Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It that supposed to help your argument? I don't get it. And no it don't take time to get things right if they are done right the first time! Also, to say the hobby might not be for someone cause they don't wanna have to go through the hassle of doing the figure the proper way it should've been done the first time from a reputable company is a huge generalization. (and i ain't talking about futzing)

:peace

(It's basically why everyone keeps asking if HT is ever going to do a Vader)

Touché ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Damn, I have some extra cash.....I'm feeling a Fett would be a good investment and Vader later. Anyone agree buying Fett would be a good idea....I saw all that banter about Fett one page back so it made me think about it........sorry.

Meh, all I did was trim away the clear plastic that holds the armor bits in place.

bobafett5.jpg

That's all you did? No body swap or helmet mod? Did you dirty up the suit?

Damn, I have some extra cash.....I'm feeling a Fett would be a good investment and Vader later. Anyone agree buying Fett would be a good idea....I saw all that banter about Fett one page back so it made me think about it........sorry.
Overall it's a great figure and I expect there will be some cool looking photos coming out in February/March (assuming Vader's not delayed) of Vader and Boba.

Speaking for myself, I liked a lot of the details with Boba in-hand (it's obvious Sideshow did put a lot of work into it) but just could not get over the difference between the prototype and the production piece. The boxy vest (which can be helped a bit by cutting off the plastic anchors on the interior of the vest and maybe bending a little with hot water) and colour (no futzing that) were just deal breakers for me (less so the helmet shape but there are mods to fix that), so I sold mine off. If you don't have any of the prototype baggage and like the pictures you've seen so far of the futzed Fett, then I say go for it.

Thanks man, that's exactly the info I needed. I'm not a stickler on Fett like I am with Stormtroopers. I just was wondering if it was worth saving a few bucks on an RAH ROTJ or spending a bit more for the ESB, SS.

I wasn't familiar if coloring and details are more striking with SS, but the RAH was more accurate? You know, like Medicom got way more accurate on stormies, but SS quality "appears" better. Don't want to get bit on missing out on accuracy for those little details that in the end don't mean much. Seems like with Boba, those little details are everything, yeah?

Meh, all I did was trim away the clear plastic that holds the armor bits in place.

Sure. And posing him with his arms up helps cover the chest. :lol

Even with the plastic trimmed away, I think it looks a little too boxy, but it's far from a failure of a figure like some are saying.

Yeah, because Hot Toys are perfect in every conceivable way... :lol

Right. Who ever heard of modding the living **** out of an imperfect Hot Toys figure? :rotfl

EVILFACE; that's probably the best I've ever seen that figure look. The pose is perfect; the head tilt, the stance - you've nailed it. Man - I do not like that figure generally, but yours almost looks like a promo pic of Bulloch. :monkey1

Devil76 mentioned only a quack being able to explain the malice some folks have for the SSC Fett - it's simple to explain the cons really - but hey.. this is the new Vader thread, so I'll spare you all the inconvenience. :lol

The answer to what you had to say to me is right above it in what you said to EF.

I only invoke Freud because **** retentive is censored. :dunno

It that supposed to help your argument? I don't get it. And no it don't take time to get things right if they are done right the first time! Also, to say the hobby might not be for someone cause they don't wanna have to go through the hassle of doing the figure the proper way it should've been done the first time from a reputable company is a huge generalization. (and i ain't talking about futzing)

:peace

(It's basically why everyone keeps asking if HT is ever going to do a Vader)

It is still the best 1/6 Vader that's been produced... but like all figures there was room for improvement. Just altering the pitch of the dome was a big one, but later making adjustments to the kind of body and cape took it even further.

For an extra $100 (KP body and Lforigno tunic and cape) or so I was able to take the Vader from a solid figure, to one I'm completely happy with. Which after selling the original body and cape I pretty much ended-up breaking even... and it still cost less than even the first Medicom version, not to mention the recent $300 one :lol

vaderc_zpsf39dcaff.jpg

As-is out of the box I was quite pleased with Vader for $125ish... much more so than the tiny Vader's we'd previously gotten from Medicom or the horrendous looking Hasbro versions.

Nice Vader there GB.

And :lol at a Hot Toys Vader. That isn't happening for some time. SS still has ROTS to make that that is prolly three years out.

HT's Vader will be a ROTS Anakin. Prolly a Jedi/Sith two-pack.

Overall it's a great figure and I expect there will be some cool looking photos coming out in February/March (assuming Vader's not delayed) of Vader and Boba.

Speaking for myself, I liked a lot of the details with Boba in-hand (it's obvious Sideshow did put a lot of work into it) but just could not get over the difference between the prototype and the production piece. The boxy vest (which can be helped a bit by cutting off the plastic anchors on the interior of the vest and maybe bending a little with hot water) and colour (no futzing that) were just deal breakers for me (less so the helmet shape but there are mods to fix that), so I sold mine off. If you don't have any of the prototype baggage and like the pictures you've seen so far of the futzed Fett, then I say go for it.

I'm still on the fence. I like all the features and details of the SS, but I love the paint and articulation of the Medicom. The paint and arms on the Medi seem to be a bit better than SS. The hands and elbows on the SS are killing me, not so much the missed color, Helmet and vest issues..

I'm about to pull the trigger....cant. decide. what. to. do....

Back