Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember. Now that I think about it, I used to always get annoyed with the chain and dangle him upside down to get it out. Musta' fallen apart the last time. Or someone was playing with it...
...so hush about that it was because of the lighting!

So what's everyone with the Medicom one thinking?

While I can keep Medi Maul between the others without complains, I'm forced to keep Kid Vader (1st version) separated from the rest because he's tiny. And not a high end figure at all, if we exclude the price.
So I'm not even thinking about him as contender.

Although the medi looks pretty good the size of the body annoys. Not just the height but the body lacks mass to me. Much like all of their figures.

I recently received my Terminator DX13. Completely blown away with the Head Sculpt. This had me thinking movie accurate head sculpts and cloth tailoring (more layers the better) is 90% of my attraction to high end 1/6 collectable. So when it comes to dropping $250 would the "WOW" have more weight in Catwoman, Penguin, BR Batman and Rocky or Darth Vader. With prices moving sky high these days I want more BANG for my buck. I guess it is only for me to decide. Seriously thinking of skipping on the most iconic figure.

At least the Medi bodysuit has that padded look to it, in the vein of the costume.

Both SSC suits just look like the old vinyl clone bodysuits.

Nah..

review_mvader_3.jpg

I'm not implying it looks like it's packed with cotton wool, but for lack of a better word - it's thicker, which in turn gives it a more filled out look. The material's obviously different too - it deteriorates over time, whereas the SSC suit doesn't as far as I'm aware.

The above Medicom suit looks nothing like the SSC suit.

@D.Martin. Is this whole 'baggy pants,baggy crotch' a futzing thing, or something else?

Getting tired of hearing about it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Beyond positioning the chest box and belt, there is 100% no real futzing done to that figure. the 'baggy crotch' is the articulation points on the figure, so a bit of padding would solve that.

All the other 'baggy' jumpsuit complains make no sense because the costume is only baggy in the crotch. It's form-fitting everywhere else.

Look, people have two options, cancel it or hope it's awesome when they get it.

If the pants were tighter people would complain about them splitting or messing with the figures articulation.

You have it in hand and think it's cool, I'll go with that.:)

I'm even happier that I got the Medicom now. It makes me less desperate.
:exactly:
but I think I was pretty desperate before that.
And looks like everyone got snowtroopers for Vader. I was hoping to nab another one. Oh well.

I'm not implying it looks like it's packed with cotton wool, but for lack of a better word - it's thicker, which in turn gives it a more filled out look. The material's obviously different too - it deteriorates over time, whereas the SSC suit doesn't as far as I'm aware.

Luckily mine is still intact. :)
Anyway I agree that is a bit different (thicker as you said), what I meant was that I really can't say Medicom is better. Yes it's thicker, but the sewing pattern is far too wide (much more out of scale) and too shiny. :dunno

Yeah, I know what you mean - & I'm not really saying it's 'better' either. :lol

It does look a little more like the film suit though, that was my point.

Nah..

review_mvader_3.jpg

Medi-Vader is pointing @ his crotch again....:slap

Back