for HT please, including Tarkin and Veers.

I am still of the mind that HT does better head sculpts than SSC, but lately they have not done so well. I just don't see Harrison ford or Sir Alec Guinness in their last two portraits. Just my opinion.

This just looks all kinds of awesome.

It's great to see they went with the accurate grey paint and we don't have to have 20 pages debating whether the driver was grey or white lol, not that anyone cares as much about this guy as they do about Han's jacket.

star-wars-at-at-driver-sixth-scale-1001241-01.jpg

Back