Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Rory.

Interesting. First of all, sucks that they didn't make Luke with the short pro. Secondly, it's crazy how much of a difference it makes to the height when the pieces are not pushed in all the way!

Someone else may have already done this, but this looks like a pretty good height comparison, if anyone wants to attempt to make them more accurate. Though considering that the pants are likely the same, this may make one look wonky.

IdFGuDO.jpg

Has anyone purchased both blue and brown? Did SS allow purchase of both exclusives? (It says one per customer but I'm guessing that just means one of each color).

here you go, for what it's worth.

Obviously the weathering would be finished off once the figure is in hand. I also boiled and flexed the soles to get some wrinkles in the upper, similar to what I did with HT Indy boots - although they don't show up that well in the pic.

Nice job. I'll take fabric boots over sculpted any day of the week.

Has anyone purchased both blue and brown? Did SS allow purchase of both exclusives? (It says one per customer but I'm guessing that just means one of each color).

I did. They're two separate products so that rule isn't an issue. :)

I did. They're two separate products so that rule isn't an issue. :)

Thanks, toying with the idea of buying a second to get both coats and parting out the rest to sell, having the second head sculpt would help in making more of my $$ back, it would also give me a crack at picking the best of both head sculpts.

Well I held out for quite awhile... but finally had to cancel this thing. Even if I do still believe it could make for a cool display after a bit of modding and weathering, I just have a hard time working up much excitement for it anymore. Especially when there are so many cooler figures (or even custom outfit sets) I could spend that money on instead.

I do still look forward to seeing all the in-hand pics and mods though. :)

Funny. I'm not as excited for this as I am Luke now. Maybe too many pics and nit picks. Hopefully it ships soon as my will against canceling is waning.

Thanks for posting the link to the video, jjosdom. I hadn't seen that one yet. Yikes, Optibotimus really manhandles the figures, doesn't he! I was wincing the whole time when he was showing how the joints move! :lol

I'm still eager to get him. I want to see those eyes for myself. In some photos it looks fine, heck even pretty good. But in some others it looks terrible. I wonder which one it will be in real life. I'm also eager to try some futzing on him like fixing the gauntlets and the bunching up of his sleeves. I wonder if taking the Bespin jacket off underneath would help.

I guess I can give ss some credit on the sculpt, but jeez! Couldn't they at least put some life into the eyes?? They look so.....dead. At least position them differently.

Yeah the original squintier eyes might not have been much, but at least it was something. It not only looked kinda cool, but it actually seemed appropriate for the windy and extreme weather of Hoth. But now Sideshow has taken away even that much. Lol.

Yeah the original squintier eyes might not have been much, but at least it was something. It not only looked kinda cool, but it actually seemed appropriate for the windy and extreme weather of Hoth. But now Sideshow has taken away even that much. Lol.

Dave, once these are in our hands and more photos are posted, would you change your mind about acquiring one? I ask, because I'm on the fence myself with this figure.

Well I never say never, but I kinda doubt it. There was not only the issue with the eyes and the cheap fringe around the hood, but pretty much the entire outfit as well, which is just not looking nearly as cool or impressive as I hoped it would.

But to be fair, I was never a diehard fan of the Hoth costumes to begin with, so I'm probably not the best person to judge by. :)

Back