Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're custom, made from Sideshow original hilt and color CCFL. An inverter powers the CCFL at 800-1000v, while the inverter itself is powered from a 12v transformer you plug into the your standard wall outlet.

Just got it.... annnd missing a tusk....... :gah:

What holds the cod piece in? Because that has completely fallen off the belt as well. Not happy with the initial QC!

Last edited:
Cool looking figure, but I'm glad I passed. Perfectly happy with my ANH modded figure.

The cod piece has it's own belt, with a velcro clasp at the back. It seems to be real leather too.

That is what I mean though, the cod piece itself has come off the belt on one side, the glue came undone. Kind of sloppy.

I found the tusk in the box.... any advice on re-attaching it? I don't want to leave glue residue everywhere.

After waiting for 2 months after the US released for my pre-order from Hobby Link Japan. I decided to cancel it and order direct from Sideshow. Being at the opposite side of the world. I was worried that my Vader will come with a broken tusk or something. Thankfully it arrived after 5 days and no broken parts. Except for the bad quality paint job on the spare helmet. I noticed in the packaging, the plastic cover on Vader's body. There's a square cut opening in front of Vader's face. This must be to avoid contact that cause the tusk to break. I'm not sure if the early shipping was done like this.

After watching some unboxing video. I can say, Sideshow improve there shipping method.

1. The plastic cover was modified to avoid contact with the tusk.
2. They use a bigger shipping box. 20"x12"x13.
3. Using long crumpled paper on all sides to absorb impact.

Good job Sideshow!

Unfortunately mine came broken. The clamshell packaging around the corners was tight around the tusks and it broke off probably during transit. Luckily it sat on the cape. There is also some slight scraping on the grill. Not sure if I should even ask for a replacement because it seems like an easy fix.

DSC_0541_zpsad9f7479.jpg

DSC_0543_zpsfff694ef.jpg

DSC_0542_zpsbb2cfff5.jpg

Unfortunately mine came broken. The clamshell packaging around the corners was tight around the tusks and it broke off probably during transit. Luckily it sat on the cape. There is also some slight scraping on the grill. Not sure if I should even ask for a replacement because it seems like an easy fix.

DSC_0541_zpsad9f7479.jpg

DSC_0543_zpsfff694ef.jpg

DSC_0542_zpsbb2cfff5.jpg

It's fortunate your tusk only popped out and didn't really break. Easy fix. I'm not seeing the scrapes on the grill but you could try rubbing them out with rubbing compound. Up to you if you want a replacement. I'm sure Sideshow would oblige, considering the amount of replacements they've had to issue already. Good luck.

The finish isn't smooth on the bottom edge, right beside the broken tusk. When I run a finger along the bottom, it feels jagged like scraped metal/plastic. Other than those issues, I'm impressed with the figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone figured out how to properly unbunch the crotch and thighs on Vader's rubber suit? I can't seem to remove the shin guards to pull them down.

The shin guards are glued to the rubber "tube" that makes up the upper part of the boot. The whole thing should pull down right off the leg AFTER first removing the foot/shoe.

You will have to pad the upper thigh and crotch for best results in removing the bunching. I feel it's a combination of the base body and tailoring/design of the suit causing the issue. I've also restitched the suit in the crotch area to help, but padding is still required.

Oh jeez. No way I'm doing any stitching.

So i should be able to remove the foot, take off the guard and pad the thighs without breaking any glue or doing any serious modding that would require something resembling skill?

So i should be able to remove the foot, take off the guard and pad the thighs without breaking any glue or doing any serious modding that would require something resembling skill?

Absolutely. There's nothing to taking this guy completely apart.

I posted some steps before, but here are similar ones from memory:

Pull the feet off
Pull the upper boot/shins off
Pull the gloved hands off
Pull the head off - leave the neck peg/post where it is
Remove the cape and remove the shoulder armor (they're going to just fall off after you remove the head anyway)
Undo the velcro closure on the back of the belt
Carefully unplug the small connector at the back of the belt that links it to the chest box
Remove the belt
Remove the tunic
Remove the chest box straps
Move the arms so their point downward and slightly out in front of the figure
Open the velcro at the back of the suit
Pull the upper part of the suit out around the shoulders and down over the arms
The whole suit can now be slid off the legs

Now you can pad whatever you need to and then just do the reverse to get everything back together.

Thanks! Sounds like alot for someone such as myself who never really mods things in any way, but I'm gonna give it a shot since the bunching is the only thing keeping this figure from basically being perfect for me.

It looks like a lot when it's written out, but it's not more complicated than dressing yourself in the morning honestly.

I look at these pix, and I just wish Vader were larger. I dont mean the fig itself, it's accurate, I mean in the movies! I think because that helmet is so large, his shoulders look small, he looks short in the films, he doesnt look tough like Maul does.

I just ordered the figure (exclusive sold out), but this has always bothered me about Vader. He's all black, but doesnt look super tough or badass like many other film villains do. Still need this for my collection though.

Back