Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came with few issues :

1) Chip on hand (which can be covered by the magnetic hand).
2) Paint issues on chest
3) Scuffs on base
4) Chip on ankle

Apparently these are all QC issues. The part which displeases me is when I wrote to SS with the photos, they replied that the chip on the hand is self-made & all they can provide is a cleaning kit!

I guess they don't care for the international customers. Anyone faced anything similar?

Self made? So they're saying you chipped it while assembling it? Or sometime after you opened it?

Self made? So they're saying you chipped it while assembling it? Or sometime after you opened it?

They said this is caused by attaching & detaching the magnetic arm & there's nothing they can do about it. Come on, on opening the package, I already saw it with the rest of the QC flaws & chipped ankle. & all they claim is that there's nothing they can do but offer a cleaning kit.

This is the first time I encounter a customer blamed for internal QC issues.

They said this is caused by attaching & detaching the magnetic arm & there's nothing they can do about it. Come on, on opening the package, I already saw it with the rest of the QC flaws & chipped ankle. & all they claim is that there's nothing they can do but offer a cleaning kit.

This is the first time I encounter a customer blamed for internal QC issues.

Other freaks on this very board have received replacement parts from SS with the same issues you have. Chips etc. Very surprised to hear this.

Other freaks on this very board have received replacement parts from SS with the same issues you have. Chips etc. Very surprised to hear this.

Thanks for yr replies MasterSafara. You mean others have similar chips & paint issues on chest & they will be getting a replacement body?

Maybe cos I'm in international hence they don't want to go through the trouble. No love for international customers.

More so for the chips which seems to be a more severe issue SS is willing to replace for. The paint I haven't heard of anyone getting replacements for paint issues. Did you order direct from SS?

More so for the chips which seems to be a more severe issue SS is willing to replace for. The paint I haven't heard of anyone getting replacements for paint issues. Did you order direct from SS?

Yes I did.

Can I check if most are from the US? Thanks for everything.

Yes I did.

Can I check if most are from the US? Thanks for everything.

l am from Singapore, my storm shadow maquette have a paint chips on his quiver and they replaced it

Usually it is better to give them pictures of the issues

, but l have to reject their option of a SS credit prior to them sending it to me

l am from Singapore, my storm shadow maquette have a paint chips on his quiver and they replaced it

Usually it is better to give them pictures of the issues

, but l have to reject their option of a SS credit prior to them sending it to me

Thanks for the heads up Stussy. Yes I did send them photos.

Thanks for the heads up Stussy. Yes I did send them photos.

If you are not 100% satisfied with the product then return it for a full refund. I think their service has gone downhill and it's terrible that they're offering you this "cleaning kit" (really WTF is up with this cleaning kit?!?!) for chips in the paint.

I'm awaiting my uber-magical "cleaning kit" for overspray on my PF Deadpool and while it's an exclusive ed. I'm going to escalate to their CS manager and if they still won't make it right I'm sending it back.

I'd rather have my $400 back than have this DP with the uneven paint application.

These pieces are too expensive to put up with less than perfection.

If you are not 100% satisfied with the product then return it for a full refund. I think their service has gone downhill and it's terrible that they're offering you this "cleaning kit" (really WTF is up with this cleaning kit?!?!) for chips in the paint.

I'm awaiting my uber-magical "cleaning kit" for overspray on my PF Deadpool and while it's an exclusive ed. I'm going to escalate to their CS manager and if they still won't make it right I'm sending it back.

I'd rather have my $400 back than have this DP with the uneven paint application.

These pieces are too expensive to put up with less than perfection.

Sad to hear you are facing similar QC issues arniec.

Same sentiments. I'm awaiting for their return reply. Worse scenario will be to get a refund & move on. Hope you'll be receiving good news for your overspray.

Yeah mine too has "crater" if we can call it that and that is what creating the space between the base and the right foot because the left foot with the pin actually fits correctly.

I would make a claim then, because that's why mine is being replaced. Take some photos with a ruler or something flat laying across the base to show the "gap".

Mine came with few issues :

1) Chip on hand (which can be covered by the magnetic hand).
2) Paint issues on chest
3) Scuffs on base
4) Chip on ankle

Apparently these are all QC issues. The part which displeases me is when I wrote to SS with the photos, they replied that the chip on the hand is self-made & all they can provide is a cleaning kit!

I guess they don't care for the international customers. Anyone faced anything similar?

They told me they are out of replacements. Exact email I got:

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Unfortunately, due to limited nature of this piece, we found we do not have any replacements for this item. We apologize for the inconvenience and for any disappointment this may cause you. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your Deadpool PF as is, we can offer you a $40.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

Another option, instead of the Sideshow Collectibles credit, we can offer you a $30.00 refund directly back to the credit card on file used to pay for the item. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or partial refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

If neither of these options is satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for an exchange or a full refund. In a separate email you will be sent an RMA number for your return, along with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your exchange or refund.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

I just took the $30 credit since it was a small chip on the back of his leg and I will never see it.

