Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll just leave this here to rub it in a bit, glad for those who are interested and can get this for what I think is a fair price :)

Conan Fury of the Beast was 500$ back then, but was considered already more than fair. Considering the different license (Marvel is more expensive) and price hikes of the last years, I'd say 700$.

I hate pricing discussions but a general rule of them with collectibles, if it's a popular piece a comparison piece 7 years ago, expect to pay double

just how margins and inflation work on average

general rule of 72

take 72 divide by

your inflation / interest / markup rate per annum

to figure out the number of years an item / asset will double on average

-----

so a comparable product such as Hulk Comiquette - released 2010 - price tag $369.99

six years later... expect to pay close to double if you are using a healthy inflation / markup rate of at least 10% per year

72/10 = 7 years

this will ship by 2017

so $369.99 * 2 = $739.99

oh wait theres another figure ... WOLVERINE oops...

well since he is much smaller than HULK standing at 5'3

his average comqiuette released way back when went for $199.99 .... safe to say double that... $399.99

there might even be 2 WOLVERINEs included
HULK (739.99) + WOLVERINE (399.99) + depending on the exclusive is another wolverine piece or base... another $200-300

ur looking at least = $1139.99 or $1339.99 if 2 Wolverines included. They might do a rewards points rebate for early adopters

now can we please stop talking about price. just don't expect this to be cheaper than Galactus or Sentinel which were released years ago...

I'll just leave this here to rub it in a bit, glad for those who are interested and can get this for what I think is a fair price :)

LOL!

rub it in all you want, its an empirical model. if you scrolled down you noticed I mentioned so, I didn't say it was their pricing method I said it was an estimate given we don't have their financials.

I guessed the price of Dark Phoenix... Ill rub that in your face too

Also the Hulk Comiquette is 23", this is 23" which I didn't know at the time.

So yeah prices have doubled in 7 years.

$369.99 * 2

2010 vs 2016

shy of 7 years

pretty good estimate still

LOL!

rub it in all you want, its an empirical model. if you scrolled down you noticed I mentioned so, I didn't say it was their pricing method I said it was an estimate given we don't have their financials.

I guessed the price of Dark Phoenix... Ill rub that in your face too

Also the Hulk Comiquette is 23", this is 23" which I didn't know at the time.

So yeah prices have doubled in 7 years.

$369.99 * 2

2010 vs 2016

shy of 7 years

pretty good estimate still

Lol come on, don't be so ****, it was just a funny thing. You were completely wrong and I was right. I don't doubt it's an empirical model and you know your thing, you just don't know the factors to take into account when manifacturing these things.
(Also: you guessed the price of a PF that went on preorder at the same price point of all other PFs of the same year, not very impressive, but yeah I was just making fun of you)

why don't you actually post my other posts clarifying?

Ill find it for you... I forgot to make adjustments for currency conversion

both pieces are 23" inches and prices have DOUBLED almost in 7 years. That is the point is it not?

Man, had I know, I wouldn't have posted.
This is the full exchange and no, you weren't right and no, not even close as an estimate.
And, no, sky isn't falling and earth isn't shattering - was just a joke :)

now can we please stop talking about price. just don't expect this to be cheaper than Galactus or Sentinel which were released years ago...

I forgot to take into account the USD currency appreciation of 32% since 2010... so it might be $999.99 after all... after rewards or before.

That analysis is meaningless.
Going by the same logic, the X Men vs Sentinel diorama should have been much more expensive back then than the Wolvie vs Sabretooth diorama - you know, Colossus is a bigger character, there's a whole Sentinel head. It was just 50$ more.
Still going by the same logic, the Conan Fury of the Beast should have been $1000 back in 2012, yet it was $500.
Whatever those made up numbers are, they just don't take into account what goes into making statues.

But hey, I won't stop anyone who wants to panic over nothing.

Ok well wait and see..

They aren't perfect models but a guideline

Also you mentioning Conan piece doesn't really make sense because you have nothing in relation to compare it to

No one has the COGS figures, or financials.

I am simply talking about the TVM which is probably the most reasonable approach

$369.99

72/ 7 years

interest / inflation of 10.28% per annum

6 years to be exact compounded annually

=$665.53

Yes my estimate was a lot more accurate than yours. dumbass.

both pieces 23" inches

the USD is worth actually 32% more in todays dollars.

so in FVM = $878 if we are comparing apples to apples.

Lol, here it goes with the triggered passive-aggressive replies.
Let me tick you a little bit more - you guessed 999, 1139 and 1339. I guessed 700. I was more accurate without years of studies in stuff that has nothing to share with this stuff we're talking about. Peace brother, world goes on.

Conan piece is 27"

Hulk Comiquette is 23"

a better comparison

so yeah once again you are dumb.

Amd finally we know. You guys had me worried for weeks on thos price estimates[emoji28].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, here it goes with the triggered passive-aggressive replies.
Let me tick you a little bit more - you guessed 999, 1139 and 1339. I guessed 700. I was more accurate without years of studies in stuff that has nothing to share with this stuff we're talking about. Peace brother, world goes on.

I guessed 899.99

adjusted for inflation and currency conversion in relation to the Hulk Comiquette, it is $878.

Also more expensive than Galactus.

Conan piece is 27"

Hulk Comiquette is 23"

a better comparison

so yeah once again you are dumb.

I'll tell you a secret: height is not a determining factor in pricing for manifacturing these things.
Volume and number of parts (<complexity) are determining factors.
Conan is 27" for Conan's placement with the lifted weapon. Just change Conan's position (which doesn't change the volume and number of parts of the statue) to match Wolverine's positioning in this diorama, and you get a close enough copy of the diorama that you can use as a base.
Factor in the increased costs and the more expensive license, and you get a good approximation - which is what I did. And it worked.

I'd tell you that you are dumb, but you probably are not, you just have no clue. With your logic a 30" stick with half inch of diameter should cost 1500$, just saying.

EDIT: no, you guessed 999 and above. Also, Galactus was 799$, so you're still wrong about that too. Lol, wat.

I'll tell you a secret: height is not a determining factor in pricing for manifacturing these things.
Volume and number of parts (<complexity) are determining factors.
Conan is 27" for Conan's placement with the lifted weapon. Just change Conan's position (which doesn't change the volume and number of parts of the statue) to match Wolverine's positioning in this diorama, and you get a close enough copy of the diorama that you can use as a base.
Factor in the increased costs and the more expensive license, and you get a good approximation - which is what I did. And it worked.

I'd tell you that you are dumb, but you probably are not, you just have no clue. With your logic a 30" stick with half inch of diameter should cost 1500$, just saying.

Ill tell you a secret, in finance 101 you price things based on models and estimates. Not at one time did I compare Conan piece to Hulk.

You did.

Everything else about volume coming from you is a joke.

you thought this was 27" it is not.

My troll may have failed but my guestimate was only 50.00 shy.
I have been redeemed.
Ill see you guys on the scramble to secure this piece. Good luck to all you good people....on your mark

Back