Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's only one Vader, and unless you're a prop purist, there's no in-universe reason for small differences from movie to movie. Vader did not order in a new set of armor.

I disagree. While the ESB and ROTJ suits are pretty similar, the ROTS and ANH suits are rather unique in major ways. As for an in-universe reason: Considering that Anakin was a tinkerer, it is feasible that he would upgrade his armor at some point during the approximately 20 years he wore it.

And actually related to this thread...I wonder how the hasbro dome would look on the figure?

Some more Vader pics.

First up I have a disclaimer. These pictures are fresh from the box. There has been zero futzing. If un-futzed figures make your eyes bleed, then look away. Unfortunately I am between permanent habitats (damn imperials chasing me across the galaxy) so none of my figures are display worthy at the moment as they live in their boxes. Disclaimer over.

First up some dome pics (any blemishes are dust from the packaging, dome was in perfect nick):

P1131543_zps28880cc9.jpg

P1131536_zpsf461943e.jpg

P1131535_zps9ec7d788.jpg

P1131550_zpsa60a8fc2.jpg

Full frontal (just one of these since others have done so much better)

P1131554_zps0016b36f.jpg

A close up of the suit fabric

P1131551_zps73a56e82.jpg

And lastly, a couple of height comparisons (again all figures are minty fresh from boxes and not futzed)

P1131555_zps08e0fc61.jpg

P1131559_zps631bf7fc.jpg

Yes he's huge, but not so huge to bother me greatly. I would have posed him with IG-88 but he's too far deep in storage. I have to say the quality and finish is superb. Good enough if I can get a regular for under retail down the track I will grab another.

I disagree. While the ESB and ROTJ suits are pretty similar, the ROTS and ANH suits are rather unique in major ways. As for an in-universe reason: Considering that Anakin was a tinkerer, it is feasible that he would upgrade his armor at some point during the approximately 20 years he wore it.?

Also I figured the best explanation for changes in Vader armor and gadgetry was due to the fact he would sustain damage on occasion in battle so he would need to replace parts.

King Darkness - did you try the ANH costume on the ESB SS body? I'm wondering how it would look with the ANH suit instead. Personally, I think the ANH suit looks more accurate and if it fits on the SS body, it would add even more excellence to this figure.
I am really loving what I'm seeing though and it's good that the suit can be mostly hidden by careful placement of the robes and cape if the ANH suit won't fit.
I do agree with others that the width of the UPPER part of the dome should have been increased though and I'm curious to see what the Hasbro dome will look like on this ESB figure. Can anyone take a pic of that?

Last edited:
Mine is out for delivery today. I cant wait for the day to be over. LOL. Not feeling work when I know I have a new figure to futz at home waiting for me.

Wow, this guy is definitely Hot Toys worthy. The ANH Vader was my very first 1/6th figure and I was initially blown away when I first got that and this one seems even way better than that one. Too early for figure of the year nominee?
Vader_zpse3ec46fd.jpg

mine has a crooked helmet....but otherwise its perfect. now to deal with SS on a new head....yay for me.

Wow that sucks but Sideshow's Customer Service is amazing. They'll give you a new head ASAP. But congrats on getting Vader! Mine arrives tomorrow but kind of hoping it arrives today. We'll see.

Wow, this guy is definitely Hot Toys worthy. The ANH Vader was my very first 1/6th figure and I was initially blown away when I first got that and this one seems even way better than that one. Too early for figure of the year nominee?
Vader_zpse3ec46fd.jpg

Wow. Awesome pic! :clap Did you do any mods?

Back