Statue Sideshow General Obi-Wan Mythos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will still pre-order it today, not too sure why they went the cheap way with the helmet, when we could of gotten another head sculpt, possibly mullet Obi-Wan.

I don't think it compares to the first Mythos Obi-Wan, but the cape for this one will be staying in the box for sure.

Not impressed by this at all. Really like Assajj right out of the gate, all the others have been severe letdowns.

Honda Civic is a great car.

A big part of the problem is the price. granted the original Kenobi Mythos was sold 7-8 years ago but still this new one is more than twice the price

I would not buy a 2020 Civic for the price of a 2012 Ferrari :rotfl

Decent looking statue but it's basically a generic Clone Wars Kenobi as opposed to a Mythos with his nards getting roasted. Nobody will use the exclusive. If I had the original I might be tempted by this just to display them together.

For me the new Maul is the most desirable of the new line because of the character. The Ventress statue looks great I just don't really want a statue of her. The Emperor statue is just bad.

Decent looking statue but it's basically a generic Clone Wars Kenobi as opposed to a Mythos with his nards getting roasted. Nobody will use the exclusive. If I had the original I might be tempted by this just to display them together.

For me the new Maul is the most desirable of the new line because of the character. The Ventress statue looks great I just don't really want a statue of her. The Emperor statue is just bad.

I think the Emperor and Ventress look fantastic! For me Maul is the least desirable. It's funny how divisive this line is compared to the previous Mythos collection. That one was universally acclaimed. Although I do remember there was hate for the Mythos Vader because of the ES, yet now it's selling double its retail price.

I think the Emperor and Ventress look fantastic! For me Maul is the least desirable. It's funny how divisive this line is compared to the previous Mythos collection. That one was universally acclaimed. Although I do remember there was hate for the Mythos Vader because of the ES, yet now it's selling double its retail price.

Yep i don't like much about the Emperor. The lightning hand is weird looking, I hate look of the mix of cloth and sculpted robes, and I dislike the levitating pose. The Ventress is great, I just don't want a statue of her. The Maul statue I like a lot overall, but I really hate his organic human looking feet.

Am I the only one that thinks the headsculpt looks bad? Not that I'm going to get this as the price and that the entire mythos line looks kinda cheesy, especially compared to the first line. I actually think the helmet helps the statue.

The statue has a few issues, the head sculpt is not one of them.

Am I the only one that thinks the headsculpt looks bad? Not that I'm going to get this as the price and that the entire mythos line looks kinda cheesy, especially compared to the first line. I actually think the helmet helps the statue.

I dont like the hair cut and the sunburned complexion paint, but sculpt looks really really good to me.

Giving this a bump as my final flex payment is in a few weeks.

Honestly at this point, just waiting for the "your item has been delayed" e-mail.

Headsculpt looks a little shiny, hoping that is just the camera and the fire effects are still bad but love the weathering on the armor

Got him in this morning and got around to unboxing him now.

A little disappointed, compared to their recent Mythos Ventress and Maul, fantastic pieces, this kinda comes up a bit short. The shading and darkness on the white armor is a bit much, the portrait is nothing compared to the original Mythos Kenobi (one of my favorite collectibles) and the flame effects are bad.

Saying that, I don't hate it, the General Kenobi armor is one of my favorite looks for a character in Star Wars, up there with Phase 2 Rex and Bespin Luke for me, and I'm not sure if we'll ever see another statue in his armor like this, at least not anytime soon. It isn't an ugly piece, just doesn't have the presence that their Mythos Ventress has.

I'll probably be displaying him without the flame effects and cloak for now too.

Sideshow knows it can do better and it feels like they half-assed this a bit.

Sorry to hear that. I know you were looking forward to it. Post some pics when you get the chance.
I stayed away from this and Ashoka. Just didn't have that WOW factor. Have general Obi from by and Awhile coming from HT. Maybe get the the SS General Obi.

Back