Sideshow Ghostface Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really sure what other accessories Ghost Face would have other than maybe a cell phone. Price isn’t bad for what this is. It’s a pretty basic and bare bones release.

Ordered from Timewalker. Interesting this doesn't have "Scream" mentioned anywhere in the description. Also, wondering if it comes with a stand. If so, will "Scream" be anywhere on it?

Ordered from Timewalker. Interesting this doesn't have "Scream" mentioned anywhere in the description. Also, wondering if it comes with a stand. If so, will "Scream" be anywhere on it?

It's a licensing issue. No, 'Scream' will not be featured anywhere on it.

Going to get a “scream” decal made for my stand I haven’t had one done in a long time who on here makes high quality decals?

So now I'm wondering: Just how accurate to the first film is this figure? Does the NECA Ultimate version trump this one? NECA is usually such a stickler for details, I'd almost wager that theirs is more accurate, screen-wise.

While not perfect, this easily has the best Mask sculpt of any licensed figure produced to date, and the body proportions look best.

From what I've seen, I'd rank them this way.

1. Sideshow
2. NECA Retro
3. NECA Ultimate
4. NECA Scream 4
5. McFarlane

I think the sash/belt-thing on the Sideshow figure is throwing me off. It wasn't in the first film that I can recall. Interesting, MaulFan that you list NECA's retro above the Ultimate. I wondered about the short length of the robe on that one myself.

UPDATE: Just watched a bit of the first film, and while we have to assume there's two people (maybe more) wearing the costume, the length of the robe on the NECA Ultimate looks to be the most accurate.

What hurst the NECA ultimate for me is the shoulders, they look very broad.

This is my ideal look.

S1_00100.jpg

S1_00151.jpg

S1_00185.jpg

If you take the belt off, I think the Sideshow will just about nail it.

ghost-face_ghost-face_gallery_5f762ce6afca9.jpg

NECA-Scream-8-Inch-Ghostface-001.jpg

NECA-Ultimate-Ghostface-001.jpg

41OV7AYzkSL.jpg

scream---ghost-face---mcfarlane-movie-maniacs--loose--p-image-347668-grande.jpg

Wow, I see what you mean. I never looked at the shoulders.

It's felt like a small mission to get a proper Ghostface. I missed the NECA Retro years back when they first released it, I felt lucky to get an order in for one of the new release, before I even knew Sideshow was doing one, still getting it, but the Sideshow will be the king of the collection.

The NECA Scream 4 isn't bad, but the early release of it had a cloth lower half to the robe and looked dumb with all sculpted upper body, and I never knew of or was able to get the rerelease of it with full sculpted robe.

So here's the thing, this isn't a Scream figure, it's a Ghost Face figure.

Here's the licensor info.

Ghost Face? is a registered trademark of Easter Unlimited, Inc./Fun World Div. All Rights Reserved.

Now, I'm not surprised if the lack of it is error, but it could also be a licensor specification that it not be there. Same with the belt, no belt used in the film but it's on all figures.

Man, this licensing issue is making my head spin. In all honesty - I simply can't afford this Sideshow version, so if I want a 'Scream' figure... I think I'll just go with NECA's Toony Terror one. :lol

Who cares about a Scream logo, I certainly don't. The point is, this figure looks great and the price is right. The shimmer on the costume is a tiny bit disappointing but again, who cares. This is an awesome 1/6 Ghostface and we all know who he/she is from the movies. Awesome job, Sideshow! Now please fix the Myers hairline on your 1/6 figure

I don't think anyone is caring about the logo, but wanting the figure to reflect what's on screen, where figures seem to be mainly driven by the source costume that was used.

If you watch the video I linked, Craven found the mask and wanted to use it and ultimately had to work with the original makers. They own it, he borrowed it, but any one trying to make figures needs to work with the costume company.

I found it cool to learn the makers are out of my home state of MA.

I didn't even notice that was a video. I thought you posted the group pic. Going to check that out, thanks. I scrolled too quick as I was excited by the reveal

Price is definitely not right. Its overpriced. There are no headsculpt, no alternative mask, no accessories. It comes with a mask and 2 knives for Christ's sake. In a world where Threezero Rambo (great headsculpt, tons of accessories) priced 200 bucks this shouldnt be more than 180.

And i dont think licence is expensive. Neca versions have standard prices.

Back