Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can get the non exclusive version for $248 after tax. is the exclusive really worth the extra $30 from sideshow? after tax and ship
can't decide to get the non or the sideshow exc

I'd probably never display him with the exc so for me it wouldn't be worth it.

I debated the same thing but eventually decided on the ex. Don't think at all it's essential, though. If value for money is the most important thing, then I'd ditch the ex and buy local. Personally I just thought it might be an option I'd want for display and in the scheme of things, $20.00 or $30.00 is doable.

only reason i was debating is i am going to try and pick up general grievous and battle damage T2 hot toys as well and all around christmas or right after so was thinking of getting all local so would save like $80. but Vader is something I've always wanted so wasn't sure if i should try and save as much as possible or get the exc of Vader. (was thinking of getting scar pred maybe too)

Last edited:
To me this looks amazing and I love the box. Enough fighting on a box. "IT'S A DAMN BOX" Like it or not back on topic.:dunno:cuckoo:

only reason i was debating is i am going to try and pick up general grievous and battle damage T2 hot toys as well and all around christmas or right after so was thinking of getting all local so would save like $80. but Vader is something I've always wanted so wasn't sure if i should try and save as much as possible or get the exc of Vader. (was thinking of getting scar pred maybe too)
Yeah, I totally get that and am in the same position (for all three figures). In that case, if things are a bit tight or if the money going into the hobby is a little disturbing, skip the ex -- honestly, how often are you going to display Vader nursing his wrist as opposed to more iconic poses. I'd say save where you can.

To me this looks amazing and I love the box. Enough fighting on a box. "IT'S A DAMN BOX" Like it or not back on topic.:dunno:cuckoo:

Honestly, with the box, my first reaction was: very HTish

Which is a good/bad thing - depends on the box. Will wait for the smell test. That's the real way to determine a box's worth

Honestly, with the box, my first reaction was: very HTish

Which is a good/bad thing - depends on the box. Will wait for the smell test. That's the real way to determine a box's worth

Definitely agree with you.

This is the first figure I have ever ordered from SS directly. However, I have owned well over a hundred SS figures via ebay, CL, and Freaks.

Im really not sure what to think of it. At times the Vader looks quite sexy. The lightsaber is very Hasbro looking.

I hope I made the right choice. 250 would have been great mod money to use on my Mustang.

fingers crossed.

This is the first figure I have ever ordered from SS directly. However, I have owned well over a hundred SS figures via ebay, CL, and Freaks.

Im really not sure what to think of it. At times the Vader looks quite sexy. The lightsaber is very Hasbro looking.

I hope I made the right choice. 250 would have been great mod money to use on my Mustang.

fingers crossed.

U know, am still torn apart. Once again i am getting this sinking feeling that I should put this 250 on some other figure. The nrd is still holding me in. The pics look amazing overall and then when you look at bits and pieces etc, somehow i get this cost vs value feeling. The coolest part is the helmet display as i know if i miss this one i will barely get a chance to get the helmet display unless parted out. Dilemma here....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looks good, I'm keeping my order for the EX.

I don't care about the box, I'll look at it then move straight on to the figure, that's the star of the show.

Box will go into storage and never looked at again. Plain brown box with foam insert would suffice as far as I'm concerned, would probably reduce overall cost too.:horror

Hopefully the box art is a new direction for their figures...but im sure this is way of doing a deluxe version so to speak.

I think the box art is great. Sideshow has a lot of talented people working for them. Personally I wish they would be this meticulous with finding a kickass production team for their final products. Heaven knows they've been known to be lacking in that dept.

Still can't bring myself to preorder this sucker. I just don't trust SS at this point. I hope it turns out at least as well if not better than the ANH version.
Everyone is amped for the Luke and Han, i know better with Boba! (unless SS has stated they got some different production tactics )

Before
sdcc2011_sideshow_starwars_12.jpg

After
original.jpg

Let's hope for the best, but not get too excited yet!

I'm honestly still keen to see how this figure turns out, but yeah.

The way it looks now - throwing words around like 'amazing' just makes me -> :rotfl

I believe the Vader shown at SDCC and presumably the video was a production sample and not a prototype, so it should be fine. Boba was a brutal disappointment, though. Can't stand that figure at all. Pretty much gave mine away.

Back