Statue Sideshow Darth Sidious Mythos statue 1/5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Darth Sidious Mythos statue

**** this is cool.

I'll have to see what the rest of the line reveals first. Ventress was an automatic for me, I think I can wait for Sideous for awhile.

However he'd look pretty fantastic with Mythos Vader.

I concur, this looks cool!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't like it at all. mixed media on a mythos? why not just call this a 1/5 scale pf?

and I can't wait to hear how "complex" it is to justify the absurd price.

I do not like that "floating" pose, so awkward, it reminds me of that stupid Leia flying scene in TLJ.

dont like it either.. Ventress turned out very nice.. but this.. nope nope.. dont like the flying at all

After the ventress reveal I was hoping for a wow factor base but I'm with some of you guys. I'm just unsure about the floating and the sculpted inner cloak just doesn't look right compared to ventress. Having the first 5 mythos and preordered ventress I will need more thought if to go for this one.

After full reveal, I can't say I'm a fan. Several reasons; Prequel-era Palps (face), faberic, pose. I have all the other statues in this line, but will probably pass on this one. And the Emperor is my favorite character! Disappointing....

It’s not bad, but the floating with his feet dangling and completely visible are a turn-off for me. Maybe Ahsoka is next??

Loved the tease. But I'm not sure about this one at all now I've seen the full thing. It's the dangling feet I think. I liked the orange on Vader, but it doesn't work on this one. With it just being the feet, it sticks out too much. Doesn't help that they look odd before you paint them orange.... A more natural pose, feet and all. And a cape sculpted as well as Vader's (with tears and burns) might have seen this look much better. Oh well, these are too much money anyway so I'm not too disappointed that I don't like it that much.

I think this piece looks sick! I'm surprised about the disappointment. I wonder if people will still get this just to complete the new set?

Yeah, I don't get the levitation pose. At no point has he ever levitated nor have any of the other Sith/Jedi (aside from you know who floating through space). I think they could've achieved a similar effect with him leaping and it would've resonated much better to me. I'm not getting back into the 1/5 scale line anyway, so it's an easy pass. Other than the levitation, this is a beautiful piece though...

Yeah, I don't get the levitation pose. At no point has he ever levitated nor have any of the other Sith/Jedi .

yeah. thats the point of MYTHOS. none of the other mythos statues happened either. not sure how/why thats lost on some.

however, the cheetos dust color makes it return. i guess they learned nothing from the vader fiasco. its ugly and pointless. the sculpted robe looks like stone. this status is an easy pass.

I don’t like the floating. I want Asajj but both of these do not have the Mythos base like the past ones, which bothers me a lot. I really like those bases.

Cool idea to make a Mythos Emperor statue but this is a miss to me. The cloth robe over sculpted garments underneath was a bad idea here. I think it's partially because the sculpted garments lack the sharp detail needed to pass for something realistic. The Iron Studios Vader pulled the mixture off, I think because the sculpted details look terrific on that one.

I like the Emperor as a character way more than Asajj, but objectively the Ventress statue is a much better executed piece.

The Floating kills the statue. Thought this would be an easy order.

yeah. thats the point of MYTHOS. none of the other mythos statues happened either. not sure how/why thats lost on some.

however, the cheetos dust color makes it return. i guess they learned nothing from the vader fiasco. its ugly and pointless. the sculpted robe looks like stone. this status is an easy pass.

Not lost on me, it's just a bolder interpretation than the prior Mythos statues and I just don't like the pose much. At some point I'm sure Vader contemplated his decisions holding his helmet while standing in a pool of cheeto dust... :)

Teaser had me ready to buy it, but the pose sucks. Floating? Really? Don’t know what they were thinking considering Palpatine has never done that and I don’t even think he can. The others were based in a potential reality at least or weren’t so bold. Why not have him just standing on a rock with lava running beneath him or something? Everyone would have liked that.

Or make another Obi mythos where he did kill Vader on Mustafar and now is fighting Palpatine. Make it a combined statue type thing.

Back