Sideshow gets Terminator Salvation licence

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Sideshow is capable of doing something like a 1/6 scale Endoskeleton. I'm no Sideshow basher. Their sculpting is usually good and they do some nice figures, but in terms of engineering skills, I just don't see it. Just look at what Hot Toys gave us for Terminator 1 and what Sideshow gave us for Terminator 2. They're not even in the same league (likeness issues aside). Of course it's true that the Hot Toys stuff was a lot more expensive at the time, but Sideshow seems to be closing that gap now.

Well after Hot toys I don't think anyone need bother trying to do an endoskeleton figure ever again. The only way that figure could be better would be if it was actually made of chrome metal...and could hold the guns better without losing the finger articulation.

I'll have to wait and see what the movie looks like, they may have some ^^^^ty designs in there, just don't know yet.
I just wish Sideshow would finish what they started and give us a 1:6 scale Biker Cop T-1000 and a battle damaged T-800 already.

The official press release is out, and there's NO 1:6 SCALE FIGURES!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thousand Oaks, California (July, 2008) - World leader in the manufacturing of licensed and proprietary product, Sideshow Collectibles has signed to create a new line of product for the upcoming Halcion film Terminator Salvation. After the success of The Terminator in 1984, a sequel film was released in 1991, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, followed by Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines in 2003. The franchise has since grown to include video games, books, graphic novels and The Sarah Conner Chronicles television series. Excitement continues to build for the release of Terminator Salvation, slated for release in May 2009. Sideshow's license will allow the production of Premium Format figures, Maquettes, Dioramas and Life-size Busts.
Screw that!
There's nothing I would buy from this line now.

This so blows. I would kill for a Bale Connor 1/6. Sideshow, I'm so dissapointed in you. But you can make up for it by making some more T2 figures.

Back