Sideshow Collectibles is killing me!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you fellas compaining about your wives/girlfriends, let me tell you: HUSBANDS can get just as grouchy about the collecting! I have my share of 'splaining to do, and my husband only THINKS he knows all the figures that aren't on display yet (still waiting for him to get busy and build me my display shelves!). :lol :lol

carbo-fation said:
:D Man....all this *****ing about Wives and girlfriends! Glad I am single!

Actually if it weren't for my other half there would be no way I could afford any of this stuff. While she can get a little pissy when I get out of control, which I fully understand, there would be no way for me to live on just my check.

For all the unsung hero wifes/girlfreinds/fiances/ I solute you!!!!

Behind every great collector theres a great women.....really pissed off and short on patience!

King Darkness said:
Actually if it weren't for my other half there would be no way I could afford any of this stuff. While she can get a little pissy when I get out of control, which I fully understand, there would be no way for me to live on just my check.

Behind every great collector theres a great women.....really pissed off and short on patience!

I couldn't have said it better myself!!! You and I have exactly the same situation!! :lol :lol

I second your salute!!

:chew :fireworks :chew

King Darkness said:

SALUTE. My girlfriend has been surprisingly supportive of me getting this line.. and when I told her about the Jabba/throne setup she didn't freak over the cost said as long as I didn't put it in the kitchen or living room or anywhere she could see it while she ate it was ok with her.

madden821 said:
SALUTE. My girlfriend has been surprisingly supportive of me getting this line.. and when I told her about the Jabba/throne setup she didn't freak over the cost said as long as I didn't put it in the kitchen or living room or anywhere she could see it while she ate it was ok with her.

Thats bascally the agreement we have come to. When I got my 1:1 Legend bust I wanted it in the living room. Which was quickly shoot down. My fiances pretty understanding as long as she doesn't have to stare at my stuff on a daily basis. I have my own room where all my crap goes and she's cool with that! I still want my 1:1 Legend bust in the living room though:cool:

you guys are lucky. My wife mocks me everythime she wants to do something, and my respond is "NO!!! For that price, I can get a SS figure". :monkey3

King Darkness said:
Thats bascally the agreement we have come to. When I got my 1:1 Legend bust I wanted it in the living room. Which was quickly shoot down. My fiances pretty understanding as long as she doesn't have to stare at my stuff on a daily basis. I have my own room where all my crap goes and she's cool with that! I still want my 1:1 Legend bust in the living room though:cool:

Same here. She accepts my collection as long as it does not invade her realm. The only exception so far has been the Jaws Maquette. She's a huge Jaws fan and wants that thing in the living room! :lol

Still can't sell her on anything else. Well, she does have my Jason mask in the living room, but it's kinda tucked away. Most people don't notice.

DarkArtist81 said:
Same here. She accepts my collection as long as it does not invade her realm. The only exception so far has been the Jaws Maquette. She's a huge Jaws fan and wants that thing in the living room! :lol

Still can't sell her on anything else. Well, she does have my Jason mask in the living room, but it's kinda tucked away. Most people don't notice.

I have yet to find that collectible she will accept into "her realm":lol ....I worked my butt off to get my Legend bust in the living room...I tried the whole "its museum quality" line and she responded "my living room is not a museum!"....So, maybe one day I can find something we both love to dsiplay in the living room.

I hope so man.... I know how frustrating that can be. I just hope that once I have Boba Fett in hand I can get her to let me display it. It's not creepy so she might let me.

My horror stuff all has to stay hidden....:lol

Back