Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My reg arrived today.. My EX is arriving Wednesday. Im staring at the box while Im reading all of these posts... I feel so trapped and indecisive! The only reason i have both was because my WL converted and i didnt know that you could cancel the order on the reg within 48 hours... I was going to either sell the reg or have it custom painted into an x-force variant... what do the masses say? Should i open him up and by doing so guarantee more money gone out of my pocket or be responsible and keep him sealed till my ex arrives

Honestly, this is one statue that doubles work really well for. If you can get a quality painter to get the same quality paint job done for an X-Force variant, it could look amazing with the two guns. Loads of people have like 8 different versions of that "Leg Slammin'" Hulk statue and had it painted like each individual Hulk....I think this Deadpool sculpt is flawless enough to be worthy of such a repaint for an X-Force version if you have the money to do so.

After displaying it for a few hours with the comic head and chicken, I swapped over to the Merc head and I love it. The Merc head -- in my opinion -- really captures the essence of the statue/sculpt. The comic head is awesome, and worthy of a swap out from time to time, but I'm really loving the Merc head now, and it'll likely stay like this for quite a while.

My reg arrived today.. My EX is arriving Wednesday. Im staring at the box while Im reading all of these posts... I feel so trapped and indecisive! The only reason i have both was because my WL converted and i didnt know that you could cancel the order on the reg within 48 hours... I was going to either sell the reg or have it custom painted into an x-force variant... what do the masses say? Should i open him up and by doing so guarantee more money gone out of my pocket or be responsible and keep him sealed till my ex arrives

Keep it sealed until the ex arrives and enjoy everyone else's pics. You don't need 2. Unless of course you want 2 in which case do what you want. This hobby is based off want not need so do what you want. You may just be getting caught up in the hype right now. If that's the case remember this isn't the only piece around. There's still lots to order etc. Look around. :cool:

Boooooooo...my base is dented and scratched. Statue looks good, though. Problem is, Sideshow is probably going to make me break it to get a replacement. Booooooooooo!!

Wow you got it already my man! That was fast. Real sorry to hear about the damage to your base. At least the statue was ok. Mines been in the E-town since this morning. Supposed to have it Wednesday but hopeful that it maybe here by tomorrow.

It's been great to see all the pics and think " hey that guy got the proto". It turn our amazing.

Is it an ex?

Yup. Very disappointing. I already contacted Sideshow and emailed photos. Hopefully I hear back soon. This base needs to be replaced (I'm hoping they can send me just a new base, or at least let me keep this statue in tact until the replacement arrives, then break it).

Honestly, this is one statue that doubles work really well for. If you can get a quality painter to get the same quality paint job done for an X-Force variant, it could look amazing with the two guns. Loads of people have like 8 different versions of that "Leg Slammin'" Hulk statue and had it painted like each individual Hulk....I think this Deadpool sculpt is flawless enough to be worthy of such a repaint for an X-Force version if you have the money to do so.

Keep it sealed until the ex arrives and enjoy everyone else's pics. You don't need 2. Unless of course you want 2 in which case do what you want. This hobby is based off want not need so do what you want. You may just be getting caught up in the hype right now. If that's the case remember this isn't the only piece around. There's still lots to order etc. Look around. :cool:

Haha so you both make very good points which leaves me once again in the middle! :panic:

Based on pics and feedback this is living up to the hype and more. I'm a huge Deadpool fan. Im probably one of the few people that actually enjoyed the character in the Wolverine film. The painter I'm being referred to by a fellow boardie is top shelf but I'm sure the bill will also be a hefty one. I feel like the right thing to do is inspect him for damage at the very least right? You never know with the various QC issues that can arise.... Deadpool should be inspected for damage yes?

Yup. Very disappointing. I already contacted Sideshow and emailed photos. Hopefully I hear back soon. This base needs to be replaced (I'm hoping they can send me just a new base, or at least let me keep this statue in tact until the replacement arrives, then break it).

I've always wondered what SS will do in a case like this. I mean the base pretty much is the ex along with the limited exclusive accessory ie the chicken for example on the 1/5 aliens line of statues the face hugger the chestburster etc.

The base and the ex accessories are the only pieces that make an ex an ex. With the ex accessories they can be replaced if damaged assuming SS has replacements, but the base is numbered and therefore making it exclusive and non-replaceable. Sure they can send you another base but it's not the ex numbered base you had. May seem like a petty gripe because nothing about the base makes it unique other than the limited numbered ex edition on it. I mean an ex base can be replaced with a non ex base if damaged but point being it's no longer an ex base. It's like resorting to mixing and matching at that point which unfortunately is the only option at that point.

Haha so you both make very good points which leaves me once again in the middle! :panic:

Based on pics and feedback this is living up to the hype and more. I'm a huge Deadpool fan. Im probably one of the few people that actually enjoyed the character in the Wolverine film. The painter I'm being referred to by a fellow boardie is top shelf but I'm sure the bill will also be a hefty one. I feel like the right thing to do is inspect him for damage at the very least right? You never know with the various QC issues that can arise.... Deadpool should be inspected for damage yes?

Yes. It should be inspected for damage, BUT ONLY if you decide to keep both. :lecture Can it wait until the ex arrives? :wink1:
By the way if the the people who liked Ryan Reynolds Deadpool character is a minority count me in. :grouphug

Finally if you're as big a Deadpool fan as you say you are and you have the money to contract an artist to paint you a custom then go for it if that's what you want. :1-1:

I want an Xforce Deadpool variant from SSC...Hopefull we'll get one....And he has to be more white then grey! Something like this....

