Statue Sideshow Dinosauria Mosasaur Statue/Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice photo's www1b24.

I've yet to see a poorly painted Mosasaur.

I am very happy that this will be my first statue in this line. Hopefully the other statues that proceed this are of a similar high standard.

Got it snd it's absolutely beautiful not the best pics and s lot bigger than I expected also very light image.jpg
image.jpg

My top: 1 Apatosaurus, 2 T-Rex Maquette , 3 Stegosaurus, 4 T-rex vs. Triceratops , 5 Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus, 6 Styracosaurus Maquette , 7 Dilophosaurus Maquette, 8 Carnotaurus, 9 Spinosaurus , 10 Tupuxuara, 11 Euoplocephalus , 12 velociraptors vs Protoceratops, 13 Deinosuchus vs. Paralophulus. 14 Brachiosaurus in egg. Mosasaur not yet arrived in my collection, but definitely be second or first. I love a lot, this mega sculpture.

this is an interesting topic that never get tired of...let me do a list for your reference:
1. Apatosaurus --- I love the original paint, the repaint Apatosaurus is more colorful but I think the color and pattern of original Aptosaurus may be more closer to the real Apatosaurus. By the way, before the repaint came out, this one can be the most difficult one to get on ebay...because no one wants to sell it once if they have it!!!:exactly:

2. T-Rex: What can I say? Marvelous handsome guy made by David, need no comment.

3. (tie) Styracosaurus and Tupuxuara: I have to say the painting on both head are so delicate and colorful, look at Tupuxuara's head! Who doesn't love this little bird even if you don't know who he is? For Styracosaurus, I just love the green color on his head that go with its beak, horn, and shield...this is a true beauty also by David Krenz. BUT actually this is not close to the prototype...The prototype of Stegosaurus on Sideshow's official site is toooo perfect and tooo complicated to catch up with...by factory painting workers which I can understand.

4. Carnotorus: Adrian Taboada gives a very impressive dynamic posture that perfectly balance the short arms, the sculpt detail 100% equal to the prototype even the painting degradation cannot affect the value of this statue, this is the statue that I most display, more than Apatosaurus.

5. Stegosaurs: Very close to Carnotorus, but I decide to rank her 5th instead of tie with Carnotorus, the reason being...'her child', the little Stegosaurs, as a little surprise to fans, looks a little fake to me, no offense, and the color on their BIG body should have more levels not just full yellowish brown. But this one is much better than the repaint in my mind. I hate people put orange and green together when they talk about Stegosaurus.

6. Spinosaurs, Protoceratops VS Velociraptor, Euoplocephalus in Egg, Tyrannosaurus Rex VS Triceratops...no big difference between them, my comment is: Good, worthy. Go and buy them if you have plenty budget.
7. Deinosuchus VS Parasaurolophus
8. Dilophosaurus

*Brachiosaurus in egg, Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus are the only two that I don't own. So, no rank.
*Special place for the Mosasaurs, I love this statue very much but I don't want to rank the new comer this time...probably between Carnotorus and Stegosaurus in the future.

Great photo! I really like the texture of the skin.

Mine is on the way. Can't wait to get it.

There's actually one questions bothering me a little bit for long time...I heard the forth dinosaur after Triceratops is said to be Deinonychus...which is a good news because it's such a talented and famous creature that truly deserves to be named on the "Sideshow Dinosauria - Hall of Fame" list together with T-Rex and others, but that is still a rumor. I don't know if anyone here has further information about this old news, please kindly let me know.

There's actually one questions bothering me a little bit for long time...I heard the forth dinosaur after Triceratops is said to be Deinonychus...which is a good news because it's such a talented and famous creature that truly deserves to be named on the "Sideshow Dinosauria - Hall of Fame" list together with T-Rex and others, but that is still a rumor. I don't know if anyone here has further information about this old news, please kindly let me know.

That was the last bit of news I heard on it..it would be Deinonychus or a Raptor of some sort. We might find out more in Summer?

That was the last bit of news I heard on it..it would be Deinonychus or a Raptor of some sort. We might find out more in Summer?

I guess so, hope it's gonna be like what you say or earlier, thanks Blade!!
If it release in summer, I think the ship date will be in early 2016. This year is a 'plenty' year for Dinosauria with three brand-new statues, so I don't expect we can get more by the end of 2015...but an early confirmed news or some prototypes on the site can be a comfort! It's a big role in Jurassic Park series. Anyway...I would really love to see how Mr. Blanco make his Deino.

I'm touched by the below image
raptor_jesus_print-r1a09f1ce0f5544b297366ef0b7d9eb81_wvw_8byvr_512.jpg

That was what I was told at SDCC last year, though at the time it was really early and in "consideration" and not guaranteed. No clue if they eventually moved forward with it or decided to go a different direction. I too think we'll know more later in the spring or summer.

Got my mosasaur. It's a beautiful and graceful piece.

Grainy iPad photos, but you get the idea.

Mosasaur.jpg
Mosasaur2.jpg

Not to double-post, but mine arrived today and this is one beautiful piece in a line of beautiful pieces. The sculpt and paint job are terrific, and the tableau around the nifty base is really fun to look at, especially the tiny fish UNDERNEATH one of the pieces of coral. No one has posted the minor feat of engineering that the actual mosasaur is itself. It fits really nicely onto the base WITHOUT A POST TO SUPPORT IT, and in a strange irony, a protrusion similar to the 'new' tail fin theory serves as further support for the tail and animal itself. Instantly one of my favorites in the line, looks cool next to the other pieces.

Another triumph for the Dinosauria line!

Can't wait to get this thing, but as a beginner I have no idea where I should put this in my list of dino priorities.

Hello my friends. I have a big question. Is anyone in Europe who managed to order Mosasaur Statue from a store in Europe? When arrive this statue in Europe? Already passed long since been launched in the US and in Europe already postponed indefinitely. Someone who has new information useful I ask him to tell me when I see this statue in UK, France, Germany ??? Preferably germany.

PS: No seller in Germany they do not know how to say exactly which date arrive this statue in the country:(

I'm in california, so I got mine very quickly.

have not seen many pics of the base, if any. It's beautiful.

Hello my friends. I have a big question. Is anyone in Europe who managed to order Mosasaur Statue from a store in Europe? When arrive this statue in Europe? Already passed long since been launched in the US and in Europe already postponed indefinitely. Someone who has new information useful I ask him to tell me when I see this statue in UK, France, Germany ??? Preferably germany.

PS: No seller in Germany they do not know how to say exactly which date arrive this statue in the country:(

CDUK will be receiving their allocation at the end of Feb.

Hope that helps.

Hello my friends. I saw that on the site Sideshow Collectibles are available three interesting statues Carnotaurus , Spinosaurus and Styracosaurus , repainted version for the three statues. Is anyone interested in buying one of these statues? If yes, please put some decent pictures. I am very curious to see the final quality of the paintings.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dinosauria-spinosaurus-sideshow-collectibles-2000953/
Dinosauria Carnotaurus Statue by Sideshow Collectibles | Sideshow Collectibles

Dinosauria Styracosaurus Statue by Sideshow Collectibles | Sideshow Collectibles
PS: Thank you for your response Tendril

Back