Statue Sideshow Galactus maquette 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the look of the head/helmet, but don't like the look of the body/armor at all...

Not something I would've bought, but glad to not really like it either.... :lol

26" tall, which is about 8"-10" smaller than what I was expecting. Also no EX or mini-statues. It makes sense to keep the price down. Will stick with the original. As a standalone this one is fine. It might also look good with the Bowen FF and Silver Surfer mini statues. I purchased those to display with the original Maquette, which is still in the box. Iron Studios will probably produce Fantastic Four statues at some point, if not an entire Galactus diorama.

I liked the teaser pics a lot!

Now ...I'm on the fence. The size is a tad disappointing. The details on his suit is a bit much. I have to think about it.

I like the look of the head/helmet, but don't like the look of the body/armor at all...

Not something I would've bought, but glad to not really like it either.... :lol

Yeah I was super excited to get this as my first Galactius to be alongside the new silver surfer premium format, however, I am not really feeling the body.

This will go well with my Bowen collection. I know many of you are disappointed with the size. Hopefully, XM releases a towering Galactus for those that wanted a larger scale. For me personally, this works well. I only have 30 inches of clearance to display Big G with my Bowen pieces. This MAQ fills the bill and leaves me about 3 to 4 inches of clearance. Even though I think the OG MAQ is better, I can't make it work. It's too tall. I really do like the new MAQ. I think it's an impressive looking piece. I'll be adding it to my collection down the line.

I'm definitely not ordering this directly from sideshow. After taxes and shipping, this would cost me around a $1000. This piece isn't worth a G. I'll try and pick it up in the aftermarket for less or see if another retailer is selling this for a price I can live with. There's no EX feature so there's certainly no hurry to pull the trigger on this.

This will go well with my Bowen collection. I know many of you are disappointed with the size. Hopefully, XM releases a towering Galactus for those that wanted a larger scale. For me personally, this works well. I only have 30 inches of clearance to display Big G with my Bowen pieces. This MAQ fills the bill and leaves me about 3 to 4 inches of clearance. Even though I think the OG MAQ is better, I can't make it work. It's too tall. I really do like the new MAQ. I think it's an impressive looking piece. I'll be adding it to my collection down the line.

I'm definitely not ordering this directly from sideshow. After taxes and shipping, this would cost me around a $1000. This piece isn't worth a G. I'll try and pick it up in the aftermarket for less or see if another retailer is selling this for a price I can live with. There's no EX feature so there's certainly no hurry to pull the trigger on this.

Any xm studios galactus would be too expensive. I would hope that Prime 1 does one that's at least 40 inches tall.

It might work with Bowen's FF and Silver Surfer mini statues. I've been planning to display those with the original Galactus maquette when I eventually pull it out from storage. I think the only drawback is this Galactus is depicted as being several thousand feet tall with buildings melting beneath him. That's probably why SS didn't include Silver Surfer or Nova, as they would be ant sized. I recall when Bowen was working on a 3' or 4' tall Galactus years ago. I believe he thought it would be too expensive at the time. I agree an XM Galactus would probably be pretty costly. I don't know about Prime 1. I still think an Iron Studios Galactus dio is the more likely scenario.

It might work with Bowen's FF and Silver Surfer mini statues. I've been planning to display those with the original Galactus maquette when I eventually pull it out from storage. I think the only drawback is this Galactus is depicted as being several thousand feet tall with buildings melting beneath him. That's probably why SS didn't include Silver Surfer or Nova, as they would be ant sized. I recall when Bowen was working on a 3' or 4' tall Galactus years ago. I believe he thought it would be too expensive at the time. I agree an XM Galactus would probably be pretty costly. I don't know about Prime 1. I still think an Iron Studios Galactus dio is the more likely scenario.

I wouldn't mind seeing Prime 1 trying to tackle Big G. They already make huge 1/3 statues anyways, and we just need them to make him so that he dwarfs a 1/4 statue. I know that we'll never get a true to scale 1/4 Big G, but at least not make him tall enough that SS maquette is just 1" shorter.

I wouldn't mind seeing Prime 1 trying to tackle Big G. They already make huge 1/3 statues anyways, and we just need them to make him so that he dwarfs a 1/4 statue. I know that we'll never get a true to scale 1/4 Big G, but at least not make him tall enough that SS maquette is just 1" shorter.

Hopefully he shows up in the MCU and not as a cloud. That would increase the chances of us getting a Giant one

The new MAQ would definitely work well with mini statues. I think if Iron Studios releases a 1/10 Silver Surfer and a FF set, they would go perfectly with this MAQ. I definitely think it'll look great with my Bowen collection too. Hell, the MAQ will still dwarf all the other BD statues in my collection. That'll be good enough for me. I'm going to sell off my Bowen Mistress Death, Odin, and modern Adam Warlock to make the space I need for him. That'll allow me to display him between my Bowen IG Thanos and chrome museum Surfer.

Prime 1 doing Galactus would be epic but I don't think they're doing Marvel statues anymore. XM and Iron Studios would probably be our best bet when it comes to seeing another Galactus release. Ang from XM already stated they're looking to offer Galactus sometime next year. IS could release a dio. Something like their X-MEN vs Sentinel dio. Either way, sideshow is going to release this new MAQ as is. Collectors are going to have to wait if they want something bigger (or they can pickup the OG MAQ in the aftermarket).

Total fail on sideshows part. This doesn't even compare to OG Galactus.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

new photo

Attachments

• assc.jpg
    assc.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 0
Back