My cleaning kit arrived. It has a small brush (like a model kit paintbrush), a lint roller, a microfiber cloth, tweezers, and scissors.

To fix overspray on a Deadpool PF? What a joke...

I believe I will be contacting Sideshow CS and if they can't fix this I will be asking refunds for all flexpays on all future PFs I've preordered...this quality control is pathetic and the customer service worse still.

But first let me go through the silly act of rubbing a microfiber cloth on Deadpool and watch the overspray NOT be removed.... :mad:

My cleaning kit arrived. It has a small brush (like a model kit paintbrush), a lint roller, a microfiber cloth, tweezers, and scissors.

To fix overspray on a Deadpool PF? What a joke...

I believe I will be contacting Sideshow CS and if they can't fix this I will be asking refunds for all flexpays on all future PFs I've preordered...this quality control is pathetic and the customer service worse still.

But first let me go through the silly act of rubbing a microfiber cloth on Deadpool and watch the overspray NOT be removed.... :mad:
no way this a turn for the worst :(

Last night I finally got around to breaking neck & legs my old EX chicken hand. FYI; you have a pretty solid rod running through the neck and the legs. So if you break it it's not going to fall off....

So I arrived home to get my Sideshow Collectible Care Kit. I know some were interested so I'm posting pictures but this is a fliggin flargin joke right? It's full of, honestly, items found for a dollar each at Walgreens. Microfiber cloth, mini lint roller, small scissors, tweezers, and a light brush like my wife uses for her make-up.

This should be something Sideshow sends customers who buy 2 Premium Formats (or equal dollars spent) as a thank you gift, not the magical solution to a terribly painted statue.

But I'm playing the customer service game...so I am going back, saying their box of trinkets didn't magically fix damage caused by their poor packaging, and seeing if I can get any help. I'm copying the Customer Service manager on my e-mails...the rep who e-mailed me told me that all of them are like this and none will meet my expectations. If that's the case I plan on asking them to cancel ALL my pre-orders (I have EVERY Marvel PF on Preorder) and refund any flex payments made.

I mean, if they don't stand behind their product, if they ship shoddy items and say "this is the best we can do" then that's it, I want my money back. All of it.

So I wrote back. Initially I was feeling sassy and wrote the following sarcasm-laden missive:

William,

The care kit arrived today. Thank you for sending it. However, I have attached before and after pictures and despite spending considerable time using the microfiber cloth on the statue the paint errors have not magically disappeared.

Initially I thought the kit you sent must be the answer; after all you wouldn't send me a box full of drug store items if it wouldn't correct the issue. So I spent nearly a full hour tonight working with that cloth trying to remove the defects from Deadpool's chest and leg. After almost an hour I switched to the brush, thinking that maybe it had the mojo needed to correct the issue.

Now I realize this is not the case. Unless you feel I should try the lint roller next...I'm open to suggestions--other than dipping the brush in paint and trying to paint it myself as I have no skill at model making...that is why I pay a premium for your items.

I understand from your reply below that all the Deadpool Premium Formats were similarly damaged? I have visited several forums, most notably Sideshow Freaks, and seen pictures of a dozen Deadpool Premium Format statues with no damage.

Perhaps the fault lies with me. I sent a camera phone photo thinking that the fact that my statue was significantly mispainted would be obvious. The fact that you think a soft cloth can fix it makes me think due to the photo you thought it may be dirt or paper somehow on the item. As such I am attaching more detailed photos taken in the photo studio where I photograph my numerous Sideshow purchases. I'm sure that upon seeing this you'll realize that this is something that can, and indeed should, be replaced.

I look forward to hearing from you on how we can make this happen.

Instead I sent:

William,

The care kit arrived today. Thank you for sending it. However, nothing in this box seems able to fix the problems found on my Deadpool Premium Format.

I understand from your reply below that all the Deadpool Premium Formats were similarly damaged? I have visited several forums, most notably Sideshow Freaks, and seen pictures of a dozen Deadpool Premium Format statues with no damage.

Perhaps the fault lies with me. I sent a camera phone photo thinking that the fact that my statue was significantly mispainted would be obvious. To rectify that I took this Deadpool into the photo studio where I photograph all my Sideshow purchases in the hopes a properly lit photo will make more clear the extent of the errors on my statue. These photos are attached. If you feel they still do not show proper damage I have uploaded full res (5616x3744 pixel) images to the Star Wars Action News web site. You can view them at https://www.swactionnews.com/gallery.htm?D1=Damagepool Full Res/ (the page may be slow to load)

I am certain that when you look at these properly lit photos you will see that this piece is significantly damaged to the point a replacement is warranted.

I look forward to hearing from you on how we can make this happen.

Back