Sideshow Endoskeleton Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, first batch was shipped without propper packing, so skull actually moved inside..Bunch of people returned their skulls due to scratches and imperfect chrome job. I don't recall that there was any bigger issue with peeling or cracking of chrome, but I guess it was easier to simply paint the skull lightly and have it "BD" (to hide any possible imperfections) then risk more people returning them..

But then again, people who cleaned off there BD skulls have pretty nice (and perfect) looking skulls....so TRUE reason, nobody knows but SS!

They stopped selling the Clean versions due to chroming issues.

Although like so many things this was never officially confirmed, the chrome issues would seem the likely cause for premature retirement.

Same reason why the clean 1:1 endo statue has been replaced by the veteran version.

Think having a clean one makes it harder for qc and may require more layers of chrome.

Although like so many things this was never officially confirmed, the chrome issues would seem the likely cause for premature retirement.

Why don't they charge a little more and do it right ? :banghead

So basically the answer is, making a chrome version requires more work on Sideshows end so the combat version is a cop-out. Thanks Sideshow!

So basically the answer is, making a chrome version requires more work on Sideshows end so the combat version is a cop-out. Thanks Sideshow!

Well I wouldn't call it a cop out. SS is after all a biz. Few biz will do things that take away from the bottom line. :)

No, I meant that it's possible that all the Clean ones that got sent back for defects like the one I had may have been given the Combat treatment so they could still sell them. Probably a lot easier and cheaper than wasting them, and re-chroming wouldn't be an option.

The 700's have a certain texture to them like in the movie. While they are probably based on the original Endo busts, I doubt they are recycled pieces.

Back