Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what version pcs will do in 1/3..

Part 2 or 7 or GTFO

Lol I better start saving just in case.....

CJ never looked that big in part 6. He packed on some size after he retired. I think that first shot is from 2009:)

the other guy who played Jason in part 6 was a fat slob lol :)

CJ looked big in the opening but when he tucked in his shirt and put on his utility belt he looked very thin (Where is that scene in the film :) )

Jason never looked like he had pecks in part 6

I am not saying he was small but he did not look as "big" as other actors in the role. Part six was the lean ninja Jason :)

According to Wiki CJ played Jason in the Alice Cooper video "Man Behind the Mask" AS we know Alice is not giant..

cj2.jpg

jason-and-alice.jpg

I think CJ packed on some size after he retired.

View attachment 176189

Hmmm so when he played the character he was not bulky yet... If that's the case this may work. He's growing on me for sure. The more I see the more me likey. Hope this will have the same ES as the original :lol

CJ didn't play Jason in Part III though, so that doesn't matter in this situation.

Lol I better start saving just in case.....

Hmmm so when he played the character he was not bulky yet... If that's the case this may work. He's growing on me for sure. The more I see the more me likey. Hope this will have the same ES as the original :lol

Just saw the pics of this and it is an easy pass for me. Don't get me wrong, it looks like a great piece to own if you are an must have anything and everything Jason fan. But if you are going to label this with a specific film version, than the piece needs to refect that and this does not. It's almost there but like others have pointed out, the pose does not go with Brooker's Jason. But more importantly, that neck/head/mask is completely off. The body and clothes looks good but damn it if they dropped the ball on everything else. Looks more like another artist interpretation of Jason. I hope this will not reflect what they will do with the 1/6 figures. Last few releases from sideshow is like they do not have the full license or something. It's crazy when a company like NECA can have an almost perfect movie accurate 7 inch figure and sideshow just can't seem to nail this in PF scale.

Agreed, hate it when they stylize an icon. We want the film version...the more accurate the better.

PCS just mentioned they are looking into a 1/3 scale Jason.

Last edited:
CJ never looked that big in part 6. He packed on some size after he retired. I think that first shot is from 2009:)

the other guy who played Jason in part 6 was a fat slob lol :)

CJ looked big in the opening but when he tucked in his shirt and put on his utility belt he looked very thin (Where is that scene in the film :) )

Jason never looked like he had pecks in part 6

I am not saying he was small but he did not look as "big" as other actors in the role. Part six was the lean ninja Jason :)

According to Wiki CJ played Jason in the Alice Cooper video "Man Behind the Mask" AS we know Alice is not giant..

cj2.jpg

jason-and-alice.jpg

I think CJ packed on some size after he retired.

View attachment 176189

C.J was fit but lean. Had muscles, but not bodybuilder like. Also he never tucked in his shirt in part 6, just put on the utility belt(offscreen) after he killed the paint ball group. Throughout the film, C.J Jason looked "slimed" and in shape minus the paintball scene where it was someone else under that costume....

CJ didn't play Jason in Part III though, so that doesn't matter in this situation.

My point when I made it was that many were saying that Jason was never that Skinny... I say he was...

Agreed, hate it when they stylize an icon. We want the film version...the more accurate the better.

PCS just mentioned they are looking into a 1/3 scale Jason.

Thing is... That Icon changed from film to film... He never looked the same... Just pretend this is the way Jason will look in a new movie ;)

Sure it has part 3 on it's title but it obviously is not meant to be a true part 3 sculpt..

I think that is why I don't mind it... Jason has looked different from film to film in size, shape, hair, face deformities, hockey masks etc.. etc... etc.. Then there are the comics, books, posters, toys and other statues... That there really is no single Iconic look... Everyone has a fav.

This piece seems to be a combination of a few films... Part 3, 4, and 6 to be exact.

But I get how it's not for everyone. I just don't think Stylizing this Icon is that big a deal... It's not like messing with Indiana Jones or Darth Vader.

I think part of my dislike of this statue is that it reminds me of poor attempts at likenesses. See, Cinema Screams beat Sideshow to the 'Stylized" Jason along time ago...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Ummm Yeah.... No.

Actually the Cinema Screams boring pose and the small holes in the mask remind me of SSC original Part 3 Jason :)

J/K

Kind of.

My point when I made it was that many were saying that Jason was never that Skinny... I say he was...

Thing is... That Icon changed from film to film... He never looked the same... Just pretend this is the way Jason will look in a new movie ;)

Sure it has part 3 on it's title but it obviously is not meant to be a true part 3 sculpt..

I think that is why I don't mind it... Jason has looked different from film to film in size, shape, hair, face deformities, hockey masks etc.. etc... etc.. Then there are the comics, books, posters, toys and other statues... That there really is no single Iconic look... Everyone has a fav.

This piece seems to be a combination of a few films... Part 3, 4, and 6 to be exact.

But I get how it's not for everyone. I just don't think Stylizing this Icon is that big a deal... It's not like messing with Indiana Jones or Darth Vader.

