Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had asked that very question before ultimately deciding to keep mine instead of returning it for a replacement. Sideshow wrote back:

"Any replacement part/figure/statue that we ship out to our collector would be passed through our Quality Assurance inspection process prior to preparing it for shipment from our warehouse. We do not ship out any previously returned damaged pieces/parts."

Hmmm, so how did I end up with a fellow collector's Brown Wolverine EX, that was still damaged?

That's been said 500 times over the years, but some people can't read

Yeah... But I encountered that very issue with the Obi wan Mythos. Well I did not.. I returned it due to really bad googley eyes. Then some other guy got the same one. Same number and everything.. But I did not take a pic of the number on mine so some don't believe it... But I did remember the number and the other guy posted the pic... OR did I have the posted pic and the other guy knew the number..

Personally I think it would be dumb for SSC not to resell some of their products if the issues are not really an issue.. Especially if they are willing to pay the return shipping if it is too big of an issue for the buyer.

Having said all this... Obi Wan was not damaged... Just really poorly painted eyes.

Yeah... But I encountered that very issue with the Obi wan Mythos. Well I did not.. I returned it due to really bad googley eyes. Then some other guy got the same one. Same number and everything.. But I did not take a pic of the number on mine so some don't believe it... But I did remember the number and the other guy posted the pic... OR did I have the posted pic and the other guy knew the number..

Personally I think it would be dumb for SSC not to resell some of their products if the issues are not really an issue.. Especially if they are willing to pay the return shipping if it is too big of an issue for the buyer.

Having said all this... Obi Wan was not damaged... Just really poorly painted eyes.

I received #74 of the Brown Wolverine EX. A well known member here also had #74 and returned it because of a chipped and masked portrait that SS wouldn't replace. I received the exact same damaged portrait , however, after contacting SS, they did indeed replace it. I don't know why they didn't replace it for the other member.

I also received a scratched Terminator bust that was missing styrofoam in the shipper, and was replaced with plastic bags. There weren't anymore Terminator busts, so I kept it. This was obviously someone's return.

That being said, anyone who believes that QC Inspects these pieces, and does not ship to other customers, either A) works for SS, or B) is smoking some really good stuff :wink1:

I had asked that very question before ultimately deciding to keep mine instead of returning it for a replacement. Sideshow wrote back:

"Any replacement part/figure/statue that we ship out to our collector would be passed through our Quality Assurance inspection process prior to preparing it for shipment from our warehouse. We do not ship out any previously returned damaged pieces/parts."

You should suggest Sideshow to fire all QC department personnel. :)

I guess they give returned goods a scale out of 10 then ship it hoping it won't get noticed. Crafty for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up with two Obi Wan mythos. One was from the first batch and one from the second. It was like a before and after picture. Don't do drugs kids. :lol

20141229_002222.jpg
20141229_002117.jpg

Interesting reading these comments as I recently had my waitlist for Batman PF convert. First thing I noticed when I pulled it out of the box was that the SS foil sticker was loose and not where it should be. Second was that there seemed to be extra tape around the styrofoam, and not just around where the two halves connect, but around both ends. The first thing that I thought was what if this was a return. I inspected the entire piece closely and didn't find any flaws.

Personally, I wouldn't even care if I got someone else's return so long as it didn't have any issues. If SSC took care of whatever the original problem was, I'd be OK with that.

That pic though ouch ouch! That's not even funny. Maybe two different factories lol

IMG_6828.jpgIMG_6826.JPG

This is what I was referring to earlier. A member here returned his EX because SS refused to exchange his chipped portrait. He posted the same pics. He had # 74. My WL converted shortly after, and I receive the same exact PF, # 74, and SS even sent me the same chipped head. You can tell something is up when you don't get the usual SS shipper box, but a plain box with white paper on it. It even says return department on it.

View attachment 343793View attachment 343794

This is what I was referring to earlier. A member here returned his EX because SS refused to exchange his chipped portrait. He posted the same pics. He had # 74. My WL converted shortly after, and I receive the same exact PF, # 74, and SS even sent me the same chipped head. You can tell something is up when you don't get the usual SS shipper box, but a plain box with white paper on it. It even says return department on it.

Dude that is really MESSED UP! I have 2 PFs which are perfect but have 4 1/5 on the way. Ill be crossing my fingers and anything i can for these to come flawless lol

That is terrible. I wonder if they could get themselves into trouble by telling customers specifically that they don't resell returns when in fact they do exactly that. Just looked up Sideshow on the BBB website and they have an A+ rating. Perhaps if more people logged complaints on that site Sideshow would step up their game.

Dude that is really MESSED UP! I have 2 PFs which are perfect but have 4 1/5 on the way. Ill be crossing my fingers and anything i can for these to come flawless lol

I wish you luck! I've had 2 returns shipped out to me. Heck, my Terminator bust wasn't even wrapped in plastic, although it was shown in plastic in their "unwrapped" video. You're basically hit or miss when converting off the WL. I take everything SS tells me with a grain of salt.

After my roughly 10 years of collecting from sideshow I can say from my experience that I wouldn't believe a word that their CS reps tell you. It's all just cut and paste responses that if you pay attention to the forums can be proven wrong, misleading or outright lies.....

They get away with it since for sometime they were really the only game in town, but now with other companies such as P1 which they get a cut out of now and XM which they apparently hate cause of some infringement issues years ago...

You see it more and more that people are going elsewhere for their product since they don't seem to really want to improve, but they don't seem to need to as their product ES keep going up along with their prices....it's crazy what hype will do and why companies refuse to improve other then improve or increase the selling price and ES's....lol.

They still are the most reasonably priced company out there, but there's reasons why (crap packaging and crap QC) and it also seems the reasonable price aspect it disappearing quickly.

I for one am sick of the cut and paste responses and have moved on for the most part to XM and a couple P1 pieces and think the only pieces I've ordered from them in the last couple years is the Hulk/Wolverine and last modern Thor PF which of course had so many issues that I should of just sent it back or smashed it.
Oh yeah and the new Green Goblin which also had a couple issues that the CS dude refuses to listen to me how it could be fixed and wanted to send pieces that I knew wouldn't help....lol.

Guess how many issues I've had with XM after receiving 6+ pieces.........Zero, and it's so nice to open a collectible that has packaging that does the statue justice and not cheap foam and inserts that usually end up in pieces after only one opening....lol

Last edited:
Back