Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa! That is how i would have chosen to have The Emperor's expression. Killer painting skills!

Thank you, it was really simple to do, I just mixed white and light gray together, then took a dry brush and just painted on highlights to the original Sideshow paint job and then added some red around the eyes. While Sideshow's eye paint job is a little flat, what really loses them is the lack of red in the eye sockets to make the whites of the eyes pop.

e193f5b87d3bbea3521a56d53b03a7e5.plist

2f6bce91d8742c012a95d9a207729aa1.plist

3675f400e959de198c64b54425a592dc.plist

b243068041a7d4f86a32aac88d857f50.plist

b9a0493a9299f63bc0a7000034491401.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks!

For anyone curious: Sideshow 2.0 Maul, repainted head (thickened black tattoos and semi gloss for texture), repainted eyes, Hot Toys clothing, HT lightsaber. I also have HT binoculars and HT cloak.

No, I bought the HT outter and inner robes to get the fuller looking outfit, belt, gloves, pants, boots and body are stock Sideshow, though I am going to have to replace the body soon, the thing is ridiculously flimsy now, kind of pathetic that they charge HT prices and the product can't even hold up.

kind of pathetic that they charge HT prices and the product can't even hold up.

It's incredibly pathetic that Sideshow is STILL releasing figures with ****** bodies that can't actually hold a pose. How is that even remotely acceptable in this hobby and at the prices they charge? It's clear they're aware of the problem and have zero interest in addressing it.

My SS Maul can't hold the lightsaber without the hand falling off. Since getting the HT version it's been boxed up and I doubt it'll ever see daylight again.

No, I bought the HT outter and inner robes to get the fuller looking outfit, belt, gloves, pants, boots and body are stock Sideshow, though I am going to have to replace the body soon, the thing is ridiculously flimsy now, kind of pathetic that they charge HT prices and the product can't even hold up.

Exactly what I did for my Maul 2.0. Thankfully it is still holding his pose. I tend to pose once and leave for a long time. The HS is just great on the SS 2.0

Mine holds decent enough for display but is lousy for photography and I’ve never had a hot toys body go loose like this.

I took my 2.0 out of his box an hour ago. I had him wrapped up ever since the hot toys version released. I had designs on putting him on the speeder with hot toys robe. He couldn?t even stand upright he is so flimsy. It was worse than I recall when I boxed him the first time. Sadly, back in storage he went.

Back