Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 105100

I am not sure the size of this but it looks to be about 12" It could be a cheap alternative to get some 1/6 stormies for the Vader displays! It looks like some others will be rolling out to the Disney Store as well. I guess it all depends upon if they end up looking super cheap in production.

https://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/disney-2014-event/default.asp
Looks like this is going to be an 18" line: https://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/04/exclusive-star-wars-products-unveiled-for-disney-store/

Hi guys
is there any thread for how to repair belt and chestbox...i open the box yesterday and nothink works
no answer from sideshow yet

Apart from working on the wires that are visible behind the belt, there's not much you can do as far as repairs go without significant and possibly damaging surgery on the belt's battery box or other parts. Everything is glued together so you'll have to cut plastic to get anything apart. The wiring is ultra simple and there's not much that can go wrong. For everything to fail, the issue would have to be at the battery box, otherwise at least one part should light up.

The easiest way that I can see for a problem is that the batteries are not inserted with the correct polarity or the small plastic tab has not been removed. Consult the small printed instruction sheet for battery placement, open the battery compartment and make sure the batteries are the right way, one up one down, and that there is no plastic tab preventing them from making contact. If I recall correctly, the battery closest to the switch is supposed to be positive side down and the one closest to the screw is negative side down.

Thanks
unfortunattely i double checked batteries polarity, i removed the plastic tap but no luck

I'd expect that the wires/solder joints are probably broken or shorted at the terminals inside the battery box. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the top of the battery box can in fact be removed. I'd previously cut open one of the belt boxes to confirm with certainty the resistors and LEDs used, but I haven't had cause to crack the battery box. You might be able to spot any broken connections by removing the top.

Rebelscum has this to say:

"The new 12" Talking Star Wars Action Figures will be available starting May 4 at $29.95 each starting with the Stormtrooper first and another to follow each week after. "

Its so hard to tell! in the photos they look more on the 12" side. It would be a shame if they were 18". The stormtrooper actually looks decent.

Color me curious about those Stomies, but I don't wanna be the first to buy one. :lol So someone hop on that when they come out and upload pics. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Taking a closer look at those 12 inchers I see they have funky articulation. All are indentical in that their right arm is slightly bent and has a swivel joint above the elbow, but the left arm bends. I see a bendy joint on the left leg too but I can tell on the right leg. Oh well, at least I'll be able to put the Stormie in the classic pose.

Just ordered one from Disney store in the UK, they are oversized unfortunately but thought I'd pick one up to check it out (will return it if I don't like it)

Dimensions for each are 34cm tall (13.5") for Stormy and Han, 30cm (12") for Luke, and 37cm (14.5") for Vader

Hows it going fellas, Im new to collecting and just got the DX07 Luke Skywalked awesome collectible. Im looking for a Vader figure to display with it and wanted to know if the sideshow Darth Vader Deluxe is a good pickup or should I wait to see if another one is made. Thanks

The Deluxe Vader is awesome out of the box, and even more awesome with some of the mods people have done

And to the point, another Vader would be at least 5 years away. Should you not want to wait that long for only the possibility of a new release, your options are what's out there today, the Deluxe probably being close to the lowest priced as the others are all aftermarket. You could probably also buy parts and put one together yourself. You'd have to be careful here as the costs could start piling up quickly.

Thanks for the help Inked and Pixelpiper. BTW Pixe like what you did with the custom lightsaber those look pretty awesome. Yeah I think I might just go ahead and order the deluxe vader thru sideshow, they have a promo code for $20 off so not too bad. Being a noob dont know anything about customizing my own figures. Any recommendations?

Just ordered one from Disney store in the UK, they are oversized unfortunately but thought I'd pick one up to check it out (will return it if I don't like it)

Dimensions for each are 34cm tall (13.5") for Stormy and Han, 30cm (12") for Luke, and 37cm (14.5") for Vader

13.5"? Good then he will look like an accurate scaled height compared to the Sideshow Vader.... :rotfl Just kidding of course

Mine arrived today at last. Looks great - love the accessories.

Unfortunately the lights on the figure don't work - hopefully it's dead batteries.

Back