Sideshow Endoskeleton Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rad0324

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't expect anybody to have a real answer to this question, but why do you think Sideshow continues to make the Combat Endoskeleton bust, but they arn't making more clean versions? There is clearly a bigger demand for the clean version so wouldn't it make sense for Sideshow to release more? They would easily sell out again and in the end isn't it about the money for companies like sideshow? This is just wishful thinking from my end. I really want to get the clean version but since I assume they will never re-release them I might have to settle for the combat and try to clean it. Unless you guys think there is a slim chance they might release more lol.

from what i know, the combat bust chrome job may have some imperfections that are easily covered up by the battle damage paint. The clean version had returns cos everyone expected perfect chroming which is harder to do. So its makes more sense from a $ point of view to sell the Combat ones.

The clean version are numbered...meaning a limited production run.
This is why there are no more clean ones.

The combat version is not numbered.... meaning they can make as many they want.

Part of limited runs, is that they build trust with their customers this way. They promise "us" that the item will me limited to the amount they state, and in doing so, make it very exclusive.
This exclusivity is what drives up the price on the secondary market, and makes it a very valuable collectible.

I say, be happy they're still making these busts at all.
If you want a clean one, just clean it your self. It's not too difficult to do.

The clean version are numbered...meaning a limited production run.
This is why there are no more clean ones.

The combat version is not numbered.... meaning they can make as many they want.

Part of limited runs, is that they build trust with their customers this way. They promise "us" that the item will me limited to the amount they state, and in doing so, make it very exclusive.
This exclusivity is what drives up the price on the secondary market, and makes it a very valuable collectible.

I say, be happy they're still making these busts at all.
If you want a clean one, just clean it your self. It's not too difficult to do.

Yeah I see what you're saying about the trust factor. I don't really have a problem with having to clean one I'm just afraid to mess it up if thats possible. Is there a "guide" on how to do it properly?

from what i know, the combat bust chrome job may have some imperfections that are easily covered up by the battle damage paint. The clean version had returns cos everyone expected perfect chroming which is harder to do. So its makes more sense from a $ point of view to sell the Combat ones.

Although Im sure they could sell clean ones for $699 or even $799 and people would buy them. So Im sure that would balance out some of the returns.

I was one of the few people who got clean T-800 busts earlier last year when SS found a bunch and mine wasn't numbered on the bottom

UPDATE:

The clean versions aren't numbered. :monkey1

EDIT:
8333 1:1 scale T-800 Endoskeleton Life-Size Bust Clean Version OPEN
#xxx - Slingblade
#xxx - daliman11

Guess Sideshow just wanted to piss people off.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

The clean versions aren't numbered. :monkey1
Guess Sideshow just wanted to piss people off.

Thats interesting. Yeah I guess they are trying to piss people off. Bastards! Maybe now that Toynami is re-releasing their version of the bust, maybe Sideshow will.

8318 1:1 scale T-800 Bust 750
#021 - Slingblade
#490 - RabagaZt

The above is the Arnold BD bust. Human/endo face. Numbered.

8333 1:1 scale T-800 Endoskeleton Life-Size Bust Clean Version OPEN
#xxx - Slingblade
#xxx - daliman11

The above is the Clean Endobust. NOT numbered.

T-800 Endoskeleton
Combat Version
Life-Size Bust
Item Number: 8333
"Dirty" / "BD" bust. NOT numbered.

The clean bust was an unnumbered limited production run ...

Both versions were initially released as open editions, only to see the clean skull receive premature retirement.

I was one of the few people who got clean T-800 busts earlier last year when SS found a bunch and mine wasn't numbered on the bottom

Me Too ....I Got Actually the Last One They Found :)..... And It is not Numbered.....

Back