Yes. It should be inspected for damage, BUT ONLY if you decide to keep both. :lecture Can it wait until the ex arrives? :wink1:
By the way if the the people who liked Ryan Reynolds Deadpool character is a minority count me in. :grouphug

Finally if you're as big a Deadpool fan as you say you are and you have the money to contract an artist to paint you a custom then go for it if that's what you want. :1-1:

I like your moves :hi5:

I want an Xforce Deadpool variant from SSC...Hopefull we'll get one....And he has to be more white then grey! Something like this....

That is just wrong but it feels so right!! :thud: Haha that pretty much just sealed the deal but to be emotionally stable in my decision process I think I'm going to wait for the ex (only 2 days right?) and make my decision based on opening the one I'm definitely keeping. I wish I had your photo shop skillz though. Looks awesome Geno!

That is just wrong but it feels so right!! :thud: Haha that pretty much just sealed the deal but to be emotionally stable in my decision process I think I'm going to wait for the ex (only 2 days right?) and make my decision based on opening the one I'm definitely keeping. I wish I had your photo shop skillz though. Looks awesome Geno!

Thanks! Tavegg .....What I should of done is Photoshop the entire statue:slap....lol I realized it after the fact....I'm slow like that...

I've always wondered what SS will do in a case like this. I mean the base pretty much is the ex along with the limited exclusive accessory ie the chicken for example on the 1/5 aliens line of statues the face hugger the chestburster etc.

The base and the ex accessories are the only pieces that make an ex an ex. With the ex accessories they can be replaced if damaged assuming SS has replacements, but the base is numbered and therefore making it exclusive and non-replaceable. Sure they can send you another base but it's not the ex numbered base you had. May seem like a petty gripe because nothing about the base makes it unique other than the limited numbered ex edition on it. I mean an ex base can be replaced with a non ex base if damaged but point being it's no longer an ex base. It's like resorting to mixing and matching at that point which unfortunately is the only option at that point.

You make a good point, but at the end of the day, all I want is a base without a giant dent in the middle (you can see it from across the room...extremely annoying).

I'll let you know what they do when I hear back. I'm betting they'll make me break it and they'll send me a new one. Does anyone have experience with this? I hesitate to do it because what if the one I get as a replacement is worse than the one I have? Do they let you wait until you receive the new one, then break it?

When I received my ex 1/5 alien warrior one of the teeth was chipped off. A fang as a matter of fact. I didn't even notice it. Thankfully a fellow member pointed it out to me. Anyway SS required I send them pictures of the damage. After they approved a replacement body based on my photos they required I destroy the one I had AND send them photos of the destruction before they sent me the replacement. That's how it works.

1. Item arrives damaged.
2. You report the damage to SS upon receipt and inspection.
3. You email SS photos of the damage.
4. SS approves or denies a replacement based on your claim and photos
5. If approved SS requires you to destroy the one you have and email them photos showing you destroyed it before they send you the replacement

Luckily I haven't received a base that was damaged so badly I required a replacement which they'll only be able to replace with a non-ex base. But I hear you and agree. In the end you just want a non damaged statue. I think however SS also offered me a small credit of about $25-$40 if I remember correctly give or take in addition to a replacement. I think you are well entitled to the same amendment to satisfy the situation. You want what you pay for the ex. Unfortunately if it's the base that's damaged you're not getting exactly what you paid for if you have to settle for a non ex base. In part when buying an ex you pay for exclusivity a numbered more limited edition of a piece. Since you have to settle a replacement plus a small credit is a nice offer by SS.
And your replacement likely won't arrive damaged because I believe SS actually selects whatever you need replaced ensuring it passes for a replacement rather than just sending a replacement blindly without checking.

Last edited:
When I received my ex 1/5 alien warrior one of the teeth was chipped off. A fang as a matter of fact. I didn't even notice it. Thankfully a fellow member pointed it out to me. Anyway SS required I send them pictures of the damage. After they approved a replacement body based on my photos they required I destroy the one I had AND send them photos of the destruction before they sent me the replacement. That's how it works.

1. Item arrives damaged.
2. You report the damage to SS upon receipt and inspection.
3. You email SS photos of the damage.
4. SS approves or denies a replacement based on your claim and photos
5. If approved SS requires you to destroy the one you have and email them photos showing you destroyed it before they send you the replacement

So, they only made you destroy the body? I want to keep the body on mine because it's near perfect...I just want the base...think they will do that? Any Canadians have issues like this?

Correct they only required me to destroy the body. That's the only part that needed to be replaced and was replaced. If you receive an item damaged they only require you to destroy the damaged parts. Anything salvageable you keep. They don't automatically replacement the entire piece if they don't have to. So luckily the body for me wasn't the exclusive. It seems petty but hey you want what you pay for. Idk it's something that bugs me.

I requested a base for my EX babydoll few months ago, they request a pic of the bottom of the base that clearly show the EX number & sent me a base with the same number. & of course u will have to destroy one of them later :)

I requested a base for my EX babydoll few months ago, they request a pic of the bottom of the base that clearly show the EX number & sent me a base with the same number. & of course u will have to destroy one of them later :)

That's cool. So they will replace an exclusive base by the way you described. Now I know.

Back