Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the end I guess that proves even an exclusive base is only but a numbered base. Nothing otherwise unique about it. There are some exceptions. One I can think of is the ex Aayla Secura PF base. If I remember correctly the ex was the base. The ex came with an exclusive base with a beheaded clone. Not as easy as writing the same number on the bottom to replace. Unless of course SS makes extra ex bases to keep on hand just in case. Who knows. Idk how they do it. I always assumed once an edition number was set they only strictly made as many as was set. No more. Guess until you work there you'll never know exactly what they do behind their doors. Even then depending on your job it might be on a need-to-know basis. Lol :lol It's like Area 51 all over again. :p

You make a good point, but at the end of the day, all I want is a base without a giant dent in the middle (you can see it from across the room...extremely annoying).

I'll let you know what they do when I hear back. I'm betting they'll make me break it and they'll send me a new one. Does anyone have experience with this? I hesitate to do it because what if the one I get as a replacement is worse than the one I have? Do they let you wait until you receive the new one, then break it?

Is it just the base that's dented? Like what he stands on? If that's the case, they'll just send you a new base. They're not going to have you destroy an entire statue that's completely perfect because there's a dent on your base. They may make you destroy the base, but that's doubtful, as it sounds like it already is.

Either way, the only reason they'd make you destroy the statue itself is if there was something wrong with it and they were sending a replacement statue entirely. The bases are one size fits all, so they'll likely just send out a new one.

Mine will be here tomorrow! I wish I had my camera back so I could snap some better pics than with my phone...

Not sure why anyone hesitated on this and is now regretting it. This looked great from the get go.

Personally because I've never read a Deadpool comic and my Marvel collection is has only 1 PF in it so.....

I requested a base for my EX babydoll few months ago, they request a pic of the bottom of the base that clearly show the EX number & sent me a base with the same number. & of course u will have to destroy one of them later :)

I was able to get a new base for an ex I had a while ago. Same number to :)

These look awesome guys..... I have to admit I can't WAIT to hear Artics reaction when he gets this bad boy open.... I am sacrificing a bucket of KFC to the statue gods for a QC issue free piece for him.

Deadpool is in the house well my parents house .... Which is unfortunately 30 mins drive :-/ hope to pick him up soon

I requested a base for my EX babydoll few months ago, they request a pic of the bottom of the base that clearly show the EX number & sent me a base with the same number. & of course u will have to destroy one of them later :)

That's great news, but do you live in the US? I was always under the impression that if you live outside the US, they make you break the entire thing and send you a complete new one...am I out to lunch?

These look awesome guys..... I have to admit I can't WAIT to hear Artics reaction when he gets this bad boy open.... I am sacrificing a bucket of KFC to the statue gods for a QC issue free piece for him.

The back of AB's head is going to blow clean off when he sees this...

That's great news, but do you live in the US? I was always under the impression that if you live outside the US, they make you break the entire thing and send you a complete new one...am I out to lunch?

Yes, but that's okay. It'd be silly for them to do that, as they don't have an unlimited supply of statues sitting around for replacements. They're also each hand-painted, so that's a lot of work just to have someone smash it without there being a reason for it.

They'll just replace your base, and MAYBE make you destroy that. The statue is fine, and they won't even mention that. I live in Canada and get most of these shipped to me, and my Obi-wan Mythos needed a new head sent, so I had to destroy the other head and send them proof (or they'd charge me); however, the rest of the statue was fine, so there was no reason to touch that.

The only reason they'd have you destroy the entire statue is if there was a major issue (massive paint error, huge scrape etc...) and you needed a replacement body. Hell, even then they'd likely only send you a replacement body and not hands, heads, base etc...so you'd just have to destroy the body. All depends on what needs fixing! :)

Yes, but that's okay. It'd be silly for them to do that, as they don't have an unlimited supply of statues sitting around for replacements. They're also each hand-painted, so that's a lot of work just to have someone smash it without there being a reason for it.

They'll just replace your base, and MAYBE make you destroy that. The statue is fine, and they won't even mention that. I live in Canada and get most of these shipped to me, and my Obi-wan Mythos needed a new head sent, so I had to destroy the other head and send them proof (or they'd charge me); however, the rest of the statue was fine, so there was no reason to touch that.

The only reason they'd have you destroy the entire statue is if there was a major issue (massive paint error, huge scrape etc...) and you needed a replacement body. Hell, even then they'd likely only send you a replacement body and not hands, heads, base etc...so you'd just have to destroy the body. All depends on what needs fixing! :)

Thanks for the great info. I'm really hoping they still have some spare bases so I can get a new one. Hopefully I hear back from them soon (I got confirmation this morning that they received my pics).

Received mine today.....amazing paint and overall quality, Well done Sideshow !!

DSC01063_zpsa883a224.jpg

The paint on my chicken hands F'd up. Wonderful. Typical

While that sucks to have any issues, at least it's an easy fix and they'll just send a new hand. At least it wasn't the entire statue, and the chimichanga pistol is still pretty badass to display with while you wait! :)

While that sucks to have any issues, at least it's an easy fix and they'll just send a new hand. At least it wasn't the entire statue, and the chimichanga pistol is still pretty badass to display with while you wait! :)

Yeah thanks man. I'm hoping. As long as I call them today they should have replacements huh? I wouldnt have to mail it to them?

Thanks Spidey. I appreciate the sacrafice you've made to your healthy by having bucket of chicken. I am pretty excited. I have tried to stay pretty calm about the wait but today is dragging. It is supposed to be here tomorrow but I was hopefully that I would get it today as it was already in Edmonton by early yesterday morning but still no action. I am thinking tomorrow it is.

Hoepfully soon we'll both be getting the Bats as well. :hi5:

The back of AB's head is going to blow clean off when he sees this...

Your both right I may just lose my mind when I see this thing :horror:panic::thud:The great reviews this has been getting is just getting me more pumped up. I have been trying to avoid coming here because it makes it harder though as well.

Yeah thanks man. I'm hoping. As long as I call them today they should have replacements huh? I wouldnt have to mail it to them?

Calling seems to be the best course of action for a speedy response, though you will have to e-mail them pictures to prove the damage regardless. But I'd say call first. And yeah, I'm sure they'll have replacement pieces like that available. It gets a bit harder with statues like Poison Ivy where it's all one piece and they constantly have to replace entire statues...that's when they either run out, or have a hard time finding suitable replacements (in their eyes at least.)

But with this, yes, I can't see you having any issue getting a replacement shipped within a few days after you call/email pictures! :hi5:

Back