Agree with most your view except labeling part. If you are going to label and market this from a specific film, then the product should reflect that. If not, the call it what it is, an artist interpretation. I think for us old timers who has been longing for a true film specific part 3 PF, this has been a disappiontment. Yes Jason changes looks from film to film, but in part 3, he only had one look (mostly) and this is not it. Really hope the new 1/6 figures shines......if they actually do them.

Agree with most your view except labeling part. If you are going to label and market this from a specific film, then the product should reflect that. If not, the call it what it is, an artist interpretation. I think for us old timers who has been longing for a true film specific part 3 PF, this has been a disappiontment. Yes Jason changes looks from film to film, but in part 3, he only had one look (mostly) and this is not it. Really hope the new 1/6 figures shines......if they actually do them.

Exactly, my favorite Jason versions are part 3, 6, and 7. I don't want a mix of them or anything. I just want a Jason that looks like he came out of a specific movie and not some artistic stylized version. This obviously looks like it is based on part 3 but it does not look like it came straight out of the movie like I was hoping for...too many issues that bug me. Hoping official pics can do it more justice though and he has more bulk.

Exactly, my favorite Jason versions are part 3, 6, and 7. I don't want a mix of them or anything. I just want a Jason that looks like he came out of a specific movie and not some artistic stylized version. This obviously looks like it is based on part 3 but it does not look like it came straight out of the movie like I was hoping for...too many issues that bug me. Hoping official pics can do it more justice though and he has more bulk.

Did both of you guys miss the original Part 3 PF or was it just not to your liking???

I guess I was not as surprised when it was called Legend of Crystal Lake and it being "part III" was just a little blurb in the corner of the photo.

Part 3 and Part 7 are my fav versions of Jason... I would agree that if they basically did the same statue with all the paint apps and overall pose but made a perfect replica of part 3 Jason then I would really have been floored...

As is, I thing it's the best Jason statue made to date... Film Accuracy or not.

But as I have stated before, I absolutely get why this piece is not for everyone. If I had a strong desire to have a perfect 1/4 scale of Jason in my collection then I would have been let down also.

C.J was fit but lean. Had muscles, but not bodybuilder like. Also he never tucked in his shirt in part 6, just put on the utility belt(offscreen) after he killed the paint ball group. Throughout the film, C.J Jason looked "slimed" and in shape minus the paintball scene where it was someone else under that costume....

Ahh look at that.... In the film I always thought it looked like his shirt was tucked in because of the utility belt...

He was by far the slimmest Jason in the series (Post Hockey mask).

He was never my Fav Jason as he played the part a tad to robotic for me. I always liked 3, 4 and Kane in 7. Kane began to overdo all the cool stuff he did in 7 in part 8 and Goes to hell... He regained it a bit in X.

Did both of you guys miss the original Part 3 PF or was it just not to your liking???

I guess I was not as surprised when it was called Legend of Crystal Lake and it being "part III" was just a little blurb in the corner of the photo.

Part 3 and Part 7 are my fav versions of Jason... I would agree that if they basically did the same statue with all the paint apps and overall pose but made a perfect replica of part 3 Jason then I would really have been floored...

As is, I thing it's the best Jason statue made to date... Film Accuracy or not.

But as I have stated before, I absolutely get why this piece is not for everyone. If I had a strong desire to have a perfect 1/4 scale of Jason in my collection then I would have been let down also.

Thanks for understanding us Jaws. I wonder if the people in charge at Sideshow are adjusting the new Freddy PF at this point to make it less stylized and more film accurate since this piece is getting somewhat raked over the coals with people not being too happy with the final result of it being a good representation of Jason. IMO to keep horror collectors content the new Freddy PF had better closely represent Robert Englund because if they go off from that likeness in the sculpt then they are royally Scr#$ed. There should be nothing cartoony or stylized about Freddy and imo they still have time to SLIGHTLY improve this Jason sculpt and it could make all the difference: beef him up, more accurate mask, tilt head slightly up, give us a wicked Ex and then he would be great imo.

Ya know... I know it's not a statue and it's been around forever and everyone knows about it...but I always love to sing the praises of the 18" Neca part 7 Jason. Still IMO the most accurate film Sculpts of Jason (other then that HUGE triangle on the mask). I do wish this was a PF... This was mine but I sold it when I got into statues. If SSC would do a mixed media statue of this then I would go nuts!!

P1090585.jpg

P1090579.jpg

P1090583.jpg

Ya know... I know it's not a statue and it's been around forever and everyone knows about it...but I always love to sing the praises of the 18" Neca part 7 Jason. Still IMO the most accurate film Sculpts of Jason (other then that HUGE triangle on the mask). I do wish this was a PF... This was mine but I sold it when I got into statues. If SSC would do a mixed media statue of this then I would go nuts!!

View attachment 176255

View attachment 176256

View attachment 176257

Wow!!!!!! Wow!!!! So freaking cool the zombie face!!! Is this a PF???

Back