Sideshow Collectibles X Hot Toys - Star Wars Collaboration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have a link to the Indy DX? I need to edumacate myself on this DX stuff...

I thought about posting this in the Show Yourself thread in celebration of the Hot Toys/Sideshow Collectibles collaboration, but you really can't see me. And, somehow showing a pic of me being a doofus at Celebration V seems more appropriate here.

This is how much I love Star Wars and am excited upon this news (initially on my Facebok including caption):

40854_146933922001015_100000532237135_362792_5686624_n.jpg

Hey... uh, guys? It's me, TK-421... Uh... I seemed to have, uh, "lost" my stormtrooper gear and armor... Anyway... Hey... Something going on? The door won't open. I couldn't get the bridge to cross over the chasm either. Had to swing across using some rope thingy dangling from above. Where'd that come from?... Anyway, could you open the door?... Also... something going on outside? I keep hearing explosions or something. Another drill, perhaps?... Seems to have stopped though... almost eerily so... Uh, hello?...hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this...

Last edited:
I feel sorry for sideshow, who's going to buy their 12" starwar figures after hottoys start making them? It's like a bimmer vs hyundai, there is just no comparison.

Looking forward to the hottoys luke figure.

i highly doubt we'll so as many figures from HT from SW as we've seen from SS. I have a feeling there will be a very select few that come from HT

and great pic Galahad!

I hope HT first tackles the figures Sideshow hasn't done yet, and then starts going back to making the improved versions. I can understand them starting with Luke since he's the central hero of SW. But come on, give us the long awaited droids, Chewie, and Hoth figures before we see another Farmboy Luke!

So Sideshow is still making everything but the humans, right?

Upping their game I assume so they look good next to HTs figs?

Please let HT and SS collaborate on a proper ESB Vader. I don't care what it costs, the end result would be worth it.

When the rep from Sideshow said Vader would be getting the Deluxe treatment - I hope this is what he was referring to...

for those of you that seem to have missed the announcement earlier, the FIRST collaborative figure between HT and sideshow is a DX Bespin luke. And it's going to be on display at SDCC

I hope HT first tackles the figures Sideshow hasn't done yet, and then starts going back to making the improved versions. I can understand them starting with Luke since he's the central hero of SW. But come on, give us the long awaited droids, Chewie, and Hoth figures before we see another Farmboy Luke!

/puts on conspiracy hat

I think HT purposely chose luke because they wanted to show just how much better it will be compared to SSC's versions (which generally all sucked as evident by the half prices on ebay those are going for).

We all know HT are masters of doing human faces, so this will be exciting. I think SSC still has a shot with their *trooper and droids. But anything with human face, forget it :wave

Yes a nice leia figure will be great too, the SSC versions are pretty awful too.

Shi*.... This and LOTR/ The Hobbit were my nightmare... :slap:slap:slap

Sadly I'll only buy Darht Vader...

Have to many figures on my mind:

Spiderman
Cap America
Jack Sparrow
Batman/bruce wayne (if it possible)
Solid Snake

And in the future the Avengers film....:thud:

i hope this means that the 2 companies will be collaborating on all future figures from the SW line, and not just have HT make a few repeat characters and then move onto something else like they've been known to do. it would be nice if this was an ongoing thing.

Back